Raps @ Knicks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DanH wrote: View Post
    I find it interesting that the narrative of the Raptors excelling with Serge as starting C still survives in spite of that reality ending around when Lowry's insane shooting did (ie months ago).
    It's not that Raptors is always excelling when Serge is at C (other players need to produce of course). Is that Serge has for the most part excelled individually at C compared to last year when he played PF. He's been much more solid there, on W's and L's.

Comment

bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
      Serge has still been great tho when JV was out. He was basically a walking double-double. He has defiantly been more impactful playing the C the PF role from last year. I think the main thing is at this point in his career he should always be playing C. Today's game suits him much better playing C essential what the PF position was in his hayday in OKC.
      Oh, he should still play C, most of the time (he'd be fine with some PF minutes beside Gasol to get both their totals up high enough). But the Raptors sticking to a starting lineup that has largely been extremely mediocre since like, November, would be silly when they just made a big move for a C who they are hoping is an upgrade over the guy who already had better lineup numbers with the starters than Serge.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Oh, he should still play C, most of the time (he'd be fine with some PF minutes beside Gasol to get both their totals up high enough). But the Raptors sticking to a starting lineup that has largely been extremely mediocre since like, November, would be silly when they just made a big move for a C who they are hoping is an upgrade over the guy who already had better lineup numbers with the starters than Serge.
        The numbers since November were bad because Lowry was banged up, but also because we had Monroe instead of JV. If Ibaka stays exactly where he is (maybe with a little less minutes) and we have Gasol instead of Monroe, the bounce back will be astronomical.

The hope is that the Gasol/Ibaka two-headed centre will be even more powerful than the JV/Ibaka combo.

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
          Call the next one, but itll be well after the all star break. Fury is taking us to the DeRozan return game
          Thanks bud. I'm all about respect for the RR Veterans.

Comment

Tmac2darak wrote: View Post
            Thanks bud. I'm all about respect for the RR Veterans.
            Until they prove themselves knuckleheads.

Comment

inthepaint wrote: View Post
              The numbers since November were bad because Lowry was banged up, but also because we had Monroe instead of JV. If Ibaka stays exactly where he is (maybe with a little less minutes) and we have Gasol instead of Monroe, the bounce back will be astronomical.

The hope is that the Gasol/Ibaka two-headed centre will be even more powerful than the JV/Ibaka combo.
              What does Monroe have to do with anything? I'm not talking about the bench sucking of late, or Lowry missing time, I'm talking about the actual starting lineup struggling in their minutes.

I mean, yes, we should hope that we are better now. But that does not mean Serge should start over Gasol.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Never knew this.. wow

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post

Never knew this.. wow
                  would anyone here have given up Pascal for zinger?
                  To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

Shots fired.

https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/news/201...002110124.html

Losers

Toronto Raptors

Marc Gasol helps, but he's lost a step defensively, and it's not even clear he'd be part of the best Toronto lineup in the playoffs. Meanwhile, in the past three months, the Raptors have gone from the clear favorites in the East to arguably the least imposing playoff team of the big four (Boston, Philly, Milwaukee, Toronto). I'm not sure what Masai Ujiri could have done to change that reality, but in any case, the Raptors were on the outside looking as most of their rivals got better.

Big picture: Kyle Lowry has been declining for months, the chemistry between Lowry and Kawhi Leonard still hasn't materialized, Pascal Siakam is a great complementary player but probably not someone who can anchor a new era next season, and the Clippers just cleared an obscene amount of cap space for this summer. Toronto could absolutely make the Finals a few months from now, but this was not a great week.

Comment

watching Philly vs den. 6ers look pretty dam good. also boban is now their back up C between him and embid that's a hell of a load for opposing teams C ever night

Comment

bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
                        watching Philly vs den. 6ers look pretty dam good. also boban is now their back up C between him and embid that's a hell of a load for opposing teams C ever night
                        Yup! They look amazing right now
                        I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

GLF wrote: View Post
                          Yup! They look amazing right now
                          Honey moon period.
                          Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                            Honey moon period.
                            And they've already fallen off and let Denver tie it up. So never mind lol. But with that team as long as you have guys who can guard them pretty much straight up you're good. And we do. Danny can guard Jimmy, Marc can guard Embiid (as best as you can), we already know kawhi locks down Simmons and Pascal can handle Tobias well enough I would like to believe. It's just Kyle sticking to Reddick that would have to happen and I know he can do it. It's when they can run to mismatches and dominate you one on one is when they're dangerous. Oh also in transition so do not turn over the ball too much against them and you should be fine. But they are definitely better now that a couple days ago. That's for sure.
                            I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

What does Monroe have to do with anything? I'm not talking about the bench sucking of late, or Lowry missing time, I'm talking about the actual starting lineup struggling in their minutes.

I mean, yes, we should hope that we are better now. But that does not mean Serge should start over Gasol.
                              Monroe had to do a lot with the overall team struggles, because he was much worse as a backup C then JV or Serge (depending on who would be the backup or starter on that day). That's why we missed JV so much while he was hurt, because whether JV was a starter or not, with him being hurt meant Monroe had to play a lot. The whole team struggled, particularly the starting unit, because we had 2 of our best players (Lowry and JV, who was a starter for several games) be out with injuries, and in Lowry's case, even when he got back his shot wasn't the same.

Serge did his best to hold the fort a C, and played great games even on losses. The main reason the starters struggled was Lowry recovering from injury, both him and Kawhi being out of the lineup, and not having the luxury to start JV on games we would have. In simple terms, injuries is why we struggled. Not that you're saying that, but Serge had little to do with the starters struggles.

All I'm saying is instead of having Serge & Monroe as your centres (while JV was hurt), we'll now see have Gasol & Serge, which is of course much better, so we should see some improvement overall by the team.

Comment

I dunno what thread this belong in so I'm just putting it here.
                                the league forcing NO to play Davis by treating 100gs a game he sit is absolute bullshit
                                1. he asked to be traded
                                2. who the hell is the league to dictate to a team the minutes their players must get.
                                3. what if AD gets a long term injury so team won't trade for him and wait till he hits fa
                                4. what if he does get injurys and pelicans get fucked?
                                5. this will create a circus around pelicans rest of the year.

if I was pelicans I'd say fuck off Pay the roughly 3 mil in fines and move on from AD in the summer

Comment

Working...
                                X