buy out market

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kawhisexual wrote: View Post
    we gave up two 2nd round picks to get rid of richardson and monroe, only to sign ben mclemore and malcolm miller....

really...!?!?!?
    By trading them we dropped almost 4 mill in salary, giving us room under the tax to make some moves here.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
      JLin is seeking a buy out if he can find a suitor. Sign me up.
      Lin said he wants to be a starter.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
        Lin said he wants to be a starter.
        He said thats the goal, but he also put a disclaimer saying thats because he wants to compete. He knows hes not going to be a starter on a playoff team.

But I think Raptors should look into it, just so the other guys (Bucks or 76ers don't get him). Hes worth more for a team like the 76ers than us.

Comment

• magoon wrote: View Post
          I'd love to see Lin on the Raptors, but word is he wants either a starting or sixth man sort of role and he isn't getting that here. I suspect Philly will make a play for him.
          Yeah that's the issue we're running into with every target. Guys that are waived/bought out are typically looking for playing time, so they can up their value and actually sign a longer contract. That's what happened with Wes Mathews, Ellington and by the looks of it, Lin. They know they won't play much here.

We're problably gonna have to get at least two "diamonds in the rough" from the G league, like Miller. Nurse seems to like him, commented on well he knows the team already, and that he finds him quite steady (very few errors, always knows where to be).

Comment

• Truth Teller wrote: View Post
            He said thats the goal, but he also put a disclaimer saying thats because he wants to compete. He knows hes not going to be a starter on a playoff team.

But I think Raptors should look into it, just so the other guys (Bucks or 76ers don't get him). Hes worth more for a team like the 76ers than us.
            Lin isn't just worth signing to keep him away from Philly: he's a very good playmaker and scorer. He'd be fantastic on the second unit because he complements FVV's skills rather than duplicating them.

Comment

• magoon wrote: View Post
              Lin isn't just worth signing to keep him away from Philly: he's a very good playmaker and scorer. He'd be fantastic on the second unit because he complements FVV's skills rather than duplicating them.
              Sure, but I meant 76ers lack that. We have that and he would just give us a boost. I can actually see Lin getting 4th quarter minutes in some games for the 76ers when hes hitting 3s, hitting Embiid with the PnR pass or just being out there for spacing.

Comment

• Kawhisexual wrote: View Post
                we gave up two 2nd round picks to get rid of richardson and monroe, only to sign ben mclemore and malcolm miller....

really...!?!?!?
                Also, I'd say Ben + Miller is a pretty solid start to our buyout season. Anyone know approximately how much room we have remaining under the lux tax threshold?
                Last edited by SkywalkerAC; Sun Feb 10, 2019, 02:28 PM.

Comment

• Buyout FVV and take Lin 😉 FVVs layup attempt last night 6 feet from the basket with two guys towering over him was one too many for me. I think he thinks hes Siakam

Comment

• Why doesnt he know how to curl out and abort on those plays?

Comment

• Apparently the 10-days have been put on hold, you're not actually allowed to sign them until you have a min of 12 players.

https://theathletic.com/810328/2019/...s-are-on-hold/

The CBA does not allow teams to sign players to 10-day contracts unless they already have 12 full-season contracts on the books. That is, because the Raptors only have 10 players right now, they are ineligible to sign 10-day contracts. The CBA explains this in a somewhat roundabout way, but to simplify: You have to have 12 players under regular NBA contracts, excluding 10-days and two-ways.

It’s a little surprising, in retrospect, that the league allowed the Raptors to make all three trades at the deadline without a subsequent move lined up to meet the requirements. It’s a technicality, but the trade being finalized Saturday is retroactive to Thursday’s deadline, so in paperwork terms the Raptors have already been in violation of the minimum roster for several days now. Because there’s no language to this situation in the CBA, it’s unclear if the league is being understanding and giving the Raptors a grace period given the unique situation (something not afforded to teams over the roster requirement at the deadline) or if any signings they make will have to be made retroactive to Feb. 8.

It looks as if the Raptors will now have to sign two proper NBA contracts, probably as soon as Sunday or Monday. Maybe McLemore or Miller (or both) become full-season considerations or one of the names in the chart above factors in. The Raptors will probably still stay lean with their 13th and 14th roster spots, utilizing the 14-day window to be below the minimum through the All-Star break, where the tax would accumulate but those players have no utility.

For the Raptors, they now have to make two full-season commitments a little earlier than they maybe would have liked, and with a slightly thinner player pool to choose from. That deeper pool will still be available for their final roster spots, so this mostly comes down to a partial loss of flexibility.

Comment

• I want Robyn, Milos, and J.R

We need more size we need a shit disturber and we need a back up back up PG.

This article gets it pretty close;
                        https://www.raptorshq.com/2019/2/10/...mpionship-team

Comment

• Raptor Jesus wrote: View Post
                          I want Robyn, Milos, and J.R

We need more size we need a shit disturber and we need a back up back up PG.

This article gets it pretty close;
                          https://www.raptorshq.com/2019/2/10/...mpionship-team
                          Pest = Michael Beasley
                          Enforcer = Lopez

or maybe we can buyout lance stephenson after the lakers get knocket out of playoff contention
                          Last edited by c-troop; Sun Feb 10, 2019, 03:47 PM.

Comment

• c-troop wrote: View Post
                            Pest = Michael Beasley
                            Enforcer = Lopez

or maybe we can buyout lance stephenson after the lakers get knocket out of playoff contention
                            Lance is a quality Knucklehead, if LA is dumb enough to let go I say go for it.

Comment

• Raptor Jesus wrote: View Post
                              Lance is a quality Knucklehead, if LA is dumb enough to let go I say go for it.
                              what purpose would holding on to him serve once they are already out?

Comment

• c-troop wrote: View Post
                                what purpose would holding on to him serve once they are already out?
                                If they are out of it by March, which seems like an odd proposition, they can run Lance out there to keep the miles of Lebron's odometer. Then let him walk.

Comment

Working...
                                X