Win Total for the Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Win Total for the Season

I just read in one of the "Morning Coffee" featured stories that the Raptors are on pace to match last seasons win total of 59. I found that hard to believe in a season of "load management," weeks long absences due to injuries and a relatively tough schedule. With everyone healthy, a softer schedule, and a talent upgrade via Gasol, along with the subtraction of CJ and Munroe who figured out to be net negative influences, as well as the prospect of picking up some help off of waivers, what do you think the win total winds up being?

I think it is realistic to project the Raptors as finishing in the #1 spot. I think the adjustment they have to go through will be far leases disruptive for the Raptors then for teams that are adding more potential rotation players. And I think their clear upgrade vis a vis Gasol versus JV will start to have an immediate impact. If they can find one or two more reliable shooters and a 3rd big with more upside than Greg, it seals te deal, in my opinion.

I expect them to get to 62 wins, or more.

Thoughts?

Just doing some quick math here.

26 games left.

9 against clubs +.500 (that includes 2 games against Brooklyn, and 1 against the Lakers)
    7 of the 9 are at home.
    0 back to backs
    14 games at home.
    12 games on the road

Being a bit pessimistic.. let's say we go 5-4 against the clubs +.500. 14-3 against teams -.500.

That would be 19-7 the rest of the way which would give us 59 wins.

62 wins seems possible.

I'll go with 60 wins on the nose though. We beat last year's record by 1 win.

Comment

20 - 6 for 60 wins is my call

I think there's an interesting angle here that we know from Casey's regime wasn't considered. Casey was afraid of Ball Gods, will Nurse look to game the standings to manufacture a preferred first/second round matchup?

e.g. If playoffs ended as the standings sit today, we'd have Charlotte first round and the better of Indiana and Brooklyn.

I pick whatever final win % gets us that in April and May.

Comment

Raptor Jesus wrote: View Post
        20 - 6 for 60 wins is my call

I think there's an interesting angle here that we know from Casey's regime wasn't considered. Casey was afraid of Ball Gods, will Nurse look to game the standings to manufacture a preferred first/second round matchup?

e.g. If playoffs ended as the standings sit today, we'd have Charlotte first round and the better of Indiana and Brooklyn.

I pick whatever final win % gets us that in April and May.
        Have to think Indy will fall to 5th. Leaving the second round matchup being one of Milwaukee, Boston or Philly. Ideally you jostle for Philly if you are playing that game, but it may well end up tight enough that you don't know what spot you are trying to get.

Best to just play the games. And rest guys when you want to rest guys, with no eye on the standings.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Yeah the best case is somehow being lone in a bracket 1-3 like we are currently. Unlikely as it is, you can still game to get the bracket split to find your perceived best match up. Or to avoid leaving one competitor in their own 1 - 3 split.

I would argue we're waiting to flip a switch and the team knows they have it. If we weren't dealing with so many lost to injury games and the wild trade deadline, we would be asking if we've decided to coast because of how great a start we got out to.

Comment

Working...
          X