buy out market

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• No Kanter for us... Makes sense. It'll be an interesting challenge to lure a big here since it'd really be as a depth insurance option, with little hope of playing time otherwise. Guess it'll be easier to lure a PF as we have no real back up PF besides Bouch maybe... Kieff starting to make more sense

Comment

• call me crazy, but I think we might as well get VC. He has familiarity with Lin and he's pretty good from 3 pt range.

Comment

• the_big_D wrote: View Post
          call me crazy, but I think we might as well get VC. He has familiarity with Lin and he's pretty good from 3 pt range.
          OK you're crazy.

Fans look only at the decent 3pt % and say "he's pretty good from 3". But the 6.5 PPG suggests he takes few threes lol
          Would he be great if he hit 100% but takes only 1 per game?

We don't need his brand of circus here right now or his 6 points; it's about winning, not sideshow quitters imo.

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post
            OK you're crazy.

Fans look only at the decent 3pt % and say "he's pretty good from 3". But the 6.5 PPG suggests he takes few threes lol
            Would he be great if he hit 100% but takes only 1 per game?

We don't need his brand of circus here right now or his 6 points; it's about winning, not sideshow quitters imo.
            You need to move on, it’s as simple as that. People change and it seems to me that VC has changed. I also think he could have a positive impact for us if he were to join.

Comment

• I'd accept vince back, but you'd have to hope the media circus wouldn't distract the team.

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post
                You need to move on, it’s as simple as that. People change and it seems to me that VC has changed. I also think he could have a positive impact for us if he were to join.
                Why would I need to move on?

Totally aside from the historic quitter aspect, what specifically about his 6 points including 1 made three per game makes you think he'd offer much impact? We already have veteran guys and winners from both inside and outside the organization. High character guys.

And the potential sideshow circus would definitely NOT be worth his minimal impact imo. Simple as that.

If some fans want to bring him back to relive some bizarre former glory, do it if Kawhi leaves and the team slides back to mediocre for a year or two and they need a fake media-induced distraction. Not now of all time....

Comment

• Comment

• ^^^Phew. Thank goodness.

Comment

• Rats. Exactly the player we needed. Maybe kwai said no

Comment

• Tmac2darak wrote: View Post
                        Rats. Exactly the player we needed. Maybe kwai said no
                        Highly doubt It was because the Raptors gave up on trying to get him. OKC has Patterson as their bench PF, and he's become one of the worst players in the league. Morris will get more minutes in OKC that he would have here.
                        If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• We need a true big. Who else is out there? other than Gortat?
                          Mamba Mentality

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                            Highly doubt It was because the Raptors gave up on trying to get him. OKC has Patterson as their bench PF, and he's become one of the worst players in the league. Morris will get more minutes in OKC that he would have here.
                            Didnt say we gave up but that's true what u say.

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
                              We need a true big. Who else is out there? other than Gortat?
                              Robin Lopez and Zach Randolph are the biggest big names out there other than Gortat. Lopez is great, but I doubt he or Gortat will want to sign with us given that the chance of either seeing minutes are low - they'd be Ibaka/Gasol injury insurance and little else. Z-Bo is, I think, a lot more likely (and would make Memphis fans love us even more) since we need to fill PF minutes more than we need to fill C minutes, and he gives the team an additional rebounder, decent defense and familiarity with Gasol.

I don't expect the team to sign anybody until the 1st or so, given that the remaining buyout guys are the ones who aren't going to demand as much attention (like Z-Bo) and want to get as much money out of their contracts as possible. Lin had good reasons for coming here early: he's playing for his next contract and wanted to get in on the Canadian endorsement market, where he should clean up immediately. A guy like Z-Bo, getting nearly thirteen large this year - he's not getting that next year.

Comment

• https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/2...playoff-teams/

List is looking trash now.
                                Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Working...
                                X