Chris bosh on Toronto & 2010 free agency

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chris bosh on Toronto & 2010 free agency

Chris Bosh was on the bill simmons podcast discussing the "player empowerment" era and his thoughts on Toronto and 2010 free agency came up. I've heard him talk about it before but never with this much detail.

Wondering how you guys feel about how he handled his decision almost 10 years later as opposed to how players like Anthony Davis and Kyrie are handling it now.

Also, I know bosh has been welcomed back but he still doesn't paint Toronto in the best light with these comments. Thoughts?

Recap:
    -Gave up hope in Toronto after John Salmons bailed on us in free agency
    -playing in Toronto is a handicap
    -complains about customs wait times. Said he did the math and its 26 hours per season
    -Miami flew players around on private jet, asked for this in Toronto but they said no
    -Never considered asking for a trade but ran out of gas in 09/10 season

https://art19.com/shows/the-bill-sim...1-057137789e57

(time stamp: 7:12)
    "you can't be playing checkers, on no chess board yoo!" - D'angelo

There were just a whole lot of guys devastated they got traded and now have to move from Toronto. Derozan still hasn’t gotten over it. One of Porzingas’ preferred destinations. Ask Jonas how he feels about leaving. My feeling? You can’t please everyone, Chris Bosh just never knew when to shut up, and people in Toronto like you have to get a thicker skin. Also, I thought it would be a lot more than 26 hours at customs. Over an entire year... not bad. File it under “who cares”.
    Last edited by meductic; Mon Feb 11, 2019, 08:44 PM.

Comment

I'd want to leave too if Bryan Colangelo was my GM/President. That guy was awful

Comment

I think, if anything, that bosh is clearly a diva.

Comment

Bosh was always this guy, he just smiled and cashed cheques. The whole time counting the hours till Bron scooped him up, carried him over the border and to a championship.

Forget this guy ever existed.

Comment

"player empowerment"?

It reads like a bad prequel to the treatise "how to devolve into a selfish pampered athlete"

Methinks the pendulum has swung too far ....

Comment

this guy is a tool, why is he even relevant anymore =/

Comment

I think you guys are being a bit harsh.

Comment

buckets wrote: View Post
                  Chris Bosh was on the bill simmons podcast discussing the "player empowerment" era and his thoughts on Toronto and 2010 free agency came up. I've heard him talk about it before but never with this much detail.

Wondering how you guys feel about how he handled his decision almost 10 years later as opposed to how players like Anthony Davis and Kyrie are handling it now.

Also, I know bosh has been welcomed back but he still doesn't paint Toronto in the best light with these comments. Thoughts?

Recap:
                  -Gave up hope in Toronto after John Salmons bailed on us in free agency
                  -playing in Toronto is a handicap
                  -complains about customs wait times. Said he did the math and its 26 hours per season
                  -Miami flew players around on private jet, asked for this in Toronto but they said no
                  -Never considered asking for a trade but ran out of gas in 09/10 season

https://art19.com/shows/the-bill-sim...1-057137789e57

(time stamp: 7:12)
                  a) I think all guys have nexus now... no dealing with custom agents anymore
                  b) playing in Toronto can be a handicap at times yes
                  c) dont all teams have private jets now? I know Toronto does there jet flies out of chartwright or something which is across from airport strip club on derry rd in mississauga lol

overall yes the team was going nowhere so dont disagree with him leaving... but raptors today are different. yes some guys dont want to come here but others do... bosh played in a different era of toronto basketball...

Comment

sanyo wrote: View Post
                    a) I think all guys have nexus now... no dealing with custom agents anymore
                    b) playing in Toronto can be a handicap at times yes
                    c) dont all teams have private jets now? I know Toronto does there jet flies out of chartwright or something which is across from airport strip club on derry rd in mississauga lol

overall yes the team was going nowhere so dont disagree with him leaving... but raptors today are different. yes some guys dont want to come here but others do... bosh played in a different era of toronto basketball...
                    Let me get this straight ... Bosh during the podcast says you can't win in Toronto .. Complaining again about his time in Toronto ... The guy is saying this crap after witnessing Toronto making the playoffs for how many straight years and a conference best record as soon as last year .. Heck he is saying this while the Raptors are currently 42-16 ... Seriously your still bitching about playing in Toronto .. This city's fan base made you a starting PF by voting you in the allstar game .

At least he said the truth ... Garnett owned him ... Garnett made him look so small ... Bosh if drafted in the West how many all stars would he have been part of ? He would be how we look at LaMarcus Aldridge .

Comment

ya its not about being sensitive about chris bosh's antiquated opinion. I just thought it was odd timing given how much has changed in the Masai/Lieweke era.

And as far as "player empowerment", yes the proverbial pendulum has prolly swung too far and it will eventually find a better balance with the next CBA but in the meantime ain't nothing better than seeing players make it hard on owners and squeezing the dan gilberts of the world for everything they can get out of them
                      "you can't be playing checkers, on no chess board yoo!" - D'angelo

Comment

Bosh may still be the best PF (for now) that the Raptors have ever had, but he certainly wasn't Mr. Toronto the same way that Derozan was. There's a lot of former Raptors I respect more than Bosh.
                        Last edited by Ball; Tue Feb 12, 2019, 01:27 AM.

Comment

Ball wrote: View Post
                          Bosh may still be the best PF (for now) that the Raptors have ever had, but he certainly wasn't Mr. Toronto the same way the Derozan was. There's a lot of former Raptors I respect more than Bosh.
                          Vince, although he quit at the end, actually tried to be active in recruiting and the process. I think he was very involved with getting the right coach and GM, but obviously we went with Smitch and Rob Babcock at the end.

Comment

"We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

What brand of idiot would stay on a poorly run Raptors team in 2010 when he could join LeBron and D-Wade in South Beach?

Like some of you guys need to stop being fucking hypocrites. Yeah I'm sure all of you would take some no-name IT job in Markham over a Google job in Silicon Valley. Stop.

Comment

Working...
                              X