Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the_big_D wrote:
    my armour needs work ..there's a chink in it
    I remember when the NY times ran that headline 7 years ago. The only thing worse then a shitty joke is a stolen shitty joke...
    To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
      I remember when the NY times ran that headline 7 years ago. The only thing worse then a shitty joke is a stolen shitty joke...
      It wasn't the NY Times it was ESPN, and they fired the asshole who wrote it.
      If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
        Not fucking funny whatsoever. How old are you?
        He's off to a flying start, I didn't expect much out of a user name straight off the back of a beer league slo pitch jersey
        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

can we do firings here?

Comment

• the_big_D wrote: View Post
            Kimchi is gross like almost all Korean food
            the_big_D wrote:
            my armour needs work ..there's a chink in it
            Weak and lame. The worst kind of troll is a lazy one.

Comment

In fairness, the saying is an old one and has nothing to do with any race. That was actually one of the first really true internet mob go get'em firings where the guy had no chance to defend himself. Interestingly enough, he's now a priest....

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
                In fairness, the saying is an old one and has nothing to do with any race. That was actually one of the first really true internet mob go get'em firings where the guy had no chance to defend himself. Interestingly enough, he's now a priest....
                To use it in conjunction with an Asian player means he was either intentionally racist or grossly incompetent. Either explanation is well deserving of being fired, internet mob or not.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
                  Of course the saying is an old one, but the guy who used it as the ESPN headline was incompetent at least, and incompetent people do get fired, and justifiably so. The term being used in this thread was deliberate,
                  If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• Man. Between the the_tiny_pp and Scarborough Seb this place just got way more annoying.

Flat out ignorant, big D.

I know I have no authority here but you’re both banned.

And I’m instituting a subsequent no-new-joiners policy.

Seriously though mods — open racism cool now cause Lin joined the Raps?

Comment

• GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post
                      Man. Between the the_tiny_pp and Scarborough Seb this place just got way more annoying.

Flat out ignorant, big D.

I know I have no authority here but you’re both banned.

And I’m instituting a subsequent no-new-joiners policy.

Seriously though mods — open racism cool now cause Lin joined the Raps?
                      You know how lazy mods are.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                        You know how lazy mods are.
                        I don’t know about that. I know mods have their hands full dealing with frequent childishness and bickering and I appreciate the difficultly of wading into those waters.

For a new member to drop a racial slur within about 5-10 posts of being here though — I know that that deserves some attention.

Comment

• And as a member of this little online community I’ll probably make some noise about it until I hear something either way.

And to preempt anyone who might think - cut it with your fake outrage — gfy.

(Perhaps an apology would be a place to start, if one felt apologetic. I get that people can cross the line without meaning ill. No place for racial slurs though.)
                          Last edited by GOLDBLUM; Thu Feb 14, 2019, 07:22 PM.

Comment

• To the little pp

Comment

• Lin last night - 8pts 5rbs 5ast in 20 something mins. He's GOOD.

The FVV injury is kind of a blessing in disguise because now we'll see Lin play more mins behind Lowry and I think we'll also see him play the 2. He"ll get the chance to showcase himself. IMO he's a way better player than FVV and Powell.
                              Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Lin's post game presser was good. I cringed a little when the one reporter asked if Lin was surprised to be asked questions in Mandarin and is Toronto the only place that does that? and Lin basically said "Nah that happens everywhere."

Comment

Working...
                                X