Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LJ2 wrote: View Post
    Lowry, Siakam and a pick?
    Yeah.. Portland gets an expiring contract but a really good one (so they get one more kick at the can). A great young piece that can turn into a star, still on a rookie deal. And a FRP.

Lillard would be a good long term piece for us.. but losing Siakam to get him would make me really want to think hard about it.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
      Yeah.. Portland gets an expiring contract but a really good one (so they get one more kick at the can). A great young piece that can turn into a star, still on a rookie deal. And a FRP.

Lillard would be a good long term piece for us.. but losing Siakam to get him would make me really want to think hard about it.
      Could be wrong, but my impression is that Lillard is a bad defender. That's a killer in the playoffs at the PG position. And Lillard just got destroyed on both ends in the playoffs by Jrue Holiday, so if we're looking to upgrade from Lowry, there's that too.

Comment

I wonder how many fan bases would be talking so pesimistically if their team was a game back of the best record in the league. Remember the mantra...it’s going to be a wild ride, enjoy this season and then we can worry about next year next year.

Comment

LJ2 wrote: View Post
          Lowry, Siakam and a pick?
          Too much. I like Dame, but he hasn't shown us anything. I rather have CJ.

Comment

Jclaw wrote: View Post
            I wonder how many fan bases would be talking so pesimistically if their team was a game back of the best record in the league. Remember the mantra...it’s going to be a wild ride, enjoy this season and then we can worry about next year next year.
            Yeah this discussion ran on an awkwardly long time. We're tied for 2nd best odds to win the title and have a game tonight lol
            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Jclaw wrote: View Post
              Raptors fans tend to be insecure.. can't really blame them too much. We were trying while Philly and Boston were still supposed to be rebuilding and then the Bucks showed up from nowhere.

So it's hard to enjoy a good season when the weight of this pessimism eats at you.

We have a great team on paper and on the court. Loads of IQ. Great character guys. All are hungry for a win. And have a cupcake schedule to finish the year.

We should be happier than we are. In a year or two this could all easily just go away.

Comment

The Great One wrote: View Post
                If Kawhi sign somewhere else in the offseason it's going to be interesting to see if he misses this many reg season games. It's getting ridiculous. Dude doesn't play in back to backs(he's only 27), and he always seem to have some sort of a nagging injury.
                It's well past ridiculous. If his knee is sore he can play tonight and then take off an entire week until the Raps play again.

Comment

slaw wrote: View Post
                  It's well past ridiculous. If his knee is sore he can play tonight and then take off an entire week until the Raps play again.
                  This is what happens when you're in a league where one player determines your fate. He holds all the cards.

Comment

Truth Teller wrote: View Post
                    Too much. I like Dame, but he hasn't shown us anything. I rather have CJ.
                    Too much for a Raptors team that's poised to make a run at the finals, but if Kawhi leaves and you're looking for a center piece to build around? Lowry is what he is at this point and Siakam imo is a really good role player.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
                      No thanks! Take a chance of making the knee injury worse so he's no good in the playoffs, or miss a largely meaningless game against the freaking Wizards... Hmm. Such a tough decision...
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
                        He will have the stress of ASG too...lol. We need to sort out the rotation, etc so I pray to the BB gods he doesn't miss ANY games unless legit injury.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                          Raptors fans tend to be insecure.. can't really blame them too much. We were trying while Philly and Boston were still supposed to be rebuilding and then the Bucks showed up from nowhere.

So it's hard to enjoy a good season when the weight of this pessimism eats at you.

We have a great team on paper and on the court. Loads of IQ. Great character guys. All are hungry for a win. And have a cupcake schedule to finish the year.

We should be happier than we are. In a year or two this could all easily just go away.
                          It's not the fans. Like it or not, Masai put the edict out there and it's a championship or bust season - which means nobody is supposed to be happy just having a great regular season yet again. Yawn. With this team, specifically, I think fans are concerned because it looks dis-jointed so often, despite what appears to be superior talent, IQ & character. The execution can be way off, making us look like a low lottery team at times, and we really don't know if that problem is going to be ironed out in time for the playoffs. Gasol could be a key to that, which would confirm the fanbase's reason to have angst at where we are now, despite the superb regular season record.

We've seen this movie a few times before, so looking through the championship-or-bust lens, being not totally happy or satisifed where we are right now is a completely reasonable fan stance.

Comment

• I remember him feeling his knee and hobbling a bit after Allen fouled him last game. The injury seems valid to me. Best to take the day off and start his vacation early.

The hope is he plays limited minutes in the ASG. With Bucks being the coach, that's probably unlikely lol

Comment

• Starting Ibaka again. Washington going with most common line-up; Satoranski, Beal, Bryant, Green, Ariza. Our group has started slow the past 3 games. Expect the same? Devlin will blame the cold. Hey Matty-D, it's cold for both teams!

https://www.lineups.com/nba/lineups/washington-wizards

Comment

• I figure gasol will start first game after the break

Comment

Working...
                                X