• Time
  • Show
Clear All

So glad he’s not going to Philly.

Great get.

Comment

Mack North wrote: View Post
      Fixed that for you.
      LOL true. But I really thought he wasn't going to come here because of playing time. I didn't think Delon's minutes would be enough for him
      I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
        championship confirmed
        yup!
        I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

Jclaw wrote: View Post
          Just in time to ruin somebody else's Valentines Day!!

Holy shit. Haven’t seen that in forever. That may be the most hyped I’ve ever heard a crowd in the ACC — and it was for another team’s game winner. Wow.

Comment

Fills the Delon role which doesn't exactly move the needle, but he's much more offensive minded than Delon which perhaps improves the bench?

Comment

LJ2 wrote: View Post
              Fills the Delon role which doesn't exactly move the needle, but he's much more offensive minded than Delon which perhaps improves the bench?
              Oh he moves the needle. Trust

Comment

GLF wrote: View Post
                LOL true. But I really thought he wasn't going to come here because of playing time. I didn't think Delon's minutes would be enough for him
                Minutes? He's nothing more than a backup... he'll take what he can get to play with us. He seemed to be the best option out there as far as buyout guys, but I wouldn't hold your breath expecting the 14 game Linsanity streak. Lest we forget Il Mago had a similar run for us back then as well

Comment

Our bench needed confidence and shooting. Love Delon but Lin should be a clear upgrade.

It’s a block party in TO.. bringing in guys who have been around, still have something in the tank and are hungry for a chip.

Lez go!!!

(Would like to see one more solid big man addition and we’re set.)

Comment

The hype train is picking up wild speed, this is the type of stuff the warriors and cavs of the world experience every year.

Comment

So just compared Delon and Lin's stats this year. Delon averaged 18.4 mpg. Lin 19.7.

So Lin wasn't really playing a lot in Atlanta and should be fine with 18-19 minutes here in Toronto.

We lost some defense though. Delon is a much better (and craftier) defender. Might have to play McCaw at the same time as Lin so he doesn't get torched on defense.

Comment

We badly needed playmaking and shooting. Gasol and Lin are excellent upgrades in those areaa.

Comment

Mack North wrote: View Post
                          Minutes? He's nothing more than a backup... he'll take what he can get to play with us. He seemed to be the best option out there as far as buyout guys, but I wouldn't hold your breath expecting the 14 game Linsanity streak. Lest we forget Il Mago had a similar run for us back then as well
                          No one is expecting Linsanity lol. That was YEARS ago. But he is a clear upgrade over Delon at this point in their careers and he's probably one of the best back up point guards/shooting guards out right now. That's all we need from him. Shooting and playmaking and that's what he's good at. And now I don't worry about Fred as much. Him having to run the bench alone was stressing me lol. Not a lot though because I knew come playoff time they would play Kawhi, Kyle or Pascal alongside him to help

Comment

So Masai went out and basically traded JV/Miles/Delon for Gasol and Lin.

Not a bad trade if you look at it like that.

Comment

Puffer wrote: View Post
                              Upgrade over Fred, or just different? I haven't seen enough of him over that last few years to know. I realize several members were pretty high on him and I thought he looked pretty good playing against the Raptors.
                              He was great with the Hornets but havent seen him at all post injury. Probably a worthwhile pickup, though I assume hes mostly insurance rather than a difference maker.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                                So just compared Delon and Lin's stats this year. Delon averaged 18.4 mpg. Lin 19.7.

So Lin wasn't really playing a lot in Atlanta and should be fine with 18-19 minutes here in Toronto.

We lost some defense though. Delon is a much better (and craftier) defender. Might have to play McCaw at the same time as Lin so he doesn't get torched on defense.
                                That I agree with. Delon is a much better defender than Lin. But we have so many good defenders I'm not too worried. McCaw being one of them as you said.

Comment

Working...
                                X