Likes Likes:  110
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Everything Jeremy Lin

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote LJ2 wrote: View Post
    Fills the Delon role which doesn't exactly move the needle, but he's much more offensive minded than Delon which perhaps improves the bench?
    Oh he moves the needle. Trust
    I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote GLF wrote: View Post
    LOL true. But I really thought he wasn't going to come here because of playing time. I didn't think Delon's minutes would be enough for him
    Minutes? He's nothing more than a backup... he'll take what he can get to play with us. He seemed to be the best option out there as far as buyout guys, but I wouldn't hold your breath expecting the 14 game Linsanity streak. Lest we forget Il Mago had a similar run for us back then as well

Raptors Republic All-Star GOLDBLUM's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Fills the Delon role which doesn't exactly move the needle, but he's much more offensive minded than Delon which perhaps improves the bench?
    Our bench needed confidence and shooting. Love Delon but Lin should be a clear upgrade.

It’s a block party in TO.. bringing in guys who have been around, still have something in the tank and are hungry for a chip.

Lez go!!!

(Would like to see one more solid big man addition and we’re set.)

Raptors Republic Superstar Raptor Jesus's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The hype train is picking up wild speed, this is the type of stuff the warriors and cavs of the world experience every year.

Raptors Republic Veteran planetmars's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

So just compared Delon and Lin's stats this year. Delon averaged 18.4 mpg. Lin 19.7.

So Lin wasn't really playing a lot in Atlanta and should be fine with 18-19 minutes here in Toronto.

We lost some defense though. Delon is a much better (and craftier) defender. Might have to play McCaw at the same time as Lin so he doesn't get torched on defense.

Raptors Republic Veteran
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

We badly needed playmaking and shooting. Gasol and Lin are excellent upgrades in those areaa.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Mack North wrote: View Post
    Minutes? He's nothing more than a backup... he'll take what he can get to play with us. He seemed to be the best option out there as far as buyout guys, but I wouldn't hold your breath expecting the 14 game Linsanity streak. Lest we forget Il Mago had a similar run for us back then as well
    No one is expecting Linsanity lol. That was YEARS ago. But he is a clear upgrade over Delon at this point in their careers and he's probably one of the best back up point guards/shooting guards out right now. That's all we need from him. Shooting and playmaking and that's what he's good at. And now I don't worry about Fred as much. Him having to run the bench alone was stressing me lol. Not a lot though because I knew come playoff time they would play Kawhi, Kyle or Pascal alongside him to help
    I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Raptors Republic Veteran planetmars's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

So Masai went out and basically traded JV/Miles/Delon for Gasol and Lin.

Not a bad trade if you look at it like that.

9. Likes Joey liked this post
    Raptors Republic All-Star DogeLover1234's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Puffer wrote: View Post
    Upgrade over Fred, or just different? I haven't seen enough of him over that last few years to know. I realize several members were pretty high on him and I thought he looked pretty good playing against the Raptors.
    He was great with the Hornets but havent seen him at all post injury. Probably a worthwhile pickup, though I assume hes mostly insurance rather than a difference maker.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote planetmars wrote: View Post
    So just compared Delon and Lin's stats this year. Delon averaged 18.4 mpg. Lin 19.7.

So Lin wasn't really playing a lot in Atlanta and should be fine with 18-19 minutes here in Toronto.

We lost some defense though. Delon is a much better (and craftier) defender. Might have to play McCaw at the same time as Lin so he doesn't get torched on defense.
    That I agree with. Delon is a much better defender than Lin. But we have so many good defenders I'm not too worried. McCaw being one of them as you said.

Raptors Republic Veteran
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote GLF wrote: View Post
    No one is expecting Linsanity lol. That was YEARS ago. But he is a clear upgrade over Delon at this point in their careers and he's probably one of the best back up point guards/shooting guards out right now. That's all we need from him. Shooting and playmaking and that's what he's good at. And now I don't worry about Fred as much. Him having to run the bench alone was stressing me lol. Not a lot though because I knew come playoff time they would play Kawhi, Kyle or Pascal alongside him to help
    Unlike FVV, Lin can be trusted to run an offense as the bench PG. This means Fred can go back to his pint-sized SG, secondary ball handler, overrated defender role.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote golden wrote: View Post
    Unlike FVV, Lin can be trusted to run an offense as the bench PG. This means Fred can go back to his pint-sized SG, secondary ball handler, overrated defender role.
    Exactly! LOL. Put the ball in Lin's hands and have Fred space the floor. That's how it should have been with Delon as well but Delon lacked enough confidence too often and wasn't consistent. Delon used to also pick up his dribble too fast at times for no reason and get himself into trouble.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer The Great One's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Lin >>> FVV

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote The Great One wrote: View Post
    Lin >>> FVV
    YUP! And that's an upgrade. He's better than both Fred and Delon. When Lin is on and playing well he may be better than last years Fred as well

Raptors Republic Veteran Hotshot's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote The Great One wrote: View Post
    Lin >>> FVV
    Okay I know Lin is your boy but that's crazy.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer The Great One's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Hotshot wrote: View Post
    What's crazy?

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Hotshot wrote: View Post
    naw he's right this time.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer DanH's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Some were (are?) pitching Lin over FVV, which I was quite against - but Lin for cheap to go along with FVV? Letting Lin run the bench offence (PnR especially), and getting FVV off the ball more - love it. I think that's the ideal buyout pickup.

20. Likes A.I, Just Is, Hotshot liked this post
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer Bendit's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Not quite sure how these buyouts work... looks like he may have asked for it ... does it mean he could take a shave to play for the Raps?
    “When my information changes, I alter my conclusions. What do you do, sir?” J.M. Keynes

“They’re not an up-and-coming team (Raptors). They here.” Kevin Durant

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer DanH's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Bendit wrote: View Post
    Not quite sure how these buyouts work... looks like he may have asked for it ... does it mean he could take a shave to play for the Raps?
    He's a free agent now so the Raps have to sign him to a new deal. They have the minimum or the tax-MLE (up to just over 4M) to offer him.

23. Likes Bendit liked this post
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread Information