Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post
    “Some stay the same, Most change, Others fold on you.”

Demar this evening in his signature tiny text, set against a discomforting all black field on his Instagram story.

Glad to see he’s moving forward...

Glad to see we're moving forward too

This is why social media is so unhealthy. Checking your ex's instagram to find something to get upset about is not good for you.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
      Glad to see we're moving forward too

This is why social media is so unhealthy. Checking your ex's instagram to find something to get upset about is not good for you.
      I'm not upset. Just think it's interesting.

Definitely don't mean to post it as gossip, though I recognize it could be taken that way. He posts it on social media so he obviously wants to express it. Just interesting and rare to see an athlete this openly sensitive.

I recognize that athletes post their gripes all the time on social media. Some, like Durant, come off as whiny jerks.. others like maybe Isaiah Thomas after his unceremonious exit from Boston elicit much more sympathy. Just something unique about Demar. Obviously tied to his depression which he's been very forthcoming about.

I harbour zero ill-will towards him. I was as big a fan of him as most anybody here. Sometimes I worry that his continued (slightly veiled? .. not really) Masai bashing could leave a bad impression on Kawhi and make him think harder about returning here, which bothers me. (Thankfully, Kawhi's smart and isn't on social media at all.) Part of me longs for the time though when Demar's able to feel like it's in the past and everybody can have respect for one another, recognizing it's a business, and a business based on winning. But this is what makes Demar Demar, and I got nothing but love for him. (and i realize we've been through this over and over here on the boards. Not intending to reopen the debate.)

I really and truly look forward to him getting the largest ovation in Raptors history tomorrow and hopefully in time, wounds will heal further. (I know in his press conference tonight he said something about time healing wounds. His words on his personal platform to me though reveal the hurt/resentment that he's still really feeling.)

But yeah, huge ovation for DD tomorrow will be amazing. And hopefully Raps can get an even huger ovation once we reach the spring and beyond.
      Last edited by GOLDBLUM; Fri Feb 22, 2019, 03:12 AM.

Comment

• Game Day?

Comment

• YES, Game Day!
          FINALLY!

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post
            YES, Game Day!
            FINALLY!
            'Bout time, too!
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Comment

• Scott Foster strikes again:
                "Scott Foster, man. I never really talk about officiating or anything like that, but just rude and arrogant," said Harden, who finished with 30 points to extend his streak of 30-point performances to 32 games, the second longest in NBA history. "I mean, you aren't able to talk to him throughout the course of the game, and it's like, how do you build that relationship with officials? And it's not even that call [on the sixth foul]. It's just who he is on that floor.

"It's pretty frustrating. And I'm probably going to get hit [with a fine], but honestly, I don't really say anything. I'm a pretty quiet guy, to myself, but it's one of those things where you can't voice your opinion. You can't have a conversation with someone that's officiating the game. You're getting a tech. It's pretty sad."

This marks the second consecutive season that a Rockets star has publicly called out Foster, a 25-year NBA veteran who was voted as the league's worst referee in a 2016 poll of players and coaches conducted by the Los Angeles Times.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2...-rockets-games

Comment

• Common theme during last nights games was that all teams looked a little bit off.

Think thats going to be the case again tonight as the Raps shake off 10 days of no games save for Kyle and Kawhi who went to the ASG.

Its better to have the initial game after a long layoff at home rather than on the road....4 of the 5 home teams won last night...

Keep the streak going ... Raps W in Demars homecoming game.. I hope the ovation lasts for a couple minutes at least.

and if James Harden was pissed at Scott Foster.... Look who is coming back to the ACC tonite
                  San Antonio @ Toronto Marc Davis (#8) Tony Brown (#6) Eric Dalen (#37)
                  There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                  - TGO

Comment

• The Rockets will find they have zero sympathy from around the league as they whine about not getting calls.
                    "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Just found out that the game is at 7:00 not 7:30. Good thing I checked or I would have missed the first quarter.

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                        Common theme during last nights games was that all teams looked a little bit off.

Think thats going to be the case again tonight as the Raps shake off 10 days of no games save for Kyle and Kawhi who went to the ASG.

Its better to have the initial game after a long layoff at home rather than on the road....4 of the 5 home teams won last night...

Keep the streak going ... Raps W in Demars homecoming game.. I hope the ovation lasts for a couple minutes at least.

and if James Harden was pissed at Scott Foster.... Look who is coming back to the ACC tonite
                        San Antonio @ Toronto Marc Davis (#8) Tony Brown (#6) Eric Dalen (#37)
                        Yes, the long break will definitely impact teams for a couple games, which is why I like that the NBA has the break over the all-star weekend for all teams, so no one gets a competitive advantage, unlike the NHL where teams can be really prejudiced by when they get a week off.

For the Raps, I think they should be energized looking around the East and with Gasol and Lin in tow. Hopefully, they shake off the cob webs quickly.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                          Just found out that the game is at 7:00 not 7:30. Good thing I checked or I would have missed the first quarter.
                          The game is nationally televised in the US and are giving more time for the intro. It will probably tip off close to normal.

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                            The Rockets will find they have zero sympathy from around the league as they whine about not getting calls.
                            I dunno, scott foster already gave them the business last year in game 7 vs golden state. Just cause you're a team that draws fouls in play style does not make you exempt from the screw job
                            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                                Scott Foster strikes again:
                                ESPN did a FANTASTIC journalist investigation reopening the Tim Donaghy/NBA stuff, and my keon brother, '3inthe', linked it in "Lets NBA". You should all go there and take the time to read it. It doesn't paint the NBA in the greatest of light. And it sent me down a rabbit hole that wasn't mentioned in the article. Via reddit:

Scott Foster received 134 phone calls from Tim Donaghy between October 2006 and April 2007. He didn’t call any other official more than 13 times.
                                You also forgot to mention that each call to Foster was preceded and/or followed by calls to his bookies (within a few minutes of each other)...

The fact Scott Foster is even still reffing should tell you all you need to know about the NBA...

Oh and by the way, who always seems to be assigned to ref the most crucial and important games of the season (national TV games/Christmas games/game 7's/etc.)? But it's ok, the NBA assigns him because he's a "trusted veteran" and has great performance. Give me a fucking break. Does everyone have their head up their ass? How can people be so naive? Ignorance is bliss I guess.

Edit* Can you imagine the dirt Scott Foster has on the league, to still have a job lmao? League is run by fucking criminals as far as I'm concerned.
                                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Working...
                                X