Spurs @ Raps, 2/22/19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shredder wrote: View Post
    I think the big difference is that the baseball and hockey kids are still able to get paid. Not a ton, but paid.

I think it would be cool if you could draft a kid out of high school, but then that kid could go on to play college, or the G-League until they were ready. Give the kid a signing bonus but the rest when they actually start playing in the league. (Hockey and Baseball do it similar to this way and I'm not sure how they work around the NCAA and football and basketball can't.
    Also different is how much money NCAA football and basketball are bringing in. 1 billion NCAA revenue just for last year's Final Four tournament. A billion dollars revenue. For one tournament in one sport. Becomes more and more egregious that the players get such a small slice while coaches/admin become actual millionaires.

In my opinion it becomes more wrong as the revenue keeps shooting up. Junior hockey etc. is not dealing with cutting players out of this level of money.
    "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
      Everybody is up in arms about college players not getting paid in NFL or NBA, but where is the outrage for hockey juniors or baseball guys? Everybody is apprenticing to be a future millionaire. Sure I understand they generate huge revenue, but has their become an alarming trend of guys losing out on money because of a year in college? I think not.
      Waste of time and resources from schools. Also injuries could destroy their career.

Comment

• Amateur status is a joke and is at the heart of the issue.

Taking a sandwich and listening to professional advice should not compromise the integrity of collegiate sport.

Comment

• omg this thread has derailed leaps and bounds

Comment

• celtics and bucks blow, who could be afraid of these bums

Comment

• Raptor Jesus wrote: View Post
              celtics and bucks blow, who could be afraid of these bums
              interesting to watch celtics defensive strategy on Giannis. working pretty well
              To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• Zainab wrote: View Post
                omg this thread has derailed leaps and bounds
                I thought this thread was about asking if it was Game Day yet?

Comment

• Tomorrow 7:00 pm early start to game.Let’s go.

Comment

• Irving seems like a dude players would hate to play with. he just try to dribble around his defender get stuck passes to someone else. Tatum etc feel like they have too shoot when they touch the ball cause they don't know when the next time they will see it. if passes to horford he dumps it back to kyrie. passes to anyone else they shooting

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                      Considering how Aldridge kicked Ibaka's butt up and down the court last time we played them, that opportunity might be this game.
                      Agreed. And it's not the first time. Serge consistently gets dominated by Aldridge so if Nurse doesn't start Marc tomorrow that's definitely not a good sign.
                      I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
                        Irving seems like a dude players would hate to play with. he just try to dribble around his defender get stuck passes to someone else. Tatum etc feel like they have too shoot when they touch the ball cause they don't know when the next time they will see it. if passes to horford he dumps it back to kyrie. passes to anyone else they shooting
                        Those things dont matter. Its all about ppg
                        Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Raptor Jesus wrote: View Post
                          celtics and bucks blow, who could be afraid of these bums
                          Both teams came out trying to make the Raptors over confident, hoping to catch them by surprise in their next match up. Not going to work.

Comment

• elsewhere serge had the Gasol brothers over to cook for them. should be a good how hungry are you

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
                              elsewhere serge had the Gasol brothers over to cook for them. should be a good how hungry are you
                              How hungry are you is the opposite of go daddy. Good to associate with ibakas hit tv show
                              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• “Some stay the same, Most change, Others fold on you.”

Demar this evening in his signature tiny text, set against a discomforting all black field on his Instagram story.

Glad to see he’s moving forward...

Comment

Working...
                                X