Likes Likes:  36
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Chris bosh on Toronto & 2010 free agency

Raptors Republic Rookie buckets's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Chris bosh on Toronto & 2010 free agency

Chris Bosh was on the bill simmons podcast discussing the "player empowerment" era and his thoughts on Toronto and 2010 free agency came up. I've heard him talk about it before but never with this much detail.

Wondering how you guys feel about how he handled his decision almost 10 years later as opposed to how players like Anthony Davis and Kyrie are handling it now.

Also, I know bosh has been welcomed back but he still doesn't paint Toronto in the best light with these comments. Thoughts?

Recap:
    -Gave up hope in Toronto after John Salmons bailed on us in free agency
    -playing in Toronto is a handicap
    -complains about customs wait times. Said he did the math and its 26 hours per season
    -Miami flew players around on private jet, asked for this in Toronto but they said no
    -Never considered asking for a trade but ran out of gas in 09/10 season

https://art19.com/shows/the-bill-sim...1-057137789e57

(time stamp: 7:12)

Raptors Republic Rookie meductic's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

There were just a whole lot of guys devastated they got traded and now have to move from Toronto. Derozan still hasn’t gotten over it. One of Porzingas’ preferred destinations. Ask Jonas how he feels about leaving. My feeling? You can’t please everyone, Chris Bosh just never knew when to shut up, and people in Toronto like you have to get a thicker skin. Also, I thought it would be a lot more than 26 hours at customs. Over an entire year... not bad. File it under “who cares”.
    Last edited by meductic; Mon Feb 11th, 2019 at 08:44 PM.

Raptors Republic Veteran planetmars's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I'd want to leave too if Bryan Colangelo was my GM/President. That guy was awful

Raptors Republic Superstar JawsGT's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I think, if anything, that bosh is clearly a diva.

5. Likes Ball, KeonClark, Mack North liked this post
    Raptors Republic Superstar Raptor Jesus's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Bosh was always this guy, he just smiled and cashed cheques. The whole time counting the hours till Bron scooped him up, carried him over the border and to a championship.

Forget this guy ever existed.

7. Likes Ball liked this post
    Raptors Republic Superstar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

"player empowerment"?

It reads like a bad prequel to the treatise "how to devolve into a selfish pampered athlete"

Methinks the pendulum has swung too far ....

Raptors Republic Veteran Zainab's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

this guy is a tool, why is he even relevant anymore =/

10. Likes meductic liked this post
    Raptors Republic All-Star Truth Teller's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I think you guys are being a bit harsh.

12. Likes Shaolin Fantastic liked this post
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote buckets wrote: View Post
    Chris Bosh was on the bill simmons podcast discussing the "player empowerment" era and his thoughts on Toronto and 2010 free agency came up. I've heard him talk about it before but never with this much detail.

Wondering how you guys feel about how he handled his decision almost 10 years later as opposed to how players like Anthony Davis and Kyrie are handling it now.

Also, I know bosh has been welcomed back but he still doesn't paint Toronto in the best light with these comments. Thoughts?

Recap:
    -Gave up hope in Toronto after John Salmons bailed on us in free agency
    -playing in Toronto is a handicap
    -complains about customs wait times. Said he did the math and its 26 hours per season
    -Miami flew players around on private jet, asked for this in Toronto but they said no
    -Never considered asking for a trade but ran out of gas in 09/10 season

https://art19.com/shows/the-bill-sim...1-057137789e57

(time stamp: 7:12)
    a) I think all guys have nexus now... no dealing with custom agents anymore
    b) playing in Toronto can be a handicap at times yes
    c) dont all teams have private jets now? I know Toronto does there jet flies out of chartwright or something which is across from airport strip club on derry rd in mississauga lol

overall yes the team was going nowhere so dont disagree with him leaving... but raptors today are different. yes some guys dont want to come here but others do... bosh played in a different era of toronto basketball...

