Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

G__Deane wrote: View Post
    He has a player option for $25M next season, it won't be a few months
    Somebody has to play next year with Kyle and Serge.

But for real, April May June

Comment

I’m expecting big things from the veteran in the Playoffs. Welcome to Toronto, Gasol!

Comment

Step back and appreciate how crazy the Raptors starting lineup is how compared to July. 5 years of evaluating and steadiness and many complained about that...well, here we are
        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Kawhisexual wrote: View Post
          that's the puzzling part for me man... this move feels very lateral to me :s
          on paper it does look good I must say, in a sense that the whole starting line up has good Passing IQ except Kawhi Myabe, but we all know GS is gonna win this year :s

Comment

It's no "Everything AD"..but it'll do.

Comment

Raptor Jesus wrote: View Post
              Somebody has to play next year with Kyle and Serge.

But for real, April May June
              2 months away from 2 months away

Comment

A.I wrote: View Post
                I’m expecting big things from the veteran in the Playoffs. Welcome to Toronto, Gasol!
                Agreed, this is a great trade...Gasol brings everything that JV brings xcept for maybe the action on the pickandrolls. plus hes a better, more confident 3 point shooter and a better passer. If Gasol's downtrend can be blamed on the crappy Memphis team then were getting a borderline allstar...yes, I know , 34 is NBA old but hes far from over the hill. A good move by Masai this coming from a long time JV and Delon fan.

Great trade!
                Last edited by OldSchool; Thu Feb 7, 2019, 04:43 PM.

Comment

Kawhisexual wrote: View Post
                  that's the puzzling part for me man... this move feels very lateral to me :s
                  I think you are seriously underestimating Marc Gasol.... this isn't about how productive he is in limited minutes vs. JV. Gasol is a next level player, JV isn't.

Comment

Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Why people so upset about giving up a guy that played 19min/g and has missed half the season so far? Delon/CJ were out of the rotation anyways. This trade is a steal!

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
                      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                        Why people so upset about giving up a guy that played 19min/g and has missed half the season so far? Delon/CJ were out of the rotation anyways. This trade is a steal!

Remember how you cried and ate ice cream and watched the notebook for a week when DeMar left? Theres a lot of jv "fanboys" here, myself included. This one hurts for us
                        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
                          Step back and appreciate how crazy the Raptors starting lineup is how compared to July. 5 years of evaluating and steadiness and many complained about that...well, here we are
                          - Top 5 player
                          - Two top 30 players
                          - Siakam might even be top 30 himself
                          - One of the top 5 3+D guys in the league
                          - Two starters from last year (Ibaka, OG) coming off the bench with FVV and Powell still in the rotation

We just need another 3+D wing off the pine and we're set.

Comment

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post

Because JV is supremely overrated here because DanH has hyped his Kanter/Vucevic lookalike play for the past who knows how long, and people just eat up whatever he says even when it's clearly wrong.

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
                              Remember how you cried and ate ice cream and watched the notebook for a week when DeMar left? Theres a lot of jv "fanboys" here, myself included. This one hurts for us
                              No, I don't remembe. Raps got the better player in trade. Just like they did now. All they had to give up are two rotation players and an energy big. Not like we gave up an all-star or something. The couldn't crack 20mins

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

slaw wrote: View Post
                                I think you are seriously underestimating Marc Gasol.... this isn't about how productive he is in limited minutes vs. JV. Gasol is a next level player, JV isn't.
                                The other thing this does that people are overlooking is possibly relegates Lowry to 3rd option. Way less pressure on him and he can thrive in that role. It's when he has to be #2 or even 1B like he has in the past that he tends to come up smaller than mini-me. Even if he does still we can afford him not scoring somewhat since Gasol should be able to carry a pretty heavy load in the playoffs (ditto for Pascal to a lesser extent).

Comment

Working...
                                X