Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Truth Teller wrote: View Post
    Pelicans showed some girth.
    Yeah I hope Dell keeps him. That would be amazing.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
      Yeah I hope Dell keeps him. That would be amazing.
      The NO situation is really interesting. The public manipulation by Davis/Paul was so brazen. Lebron's meddling so obvious. The Pels may have actually refused to acquiesce and been toying with LA/Lebron/Davis the whole pre-trade deadline, some reports are they were never serious about the offers. They refuse to trade him on his timeline or to his intended destination. Fine, sit on your ass and wait until the team decides what to do in the summer. Then the NBA gets involved - we can't sell $200 tickets to fans with healthy star players sitting on the bench. So NO has to play Davis. How bad is this shitshow going to get:

"We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

S.R. wrote: View Post
        The NO situation is really interesting. The public manipulation by Davis/Paul was so brazen. Lebron's meddling so obvious. The Pels may have actually refused to acquiesce and been toying with LA/Lebron/Davis the whole pre-trade deadline, some reports are they were never serious about the offers. They refuse to trade him on his timeline or to his intended destination. Fine, sit on your ass and wait until the team decides what to do in the summer. Then the NBA gets involved - we can't sell $200 tickets to fans with healthy star players sitting on the bench. So NO has to play Davis. How bad is this shitshow going to get:

He went 1 of 9 for 2 points last game as they lost by 30 to the magic. That's is an absolute joke to expect the people of new Orleans to buy tickets and expect eyeballs to tune into pelicans games.
        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
          He went 1 of 9 for 2 points last game as they lost by 30 to the magic. That's is an absolute joke to expect the people of new Orleans to buy tickets and expect eyeballs to tune into pelicans games.
          See, here's where this 'player empowerment' nonsense is a big problem. These guys make big money on guaranteed contracts, which is great. But the trade-off is that you have to sign a contract for x number of years. Once you are a free agent, then do whatever you want but playing with the team that has you under contract and not forcing your way out was part of the consideration for your giant contract. If, as a player, you want the flexibility to move on your own terms once you reach a certain status then you should sign 1-year deals every year. SO why don't these guys do that? Ah, the money and security. So, fine, but there's a trade-off.

If this AD/Kawhi stuff is going to be the new norm then we're going to see non-guaranteed contracts. The players can't have it both ways on this one. The owners have a lot of issues of their own and I'm generally sympathetic to players but this is all bad for the league and it breaks down one of the key exchanges between owners/players.

Comment

Going back to CB4 for a bit... the sad part is that no one wants to break the news to him that it wasn't Toronto... it was him. No one wants to be Chris Bosh's sidekick. This is coming from someone who was and still is a big fan of his game (hes the perfect modern center).

Comment

It really says a lot about T-Mac and Bosh when they talk about Toronto. It's so obvious that they're really bitter about their time here which I can't blame them for (ownership/management). On the other hand, their inability to see that things have changed so much as a Franchise makes them look so bad. Especially McGrady whose under contract with ESPN and is literally paid a salary to speak unfairly about the Raptors whenever they're mentioned. He's equally if not worse than Paul Pierce.

Here's a video from the Gasol reaction. The salty tone in his voice speaks volumes. The sad thing is I can post about 5 more videos of him with the same tone.

Comment

I feel that overall, the american media is frightened to death of the possibility of the raptors winning a championship. I'm not sure they are going to know what to do with themselves if we ever win it all. They are in general very dismissive of whats going on up here. Any other team in the league makes the moves the Raps have made since the offseason, and they are being hyped as contenders and potential GSW de-throners (is that a word?)

Comment

We've also choked. Alot.

Alot alot. 21 Sav Alot.

Comment

Beneperez wrote: View Post
                    It really says a lot about T-Mac and Bosh when they talk about Toronto. It's so obvious that they're really bitter about their time here which I can't blame them for (ownership/management). On the other hand, their inability to see that things have changed so much as a Franchise makes them look so bad. Especially McGrady whose under contract with ESPN and is literally paid a salary to speak unfairly about the Raptors whenever they're mentioned. He's equally if not worse than Paul Pierce.

Here's a video from the Gasol reaction. The salty tone in his voice speaks volumes. The sad thing is I can post about 5 more videos of him with the same tone.

What does McGrady know about winning? dude never got past out of the 1st round.
                    Mamba Mentality

Comment

The Great One wrote: View Post
                      Facts

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
                        Do you think AD could ever put up bogus stats to lower his trade value as a F(*& you to the Pels for not dealing him at the deadline?I don't think he would but you never know. 1 for 9 is pretty bad.

Comment

Shredder wrote: View Post
                          Do you think AD could ever put up bogus stats to lower his trade value as a F(*& you to the Pels for not dealing him at the deadline?I don't think he would but you never know. 1 for 9 is pretty bad.
                          The team Being forced to play is so awkard. He knows his management doesnt want him there. His teammates dont know how to feel..The morale has been completely slaughtered. Theres a dozen other guys in that room that were pushing for playoffs a couple months ago. Now their work environment is absolutely miserable because klutch sports decided to make a scene before the deadline
                          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

JawsGT wrote: View Post
                            I feel that overall, the american media is frightened to death of the possibility of the raptors winning a championship. I'm not sure they are going to know what to do with themselves if we ever win it all. They are in general very dismissive of whats going on up here. Any other team in the league makes the moves the Raps have made since the offseason, and they are being hyped as contenders and potential GSW de-throners (is that a word?)
                            +1.

I even hear them saying that maybe we might become the same old raptors and choke in the playoffs. I know we still have to prove we won't, but come on!

We have lowry and some young cats still on the team.

We've replaced everyone else with winners, vets, defensive players of the year (plural) and a coach that calls time outs when he should, rides the hot hand and can switch people from roles that are not set in stone.

We're not the same team. ESPN and TNT are scared of that. A Denver vs Toronto finals would be a disaster for ratings.

Comment

The Great One wrote: View Post
                              Well technically he got to the NBA finals when he played with San Antonio.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                                Well technically he got to the NBA finals when he played with San Antonio.
                                Come on man, that doesn't count. He was a bench warmer for them that year.
                                Mamba Mentality

Comment

Working...
                                X