Everything Marc Gasol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

slaw wrote: View Post
    I like JV but Gasol is a premier team defender and he's going to have a much easier time offensively now that he's surrounded by others who can carry the heavy load. He's also historically been a tremendous playoff performer. This is a terrific move. Losing JV hurts a little cause he grew up here but moving Wright and Miles hurts Raps not at all. Now we wait to see if Raps can land Mathews to round out that second unit.
    I sure hope you're right. This would have been a great trade for Toronto 4 years ago, but in 2019 it mostly looks like a good trade for Memphis.
    "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
      Because JV is supremely overrated here because DanH has hyped his Kanter/Vucevic lookalike play for the past who knows how long, and people just eat up whatever he says even when it's clearly wrong.
      Oh yeah I forgot that majority of people here just go off what DanH says.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
        No, I don't remembe. Raps got the better player in trade. Just like they did now. All they had to give up are two rotation players and an energy big. Not like we gave up an all-star or something. The couldn't crack 20mins

Most of us arent sad about the result. Well, some are. As I tried to explain, some of us just really liked JV and its bittersweet
        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
          Remember how you cried and ate ice cream and watched the notebook for a week when DeMar left? Theres a lot of jv "fanboys" here, myself included. This one hurts for us
          Christian always hated JV lol. He wanted to trade him for that broken back dude from Houston.

Comment

I hope Gasol's efficiency goes up on a better team. His efficiency stats have been pretty underwhelming the last couple of years. And he's had Conley all year this year too.

Comment

MixxAOR wrote: View Post

When the fuck did JV ever average 24.5 points and 13.8 rebounds?

This ass clown is comparing PER36 numbers, which is fucking retarded and pretty much the worst analysis possible.

Comment

Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
                Because JV is supremely overrated here because DanH has hyped his Kanter/Vucevic lookalike play for the past who knows how long, and people just eat up whatever he says even when it's clearly wrong.
                Or, you know, because he was drafted here. Because we watched him play hard for the organization for years and never complain. Because he was a fun interview. Because he seemed like a really good guy. Because he wore his heart on his sleeve. Because he cared about the organization. Because he was a big part of the best Raptors teams ever assembled.

But at the end, we like him because he is likable. It's a really good life lesson to keep in mind.

Comment

Primer wrote: View Post
                  When the fuck did JV ever average 24.5 points and 13.8 rebounds?

This ass clown is comparing PER36 numbers, which is fucking retarded and pretty much the worst analysis possible.
                  Says "per 75 team possessions" in the tweet.

Comment

Or, you know, because he was drafted here. Because we watched him play hard for the organization for years and never complain. Because he was a fun interview. Because he seemed like a really good guy. Because he wore his heart on his sleeve. Because he cared about the organization. Because he was a big part of the best Raptors teams ever assembled.

But at the end, we like him because he is likable. It's a really good life lesson to keep in mind.
                    You can be sad he's gone. What is BS is this crap of acting like Memphis got the better player. Seriously like only a Raptors fan who blindly loves JV would think that.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                      Says "per 75 team possessions" in the tweet.
                      I'm on basketball reference right now and it is same as the PER36 numbers. So that tweet is beyond useless for comparing them.

Comment

JV was under utilized but I bet you Gasol will get the ball when hes open whereas JV sometimes didnt.

Comment

I think you are seriously underestimating Marc Gasol.... this isn't about how productive he is in limited minutes vs. JV. Gasol is a next level player, JV isn't.
                          In the playoffs, I trust Gasol more than JV. People are forgetting that playoffs are a different beast. Some players are more wired in. I like JV and thought he was underutilized, but Gasol doesnt miss easy tipins in important games.

Comment

Truth Teller wrote: View Post
                            JV was under utilized but I bet you Gasol will get the ball when hes open whereas JV sometimes didnt.
                            Why do you think that is? Players have more respect for him. Because he is the better player.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

I don't think SF understands what "likable" means.

Comment

Last time Gasol was in the playoffs

19.3/6.5reb/4.2ast on 47/58

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

Working...
                                X