No announcement yet.

Wiz @ Raps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Its been 5 years... yet some of us never learn: who cares about the regular season? Kawhi can rest as much as he wants. The regular season for good teams is about developing a narrative to get your fanbase excited (Developing young guys, Getting Gasol + Lin, etc.).

Kawhi only needs to show up healthy for the playoffs. IDC if he plays 1 game a month.

Comment

• Truth Teller wrote: View Post
      Its been 5 years... yet some of us never learn: who cares about the regular season? Kawhi can rest as much as he wants. The regular season for good teams is about developing a narrative to get your fanbase excited (Developing young guys, Getting Gasol + Lin, etc.).

Kawhi only needs to show up healthy for the playoffs. IDC if he plays 1 game a month.
      Read any game thread for the answer to that one. Except as soon as the playoffs start, the very same people: "Regular season don't mean shit!"
      If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• Truth Teller wrote: View Post
        Its been 5 years... yet some of us never learn: who cares about the regular season? Kawhi can rest as much as he wants. The regular season for good teams is about developing a narrative to get your fanbase excited (Developing young guys, Getting Gasol + Lin, etc.).

Nah I admit I care about the regular season. As a fan I want to be entertained. Sure I don't like playoff meltdowns and its a marathon not a sprint, but I don't appreciate being told none of these games matter. No other sport spends as much time talking about how little its regular season matters.

So yeah, random game in February doesn't matter in the giant scheme of things, but we don't need to constantly iterate how little it matters.

Comment

• Jeremy Lin will play tonight

Comment

• People forget its not just to get top spot in the east, but also have home court advantage in the finals... Gs, Denver, whomever it may be if they got the better record playing them on the road will be tough

Cant just take regular season so easy. Yes, rest guys when you need to, but all of it can come down to 7 games in June or even before that if MIL takes home court -- they have looked very good against us, we cannot take them lightly... now with Gasol lets see, but they killed us 3 of 4 games (and one of them Giannis did not play).

Comment

• Mitchell Duong wrote: View Post
              Nah I admit I care about the regular season. As a fan I want to be entertained. Sure I don't like playoff meltdowns and its a marathon not a sprint, but I don't appreciate being told none of these games matter. No other sport spends as much time talking about how little its regular season matters.

So yeah, random game in February doesn't matter in the giant scheme of things, but we don't need to constantly iterate how little it matters.
              Everybody cares about the regular season whether they admit it or not. It's part of the whole show. Nobody remembers who lost in the 3rd round of 2014..but everybody will always remember the bulls won 72 then the warriors won 73. Or oscar then russ averaged a triple double. Or when Kobe scored 81, or when they brawled at the palace, or that time Carmelo jab stepped into a long 2.

The nba finals is the culmination of 8 months (now 12 months) of events that very much matter to fans
              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• I'll also add that I don't think that last season's disasterous end had anything to do with not enough load management. The bench mob got the starters minutes down all season. Lowry was the freshest he looked at the end of the season. They just got schemed and folded.

I'm all for not grinding Kawhi or Lowry into paste just to win games, but I'm not going to say that I like missing 20 games a year to rest either.

Comment

• Glad Lin is playing or we'd have to play Lowry all game long.

Comment

• Lin, Powell, Gasol & Boucher is our bench. That could be wildly entertaining.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                      Lin, Powell, Gasol & Boucher is our bench. That could be wildly entertaining.
                      Loyd as well

Comment

• Wheres malcolm Miller i thought we signed that dude
                        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                          Loyd as well
                          Loyd was deliberately left off that list. lol.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                            Lin, Powell, Gasol & Boucher is our bench. That could be wildly entertaining.
                            Don’t forget young Ogugua

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                              Wheres malcolm Miller i thought we signed that dude
                              He'll be playing for the 905

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post
                                Don’t forget young Ogugua
                                Will probably start I'm guessing.

Comment

Working...
                                X