Spurs @ Raps, 2/22/19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post

How will we make it through until Friday?

I loved watching Keon back in the day.

My takeaways from these are:

a) Keon was nasty (...already knew that.)

b) the graininess of the videos makes me feel like I'm 100 years old.

c) at least in his legs, Keon was Boucher-level skinny. He had some serious upper body strength though.
    Keon Clark: the most underrated in-game dunker in NBA history, and it's not close.
    "Stop eating your sushi."
    "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
    "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
    - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• Please help me get through the next 35.5 hours.

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
        Keon Clark: the most underrated in-game dunker in NBA history, and it's not close.
        Incredible he was drunk most of the time as well.

Comment

• This week seems like a really long week even though most of us had Monday off. At least we get some NBA tonight. Might catch that Celtics/Bucks game... should be fun.

Comment

• I never really watch post-practice interviews but there hasn't been a game in a while so I just saw this one with Nurse - He said he ran a chunk of the practice with Siakam-Ibaka-Gasol on the same lineup. Reporter asked what he thought of if, and Nurse said "I don't really wanna share that with you, because I'm not sure it's a good idea to share that right now, but maybe in a little while we will". Said it with a broad smile and twinkle in the eye though.

The Siakam-Ibaka-Gasol trio probably killed it in practice on both ends of the floor. The length of that lineup, especially if they have Leonard at the 2, is absurd. I don't think this is how they would start but we night see that here and there based on what Nurse said.

Comment

• inthepaint wrote: View Post
              I never really watch post-practice interviews but there hasn't been a game in a while so I just saw this one with Nurse - He said he ran a chunk of the practice with Siakam-Ibaka-Gasol on the same lineup. Reporter asked what he thought of if, and Nurse said "I don't really wanna share that with you, because I'm not sure it's a good idea to share that right now, but maybe in a little while we will". Said it with a broad smile and twinkle in the eye though.

The Siakam-Ibaka-Gasol trio probably killed it in practice on both ends of the floor. The length of that lineup, especially if they have Leonard at the 2, is absurd. I don't think this is how they would start but we night see that here and there based on what Nurse said.
              Well, the playoff rotation will likely be quite tight. Lowry/Green/Lin/FVV at the guard spots and Gasol/Ibaka/Sialam/Leonard at the forward spots. Powell maybe getting some spot minutes here and there with OG. I think one of the results of that will be the big front court, especially since I imagine Nurse is going to want to keep at least two of Leonard/Lowry/Siakam/Gasol on the floor at all times.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
                Well, the playoff rotation will likely be quite tight. Lowry/Green/Lin/FVV at the guard spots and Gasol/Ibaka/Sialam/Leonard at the forward spots. Powell maybe getting some spot minutes here and there with OG. I think one of the results of that will be the big front court, especially since I imagine Nurse is going to want to keep at least two of Leonard/Lowry/Siakam/Gasol on the floor at all times.
                I don't like that OG is not firmly in the rotation at this point, we saw last game how great he can be in the proper role and with guys like Kawhi and Siakam on the court with him. But he just hasn't had a season that demands minutes from the coach, so I get it - just wish it were different.

Maybe he continues to crank it up in the opportunities given down the stretch.
                "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                  I don't like that OG is not firmly in the rotation at this point, we saw last game how great he can be in the proper role and with guys like Kawhi and Siakam on the court with him. But he just hasn't had a season that demands minutes from the coach, so I get it - just wish it were different.

OG should be getting some of the FVV treatment, i.e., surround him with better offensive players like last year. He's a 4th option at best, whereas he's become a 2nd or 3rd option off the bench and is trying stuff he can't do at all (like drive & kick, or Pascal's spin moves in the lane).

Comment

• Wait, gameday isn't today? Good lord, what is this hell?

Comment

• octothorp wrote: View Post
                      Wait, gameday isn't today? Good lord, what is this hell?
                      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post

Tough to get uneven time and still play at a high level from the jump, but that is the mindset OG is going to have to develop. Delon seemed to be getting a handle on it. OG can be a big asset if Nurse can call on him to deliver high energy "D" with a different look and provide another 3pt shooter who cuts into the paint. Other teams aren't going to be spending a lot of time game planning for him. He needs to watch a ton of video to find out where his baskets come from and replicate that when he can.

Playing time will come if he can be effective, it goes without saying.

His play has been pretty uneven, so I don't think Nurse has a high level of trust in him yet.

Comment

• Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
                              Nurse is biding his time until a team with a big starting C comes along so he has an excuse to start Gasol and he continues to start moving forward.
                              Considering how Aldridge kicked Ibaka's butt up and down the court last time we played them, that opportunity might be this game.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                                Lay off the booze, boozer
                                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Working...
                                X