Likes Likes:  36
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 87

Thread: Chris bosh on Toronto & 2010 free agency

  1. #21
    Raptors Republic Veteran S.R.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    6,223
    Likes (Given)
    3394
    Likes (Received)
    4330

    Default

    Quote KeonClark wrote: View Post
    That makes me laugh especially. "I did the math...it was..26 HOURS!!"..I mean, if the average person added 5 minutes to and from work a day, they would add 40 hours a year to their commute. Gimme a fucking break
    Customs sure, but what about miles travelled? Miaimi is top third in the league and Toronto is bottom third (far more teams clustered together in the NE than anywhere else):






    You'd also have to calculate in travel time from your airport to the arena/home in your city. There's huge differences city to city. Imagine you had an extra 40 minutes, each way, for every flight in one city vs another? That's an extra 54.6 hours for 41 road games, just getting to/from the airport in your own city.
    "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

  2. Likes c-troop liked this post
  3. #22
    Raptors Republic Superstar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    4,328
    Likes (Given)
    52
    Likes (Received)
    270

    Default

    Quote S.R. wrote: View Post
    Customs sure, but what about miles travelled? Miaimi is top third in the league and Toronto is bottom third (far more teams clustered together in the NE than anywhere else):






    You'd also have to calculate in travel time from your airport to the arena/home in your city. There's huge differences city to city. Imagine you had an extra 40 minutes, each way, for every flight in one city vs another? That's an extra 54.6 hours for 41 road games, just getting to/from the airport in your own city.
    How did the Lakers travel less than the Clippers? Im guessing routes when they were out east or something...

  4. #23
    Raptors Republic Veteran S.R.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    6,223
    Likes (Given)
    3394
    Likes (Received)
    4330

    Default

    Quote sanyo wrote: View Post
    How did the Lakers travel less than the Clippers? Im guessing routes when they were out east or something...
    Yeah you would have to look at the schedule. My guess - something as simple as the Lakers having longer road trips (more games per trip) and Clippers having more individual road trips with fewer games on each trip - that would add up the miles pretty quick.

    Or maybe just routes.
    "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

  5. #24
    Raptors Republic Starter c-troop's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    805
    Likes (Given)
    429
    Likes (Received)
    83

    Default

    what is the point of divisions in NBA basketball?

  6. #25
    Raptors Republic Starter Yuri Gagarin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    489
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    95

    Default

    Bosh is a dork who cares

  7. #26
    Raptors Republic Superstar Raptor Jesus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    2,791
    Likes (Given)
    666
    Likes (Received)
    321

    Default

    Quote c-troop wrote: View Post
    what is the point of divisions in NBA basketball?
    Keeping divisional banner suppliers in business.

  8. Likes c-troop liked this post
  9. #27
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    1,085
    Likes (Given)
    2
    Likes (Received)
    131

    Default

    Quote Truth Teller wrote: View Post
    Chill... he was better than LA. Way better. CB played in the wrong era, he is the best type of big for the game today.
    I am not saying he is trash but saying his resume was glorified by playing in the EAST

  10. #28
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer KeonClark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    16,535
    Likes (Given)
    4386
    Likes (Received)
    7587

    Default

    Quote Truth Teller wrote: View Post
    Chill... he was better than LA. Way better. CB played in the wrong era, he is the best type of big for the game today.
    Actually hes pretty comparable to Aldridge. They have almost identical career #'s, 19.5 and 8.5 reb
    It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

  11. #29
    Raptors Republic All-Star Truth Teller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    1,655
    Likes (Given)
    13
    Likes (Received)
    174

    Default

    Quote KeonClark wrote: View Post
    Actually hes pretty comparable to Aldridge. They have almost identical career #'s, 19.5 and 8.5 reb
    I like numbers, but I can manipulate numbers to make JV look better than Gasol on paper. Also what about the efficiency and defense?

  12. #30
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    1,085
    Likes (Given)
    2
    Likes (Received)
    131

    Default

    Quote Truth Teller wrote: View Post
    Vince, although he quit at the end, actually tried to be active in recruiting and the process. I think he was very involved with getting the right coach and GM, but obviously we went with Smitch and Rob Babcock at the end.
    Vince when being interviewed in the present is very nostalgic about his days in Toronto and always talks about Toronto gloyingly ( hope that is a word ) . Holly Crap Bosh is still bitching ...

