No announcement yet.

buy out market

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sooo guys think we're still gonna pick someone else up? maybe a 3rd big or PF? will teams buy players out closer to march 1st when playoff picture is a bit more clear? what about players in Chinese league or overseas? since we were watching thabeet work out maybe theirs some off the radar guy they might take a flyer on
    To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
      sooo guys think we're still gonna pick someone else up? maybe a 3rd big or PF? will teams buy players out closer to march 1st when playoff picture is a bit more clear? what about players in Chinese league or overseas? since we were watching thabeet work out maybe theirs some off the radar guy they might take a flyer on
      Could pick up a backup big in Donatas Motiejunas aka D-MO (currently in China), not sure how possible that would be, but I'm pretty sure he could be a serviceable player in limited role/minutes.
      Last edited by RandomGuy; Tue Feb 19, 2019, 03:10 PM.
      Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

• Don't we have to pick up one more guy to 14? Or is my math off...

Comment

• Should find out short term plans for the 14th spot very soon. We dropped below 14 guys on Feb 6th with the Malachi trade, and need to hit 14 guys within 14 days - meaning tomorrow. So at the least, we should see a 10-day signing by tomorrow (possibly Friday depending on when exactly the NBA starts and ends the clock).
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
            Not a buy out, but remember this guy ? I'm sure Grizz fans remember.

https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2019/02/...tar-break.html
            Please, no.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
              Not a buy out, but remember this guy ? I'm sure Grizz fans remember.

https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2019/02/...tar-break.html
              Do you feel Tha'beet?

Comment

• Someone in the vein of a Mike Scott/even PP would be great - Kief Morris kind of fit that bill. Mobile but strong and can shoot the 3. Made me think of Derrick Williams and his struggles as an NBA player that couldn't stick; probably should have worked more on that 3-ball. Apparently he plays for Bayern Munich.

I wouldn't be surprised if Masai goes outside-the-box rather than some of these retreads.

Comment

• welcome to the jodie meeks era

Comment

welcome to the jodie meeks era
                    The 10 days era.

Which end's March 1 (last day to add a player via free agency for a playoffs roster).

Comment

welcome to the jodie meeks era
                      Please...no "Everything Jodie Meeks" thread.....I'm sure the server can only handle so much

Comment

• Who’s starting the Everything Jodie Meeks thread

Comment

• That’s a solid pickup as a backup SG. Meeks can definitely score. I’m surprised he wasn’t on an NBA roster. Wonder what happened to him... was he injured or something?

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                            That’s a solid pickup as a backup SG. Meeks can definitely score. I’m surprised he wasn’t on an NBA roster. Wonder what happened to him... was he injured or something?
                            Suspended for 25 games at the end of last season for performance enhancing drugs. Suspension likely continued into this season and no one bothered picking him up.

This could be a very good pickup if he is in shape and can get his 3pt stroke going.
                            Last edited by hoodlum; Tue Feb 19, 2019, 09:25 PM.

Comment

• hoodlum wrote: View Post
                              Suspended for 25 games at the end of last season for performance enhancing drugs. Suspension likely continued into this season and no one bothered picking him up.

This could be a very good pickup if he is in shape and can get his 3pt stroke going.
                              I say get him back on the juice and let's seem what a fully cycling PED nba athlete can do for a couple games. then sign someone better March 1st

Comment

• hoodlum wrote: View Post

He's shot close to .400 for 4 different teams, so that's a good sign. Conditioning could be a problem, but he won't be playing big minutes here and if he can shoot, there's more than enough time left to get into game shape. Low risk, potentially high reward move.

Comment

Working...
                                X