Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MixxAOR wrote: View Post

Who the fock is that guy?!

Another knee jerk reactionist & sensationalist.

Comment

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post
        Who the fock is that guy?!

Another knee jerk reactionist & sensationalist.
        Everybody has opinions and the opinions don't mean much till you can compare them to results. Raptors have 27 games (or so) to make a case one way or another.

Comment

Puffer wrote: View Post
          Everybody has opinions and the opinions don't mean much till you can compare them to results. Raptors have 27 games (or so) to make a case one way or another.
          Exactly. No need to bury them early on without seeing results. Most reputable analysts thought it was a good deal.

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post
            Me too but this was a necessary move.

JV took everything in strive & owned up to his mistakes. You can't ask for a better person to be a part of your organization.
            Lol i was actually trying to emulate Kawhi's deadpan-ness but I guess it didn't carry over very well through the internet
            OG is our king

Comment

Stats and especially advanced stats cloud things up. We’ve all seen Gasol, JV and Serge enough to know what they got.

Comment

Lol the shameless plug for his and his buddies pod at the end of it is hilaaaaaarious
                "Stop eating your sushi."
                "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                - Jack Armstrong

Comment

JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                  Lol the shameless plug for his and his buddies pod at the end of it is hilaaaaaarious
                  Reminds me of Colin Cowdung guy, always shits on the Raptors on his podcast.

Comment

A.I wrote: View Post
                    If Gasol doesn't work out and it also messes up Ibaka off the bench and we get kicked in the 2nd round... man, Paul Pierce and all those other guys will AGAIN say "told you so"... Il'be so pissed and there would be no other choice than quit beeing a fan of this team until the rebuild is done within 3, 5 or 10 years... after so many told you so's from the likes of Pierce, I couldn't handle watching this team going through a rebuild, tanking and shit... we'd be back to the laughing stock that we've always been.

This season, there is so much on the line. Basically, all of our credibility we've been working on over the last 5 or 7 years would be destroyed overnight if we lose in the 2nd round.

Let that prospect sink in...

Comment

• BadDinosaur wrote: View Post
                      If Gasol doesn't work out and it also messes up Ibaka off the bench and we get kicked in the 2nd round... man, Paul Pierce and all those other guys will AGAIN say "told you so"... Il'be so pissed and there would be no other choice than quit beeing a fan of this team until the rebuild is done within 3, 5 or 10 years... after so many told you so's from the likes of Pierce, I couldn't handle watching this team going through a rebuild, tanking and shit... we'd be back to the laughing stock that we've always been.

This season, there is so much on the line. Basically, all of our credibility we've been working on over the last 5 or 7 years would be destroyed overnight if we lose in the 2nd round.

Let that prospect sink in...
                      The rebuild is already happening, losing in the 2nd round will just accelerate it to this summer rather than the next.

Comment

• Yeah, but if we win or at least give a good fight to the Warriors in the Finals, everybody will agree that it was the right choice to go and try. Maybe we would lose our roster, but our franchise would get to keep its credibility. If we fail in the 2nd round... we'll be laughed at for the next decade...

Comment

• Comment

• Its amazing to me how the NBA media and fans over react to the short term so often. There is a difference between not playing well and not being good anymore.

In regards to the trade, I think Gasol still has plenty left. Sure hes past his peak, but in a lesser role with significantly better surrounding players he will look good. To me its a good buy low for short term help. Yes JV played really well this year and will be missed, but the ceiling is higher now and when you want a championship thats what you need.

Comment

• Comment

• DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
                                Its amazing to me how the NBA media and fans over react to the short term so often. There is a difference between not playing well and not being good anymore.

In regards to the trade, I think Gasol still has plenty left. Sure hes past his peak, but in a lesser role with significantly better surrounding players he will look good. To me its a good buy low for short term help. Yes JV played really well this year and will be missed, but the ceiling is higher now and when you want a championship thats what you need.
                                Gasol will conserve more energy and be more efficient like Ibaka this season. Some Catch & shoot, pick & roll, passing & rebounding without feeling the need to dominate and carry the bulk of the offense. Should be really good for him.

Comment

Working...
                                X