Everything Jeremy Lin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

planetmars wrote: View Post
    So Masai went out and basically traded JV/Miles/Delon for Gasol and Lin.

Not a bad trade if you look at it like that.
    Plus malcom miller for CJ. seems like an upgrade at every position good deadline for the raps
    To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

Hopefully he gets here in time for our Chinese new year jerseys

Comment

bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
        Plus malcom miller for CJ. seems like an upgrade at every position good deadline for the raps
        JV > Gasol
        Delon > Lin
        Miles > McLemore/Miller

Upgrades across the board.

Next up:

Moose > ?

*Edit: using the > to show transition, not greater than's
        "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Nice pick up! If Lin kept up the pace on his 2017-2018 season he wouldve been an All star. Lol

We still need a dead on shooter. And a back up 4/5.

Comment

saints91 wrote: View Post
            Nice pick up! If Lin kept up the pace on his 2017-2018 season he wouldve been an All star. Lol

We still need a dead on shooter. And a back up 4/5.
            McLemore has shown he can put up 36-40% on moderate usage. Miller put up 38% career in the G League. CJ was coming around, but these guys have the potential to be better than what he was giving us this season.
            "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

GLF wrote: View Post
              YUP! And that's an upgrade. He's better than both Fred and Delon. When Lin is on and playing well he may be better than last years Fred as well
              How's Lin's defence compared to Delon's and FVV's? Both of them are good defenders. Your team defence can suffer if you need to hide one guy on D, so hopefully that's no longer the case this year.

I think this is a good signing and we all know that he's a good playmaker and shooter, but all our guys this year now that Miles is gone are at least solid defenders, so he's gotta be that as well if he wants minutes, imo. Good signing though, we needed another PG.

Comment

golden wrote: View Post
                What does FVV do significantly better than Lin, other than play on a better team with better players? With a Lin-Powell backcourt, you could move OG back to SF and you don't need FVV anymore.
                The only thing I would say is Fred is still a pretty elite shooter when it's catch and shoot action. Norm and OG are not on his level when you look at it that way. He's also better than Lin at catch and shoot 3's as well. So it's nice to still have him if he's going to be used as more of a floor spacer secondary ball handler. And even though his bball IQ has seemed to have fallen off it's still better than Norm's or OG's I would think. But yea with Lin we wouldn't need Fred as much for sure
                I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

golden wrote: View Post
                  What does FVV do significantly better than Lin, other than play on a better team with better players? With a Lin-Powell backcourt, you could move OG back to SF and you don't need FVV anymore.
                  I would like to assume he’s a lot better defender than Lin. But I’m not the guy to look up stats to defend my position so that’s just my idiot opinion.

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
                    What I like most about JL is that is not afraid of the big moments in a game. That is huge in the playoffs.
                    To be fair, Delon stepped up big in last year's playoffs at key moments too. But you're right, JL is gonna be great for us.

Comment

S.R. wrote: View Post
                      McLemore has shown he can put up 36-40% on moderate usage. Miller put up 38% career in the G League. CJ was coming around, but these guys have the potential to be better than what he was giving us this season.
                      Agreed. These guys may not have the formerly dead-eye, (now just dead), reputation that CJ did as a shooter, but I don't see us getting another shooter after this.

McLemore, Lin, Miller... even Bouch... this is likely the best it gets for added shooters right now.

As far as I'm concerned, if this has been dumpster diving... that's some good dumplings!

Comment

Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

So McLemore is officially a Raptor?
                          Mamba Mentality

Comment

The Great One wrote: View Post
                            So McLemore is officially a Raptor?
                            still on 10 day
                            Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

jacobdr4 wrote: View Post
                              I would like to assume he’s a lot better defender than Lin. But I’m not the guy to look up stats to defend my position so that’s just my idiot opinion.
                              Eye test alone delon is a much better defender then Lin. Hes long and good at disrupting the lanes. the knock on Lin has always been his defense. But if your playing him and FVV together i think you can put fred on the true PG and have JLin guard to 2 to try and hide him a bit

Comment

Awesome! Nice work Masai. I guess this means that Lloyd gets to stay on his 2-way and focus on the 905.

Comment

Working...
                                X