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote sanyo wrote: View Post
    a) I think all guys have nexus now... no dealing with custom agents anymore
    b) playing in Toronto can be a handicap at times yes
    c) dont all teams have private jets now? I know Toronto does there jet flies out of chartwright or something which is across from airport strip club on derry rd in mississauga lol

overall yes the team was going nowhere so dont disagree with him leaving... but raptors today are different. yes some guys dont want to come here but others do... bosh played in a different era of toronto basketball...
    Let me get this straight ... Bosh during the podcast says you can't win in Toronto .. Complaining again about his time in Toronto ... The guy is saying this crap after witnessing Toronto making the playoffs for how many straight years and a conference best record as soon as last year .. Heck he is saying this while the Raptors are currently 42-16 ... Seriously your still bitching about playing in Toronto .. This city's fan base made you a starting PF by voting you in the allstar game .

At least he said the truth ... Garnett owned him ... Garnett made him look so small ... Bosh if drafted in the West how many all stars would he have been part of ? He would be how we look at LaMarcus Aldridge .

Raptors Republic Rookie buckets's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

ya its not about being sensitive about chris bosh's antiquated opinion. I just thought it was odd timing given how much has changed in the Masai/Lieweke era.

And as far as "player empowerment", yes the proverbial pendulum has prolly swung too far and it will eventually find a better balance with the next CBA but in the meantime ain't nothing better than seeing players make it hard on owners and squeezing the dan gilberts of the world for everything they can get out of them
    "you can't be playing checkers, on no chess board yoo!" - D'angelo

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Bosh may still be the best PF (for now) that the Raptors have ever had, but he certainly wasn't Mr. Toronto the same way that Derozan was. There's a lot of former Raptors I respect more than Bosh.
    Last edited by Ball; Tue Feb 12th, 2019 at 01:27 AM.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Ball wrote: View Post
    Bosh may still be the best PF (for now) that the Raptors have ever had, but he certainly wasn't Mr. Toronto the same way the Derozan was. There's a lot of former Raptors I respect more than Bosh.
    Vince, although he quit at the end, actually tried to be active in recruiting and the process. I think he was very involved with getting the right coach and GM, but obviously we went with Smitch and Rob Babcock at the end.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

"We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

19. Likes KeonClark liked this post
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

What brand of idiot would stay on a poorly run Raptors team in 2010 when he could join LeBron and D-Wade in South Beach?

Like some of you guys need to stop being fucking hypocrites. Yeah I'm sure all of you would take some no-name IT job in Markham over a Google job in Silicon Valley. Stop.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Man Americans are too spoiled. Boohoo, custom waiting times.

22. Likes KeonClark liked this post
    Raptors Republic Superstar Raptor Jesus's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

AD gave the Pelicans options. By saying he's not signing they get the chance to get something back. Even the trade request got them conversations from anybody interested. If nothing else they have a better understanding of his market.

If Bosh knew he was done like Bill alludes to, then he honored his contract and sucked all value out him as an asset. Give me AD's upfront demands over that.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer KeonClark's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote rocwell wrote: View Post
    Man Americans are too spoiled. Boohoo, custom waiting times.
    That makes me laugh especially. "I did the math...it was..26 HOURS!!"..I mean, if the average person added 5 minutes to and from work a day, they would add 40 hours a year to their commute. Gimme a fucking break
    It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

25. Likes S.R., DrOctagon liked this post
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote guyroch wrote: View Post
    Let me get this straight ... Bosh during the podcast says you can't win in Toronto .. Complaining again about his time in Toronto ... The guy is saying this crap after witnessing Toronto making the playoffs for how many straight years and a conference best record as soon as last year .. Heck he is saying this while the Raptors are currently 42-16 ... Seriously your still bitching about playing in Toronto .. This city's fan base made you a starting PF by voting you in the allstar game .

At least he said the truth ... Garnett owned him ... Garnett made him look so small ... Bosh if drafted in the West how many all stars would he have been part of ? He would be how we look at LaMarcus Aldridge .
    Chill... he was better than LA. Way better. CB played in the wrong era, he is the best type of big for the game today.

Raptors Republic Veteran JimiCliff's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote guyroch wrote: View Post

It was a pretty ignorant pov. It's like he's had his head in the sand for the past five years.

A lot of these established NBA players are weirdly disrespectful towards Masai.
    "Stop eating your sushi."
    "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
    "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
    - Jack Armstrong

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information