Norman Powell 46th 2015
    Fred VanVleet undrafted 2016
    OG Anunoby 23rd 2017
    Pascal Siakam 27th 2016
    Patrick McCaw 38th 2016

A collection of high character hard working guys

May take a chip on your shoulder to raise the 'ship above 'em

Looking at this list makes me wish we hadn't given away 2nd round picks

Never realized that. And we’re looking for a few more guys that probably werent picked or picked low also.

Comment

ben mclemore was 9th pick. once he's able to join the team, this fact is void!

Comment

connected wrote: View Post
        We have ZERO lottery picks

FOUR players selected in the 2nd round

Kyle Lowry 24th 2006
        Marc Gasol 48th 2007
        Kawhi Leonard 15th 2011
        Serge Ibaka 24th 2008
        Danny Green 46th 2009
        Norman Powell 46th 2015
        Fred VanVleet undrafted 2016
        OG Anunoby 23rd 2017
        Pascal Siakam 27th 2016
        Patrick McCaw 38th 2016

A collection of high character hard working guys

May take a chip on your shoulder to raise the 'ship above 'em

Looking at this list makes me wish we hadn't given away 2nd round picks
        A ton of character guys, no azzholes but also not a lot of grit and sandpaper (to borrow from the hockey lexicon). None are really playoff bangers unless you're counting on angry Serge. Shippin out 2nd round picks for relative pennies return is still puzzling. Why not just waive Munroe for instance?

Comment

G__Deane wrote: View Post
          A ton of character guys, no azzholes but also not a lot of grit and sandpaper (to borrow from the hockey lexicon). None are really playoff bangers unless you're counting on angry Serge. Shippin out 2nd round picks for relative pennies return is still puzzling. Why not just waive Munroe for instance?
          Correct me if I'm wrong, but more rings in that lineup than any the Raps have sent to the postseason before. So there's that.

Also the team's best player has a Finals MVP.

Funny the Raps used to have a pile of lottery picks on the roster, Masai has turned them into these guys - which is a better team.
          "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

I hate that MLSE is so cheap. They make so much damn money yet Masai needed to save a few million dollars on the tax by trading Monroe and Malachi. It sucks.

Could have just waived them like you said, or kept them on the bench collecting their paycheck. In Monroe's case it's not like we can't use him. If Gasol or Serge need a rest day Monroe could easily fill in again.

To spend 2 picks on these guys is so crazy.. especially picks that could end up decent (high 30's) if everything falls apart in the next couple of years.

Masai could always buy back a 2nd rounder.. but on the other hand it's these 2nd rounders that also help trades go through. I mean if we didn't have a 2nd rounder.. would be be able to get Gasol?

Comment

No bangers, grit or sandpaper? Not sure if we're looking at the same roster.

Comment

S.R. wrote: View Post
                Correct me if I'm wrong, but more rings in that lineup than any the Raps have sent to the postseason before. So there's that.

Also the team's best player has a Finals MVP.

Funny the Raps used to have a pile of lottery picks on the roster, Masai has turned them into these guys - which is a better team.
                not just ring but guys who have won the big awards and been in the running.
                Gasol and kawhi both DPOY with serge being in contention.
                Danny been all nba defense
                fvv 6moy candidate
                pascal is gonna win MIP
                kyle kawhi and Marc have been all nba
                To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                  I hate that MLSE is so cheap. They make so much damn money yet Masai needed to save a few million dollars on the tax by trading Monroe and Malachi. It sucks.

Could have just waived them like you said, or kept them on the bench collecting their paycheck. In Monroe's case it's not like we can't use him. If Gasol or Serge need a rest day Monroe could easily fill in again.

To spend 2 picks on these guys is so crazy.. especially picks that could end up decent (high 30's) if everything falls apart in the next couple of years.

Masai could always buy back a 2nd rounder.. but on the other hand it's these 2nd rounders that also help trades go through. I mean if we didn't have a 2nd rounder.. would be be able to get Gasol?
                  The question "Why did we give up 2 2nd round picks along with Monroe and Malachi to open up 2 roster spots?" can really only be evaluated once Masai and Bobby finish filling out the roster. Right now, the painting is half finished. Once it's finished, we can then debate whether the cost of throwing in the draft picks was worth it.For now, let's just keep your powder dry...

Comment

Zak24gege wrote: View Post
                    The question "Why did we give up 2 2nd round picks along with Monroe and Malachi to open up 2 roster spots?" can really only be evaluated once Masai and Bobby finish filling out the roster. Right now, the painting is half finished. Once it's finished, we can then debate whether the cost of throwing in the draft picks was worth it.For now, let's just keep your powder dry...
                    honestly I think it has to do with a few things. First of all if you are looking at tax and the CBA... having those extra bits of dollars lying around opens up more room for our mid level tax payers exception to pay for ppl on the buy out market.

Also I think with Marc and Serge... Monroe is essentially useless... like he will not play unless a major injury happens and even then... he is a liability on defence still.

Realistically, malachi is also a waste of a roster spot especially since if you just waive him and sign someone else ... the dollars from his contract are still on the books.

Comment

SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                      No bangers, grit or sandpaper? Not sure if we're looking at the same roster.
                      Who are these players that fill the opposition with fear to take liberties then? I mentioned angry Serge. Lowry can play aggressively but I'm talking physically being aggressive with the body, being a little dirty

Comment

Who are these players that fill the opposition with fear to take liberties then? I mentioned angry Serge. Lowry can play aggressively but I'm talking physically being aggressive with the body, being a little dirty
                        You’re talking about fiery, emotional outbursts and dirty play? I would say that’s not what true grit is, and that truly great teams don’t really require such a thing. True grit is locking down their best player without saying a word, keeping your cool when the pressure is at a breaking point, and forging a comeraderie that can overcome all odds.

That said, Gasol’s going to be laying down serious wood. And Kawhi steals opponents’ souls.

Comment

...That said, Gasol’s going to be laying down serious wood. And Kawhi steals opponents’ souls.
                          And building a box around their souls with the wood that Gasol laid down.

Soul Coffin...(sounds like a cool name for a band)

Comment

You’re talking about fiery, emotional outbursts and dirty play? I would say that’s not what true grit is, and that truly great teams don’t really require such a thing. True grit is locking down their best player without saying a word, keeping your cool when the pressure is at a breaking point, and forging a comeraderie that can overcome all odds.

That said, Gasol’s going to be laying down serious wood. And Kawhi steals opponents’ souls.
                            OK we've established that you're not getting it. I used differnet words for you to try and understand and you pick out one. Raps could be a great team that I still think could use a bit of grit and attitude. Now pick of of those and disagree

Comment

OK we've established that you're not getting it. I used differnet words for you to try and understand and you pick out one. Raps could be a great team that I still think could use a bit of grit and attitude. Now pick of of those and disagree
                              Didn’t we just trade for Grit n Grind?

Comment

Working...
                              X