Likes Likes:  37
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14

Thread: buy out market

Raptors Republic Veteran Superjudge's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Any big they get HAS to be very mobile and defensively aware.
    Any slight chance this team has against a team like Milwaukee will come from an ability to read plays, take away space, and close out on guys shooting from the arc.

Thats hard to find.
    I don't see it on the "buyout" market just yet.

Raptors Republic Veteran planetmars's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Lopez and Gortat are great.. they would never play unless there is an emergency. We can always use Boucher in a pinch too.

But what we are still lacking is 3pt shooting. I'd go after Channing Frye (I don't think he's with a team currently, but could be wrong). If we need an emergency 3 (which is probably more likely than a 3rd big).. Frye can get that for you.

As I'm typing this I realize that Frye is also a C. So win-win. LOL

Raptors Republic Veteran
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote planetmars wrote: View Post
    Lopez and Gortat are great.. they would never play unless there is an emergency. We can always use Boucher in a pinch too.

But what we are still lacking is 3pt shooting. I'd go after Channing Frye (I don't think he's with a team currently, but could be wrong). If we need an emergency 3 (which is probably more likely than a 3rd big).. Frye can get that for you.

As I'm typing this I realize that Frye is also a C. So win-win. LOL
    Is Frye even available? We should be jumping all over that.

4. Likes inthepaint, Mapko liked this post
    Raptors Republic Veteran planetmars's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote golden wrote: View Post
    He's on the Cavs.. he played less than a minute on the 11th. Easily a buy out candidate though.. if we pushed hard enough I bet we could get him.

Raptors Republic Starter inthepaint's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote golden wrote: View Post
    Absolutely. Frye would fit like a glove. Could shoot the 3, is a veteran with championship experience, would work as an injury-insurance C, and could also play PF. We've got no true PF other than Siakam. OG can play the 4 but he functions much better at the 3 alongside Siakam. Getting another PF-C combo could free up OG to play his natural position (SF), where he does much better. We should get Frye.

Raptors Republic Superstar SkywalkerAC's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Frye is a good call. Can he still...move?

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
    Frye is a good call. Can he still...move?
    Not as much as he used to, but I think that's exactly why he could be available as a waived/bought a player.

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote planetmars wrote: View Post
    He's on the Cavs.. he played less than a minute on the 11th. Easily a buy out candidate though.. if we pushed hard enough I bet we could get him.
    Well, yes. That's because he's not very good any more. His rebounding has dropped below replacement player levels and he was never super great on defense, but now he's a sieve. His real plus-minus is awful, even on the Cavs. Sure, he can shoot the three, but so can Steve Novak.

Out of bigs who might get bought out, I think the best remaining option which is at least possible is Taj Gibson. Granted, Minnesota has to decide by March 1 that they're giving up on playoffs, because Taj is still a damn good player. But he's also 33, on a relatively big (14m) deal, and an expiring contract, and Minnesota right now is five games back from the eighth seed in the West and they've got Sacramento (desperate to make the playoffs) and the Lakers (LeBron) both ahead of them. I think it's at least feasible: if Minnesota decides playoffs aren't going to happen, they're a small market team and I'm sure they'll want to save the million or so they'll get out of paying him via a buyout.

Dwight Powell is technically possible, but I'm pretty sure the Mavs want to resign him, seeing as how he's good and relatively young.
    Last edited by magoon; Today at 05:03 AM.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote magoon wrote: View Post
    Well, yes. That's because he's not very good any more. His rebounding has dropped below replacement player levels and he was never super great on defense, but now he's a sieve. His real plus-minus is awful, even on the Cavs. Sure, he can shoot the three, but so can Steve Novak.

Out of bigs who might get bought out, I think the best remaining option which is at least possible is Taj Gibson. Granted, Minnesota has to decide by March 1 that they're giving up on playoffs, because Taj is still a damn good player. But he's also 33, on a relatively big (14m) deal, and an expiring contract, and Minnesota right now is five games back from the eighth seed in the West and they've got Sacramento (desperate to make the playoffs) and the Lakers (LeBron) both ahead of them. I think it's at least feasible: if Minnesota decides playoffs aren't going to happen, they're a small market team and I'm sure they'll want to save the million or so they'll get out of paying him via a buyout.

Dwight Powell is technically possible, but I'm pretty sure the Mavs want to resign him, seeing as how he's good and relatively young.
    Dwight Powell and Taj Gibson are too good to be waived for nothing (other then saving $). But then again I also thought that about Jeremy Lin...

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14

Thread Information