    I am sorry but there is something fake about Bosh in his stint in T.O . I think he did con us to think he might resign but during the interview he did say that his mind was to leave was made a long time ago . I will always remember when he reached his 10,0000 point mark and was given a standing ovation and he just ignored it .

    Saying all that . He was drafted by T.O and so we choose him he didn't choose us . You can't blame a guy for playing out his contract and then choosing to leave . He did sign a short term deal . Unlike AD who wanted the money the long term that comes with the money but now wants to leave a year and 1/2 before his contract ends

  13. #31
    Raptors Republic Veteran slaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    6,362
    Likes (Given)
    396
    Likes (Received)
    2576

    Default

    Whenever I see a Chris Bosh/Toronto story two things pop into my mind.

    First is: Why does Toronto care? Not everyone likes you Toronto. It's okay. You don't need constant emotional validation.

    The second is: why is he still trying to constantly justify in the press his decision a decade ago? He left cause the organization wasn't run very well and he couldn't win here. End of story. All of this other bullshit (26 hours in customs!!!!) sounds to me like he has some regrets about how he made his decision and he's constantly trying to convince himself he did the right thing. Even this whole podcast: Bosh's decision had literally nothing to do with any 'player empowerment' movement. He was a free agent. He left. He wasn't any sort of trailblazer for anything.

    I wonder if a part of Bosh looks at Derozan and even Lowry and sees how beloved they are in Toronto, and how they had more success there than him, and sees his own world where he is pretty much the forgotten third wheel of Lebron and Wade. That has to bother him.
    Last edited by slaw; Tue Feb 12th, 2019 at 01:16 PM.

  14. Likes JawsGT liked this post
  15. #32
    Raptors Republic Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    9,692
    Likes (Given)
    1042
    Likes (Received)
    3817

    Default

    Quote slaw wrote: View Post
    Whenever I see a Chris Bosh/Toronto story two things pop into my mind.

    First is: Why does Toronto care? Not everyone likes you Toronto. It's okay. You don't need constant emotional validation.

    The second is: why is he still trying to constantly justify in the press his decision a decade ago? He left cause the organization wasn't run very well and he couldn't win here. End of story. All of this other bullshit (26 hours in customs!!!!) sounds to me like he has some regrets about how he made his decision and he's constantly trying to convince himself he did the right thing. Even this whole podcast: Bosh's decision had literally nothing to do with any 'player empowerment' movement. He was a free agent. He left. He wasn't any sort of trailblazer for anything.

    I wonder if a part of Bosh looks at Derozan and even Lowry and sees how beloved they are in Toronto, and how they had more success there than him, and sees his own world where he is pretty much the forgotten third way of Lebron and Wade. That has to bother him.
    It is kind of a relevant topic, with Simmons trying to draw parallels between Bosh's Raptor free agency with Anthony Davis, but they missed the real story. The linkage is clear: Lebron tampering with an all-star free agent PF scheming to team up in warm destination. Bosh pretty much confirmed that, without saying it directly and was apparently the hush-hush reason why we got our first round pick back from Miami as compensation. Lebron's scheming was covert back in 2010, but he's gotten bolder, smarter and more powerful as the years have gone by... aka Player Empowerment.

  16. #33
    Raptors Republic Rookie buckets's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    108
    Likes (Given)
    89
    Likes (Received)
    19

    Default

    Quote golden wrote: View Post
    It is kind of a relevant topic, with Simmons trying to draw parallels between Bosh's Raptor free agency with Anthony Davis, but they missed the real story. The linkage is clear: Lebron tampering with an all-star free agent PF scheming to team up in warm destination. Bosh pretty much confirmed that, without saying it directly and was apparently the hush-hush reason why we got our first round pick back from Miami as compensation. Lebron's scheming was covert back in 2010, but he's gotten bolder, smarter and more powerful as the years have gone by... aka Player Empowerment.
    hmm never made the the Lebron tampering connection in 2010 connection and whats going on now with Anthony Davis and Kyrie Irving.

    Adam Silver has to show some testicular fortitude here and not let Lebron/Klutch sports walk all over the league. But maaan the next CBA negotiations are gonna be insane
    "you can't be playing checkers, on no chess board yoo!" - D'angelo

  17. #34
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer KeonClark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    16,535
    Likes (Given)
    4386
    Likes (Received)
    7587

    Default

    It's a fuzzy grey area between "lebron is tampering" and "stars want to play with lebron"...I mean his teams always go to the finals and hes arguably the best around at making others better...its tough to pin point fault in players being attracted to his team
    It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

  18. #35
    Raptors Republic Superstar The Claw Reborn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    4,063
    Likes (Given)
    118
    Likes (Received)
    230

    Default

    Chris Bosh confirmed on Bill Simmons’ podcast that he'll no longer pursue an NBA comeback. Heat will lock in the last of their insurance payout at the end of this season, though they’ll keep paying him a gross amount of $434,393 twice a month until Nov. 1, 2022.
    Wow. Damn he can buy an Aventador Lambo every month til 2022 and still money for maintenance and gas

  19. #36
    Raptors Republic Superstar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    3,466
    Likes (Given)
    48
    Likes (Received)
    476

    Default

    Quote KeonClark wrote: View Post
    It's a fuzzy grey area between "lebron is tampering" and "stars want to play with lebron"...I mean his teams always go to the finals and hes arguably the best around at making others better...its tough to pin point fault in players being attracted to his team
    The players wanting to play with him has never been the issue. They're free to go wherever they want to in FA.

    It's the colluding ahead of time, the public statements while they're still under contract to another team, players pretty much demanding to be traded with a year and a half on their deals. I respected him more going back to Cleveland than I ever did in going to Miami. lebron is now a douche to all small market teams particularly.

  20. #37
    Raptors Republic All-Star Truth Teller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    1,655
    Likes (Given)
    13
    Likes (Received)
    174

    Default

    Quote buckets wrote: View Post
    hmm never made the the Lebron tampering connection in 2010 connection and whats going on now with Anthony Davis and Kyrie Irving.

    Adam Silver has to show some testicular fortitude here and not let Lebron/Klutch sports walk all over the league. But maaan the next CBA negotiations are gonna be insane
    Hes not going to do anything because its Lebron's league for the next 3 years. Next CBA negotiations is going to be where the players show what they're made of. The NBA has never been richer and popular than now. Players are about to hit the jackpot, where yearly salaries are insane.

  21. #38
    Raptors Republic Veteran S.R.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    6,223
    Likes (Given)
    3394
    Likes (Received)
    4330

    Default

    Honestly a lot of Bosh's Toronto comments in that pod had more to do with the fact that the Raptors were trying to build a team around Chris Bosh than the Raptors organization/legacy/Toronto. Yes, John Salmons wouldn't even play in Toronto - while Bosh was here. Much better players than John Salmons have been happy to play here in other Raptors eras. I'm a bit surprised Bosh didn't take that more personally instead of just blaming the city.

  22. #39
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer KeonClark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    16,535
    Likes (Given)
    4386
    Likes (Received)
    7587

    Default

    Quote S.R. wrote: View Post
    Honestly a lot of Bosh's Toronto comments in that pod had more to do with the fact that the Raptors were trying to build a team around Chris Bosh than the Raptors organization/legacy/Toronto. Yes, John Salmons wouldn't even play in Toronto - while Bosh was here. Much better players than John Salmons have been happy to play here in other Raptors eras. I'm a bit surprised Bosh didn't take that more personally instead of just blaming the city.
    That's because he was a star, without the 'super' or the capital S, similar to a Lamarcus Aldridge. Would you trip over yourself to join Lamarcus Aldridge on a .500 team where it is cold and they've never really won much?
    It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

  23. #40
    Raptors Republic Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    9,692
    Likes (Given)
    1042
    Likes (Received)
    3817

    Default

    Quote S.R. wrote: View Post
    Honestly a lot of Bosh's Toronto comments in that pod had more to do with the fact that the Raptors were trying to build a team around Chris Bosh than the Raptors organization/legacy/Toronto. Yes, John Salmons wouldn't even play in Toronto - while Bosh was here. Much better players than John Salmons have been happy to play here in other Raptors eras. I'm a bit surprised Bosh didn't take that more personally instead of just blaming the city.
    That was Bosh's point, though. Toronto's only options to get better players here is by internal development or trade. The top FAs won't sign here. His example was that Colangelo couldn't even recruit a free agent as lowly as John freakin' Salmons to play in Toronto. He never says the word "lowly", but you could just hear the smirk when Bosh mentions "Johnny" Salmons name. lol. He was right.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •