Spurs @ Raps, 2/22/19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bendit wrote: View Post
    Does DD normally get to bring/walk the ball up in crunch time (when he got stripped). Surprised Pop uses that approach.
    He grabbed the board and they didn't call a TO so who knows what they would have wanted to do there.

Something I noticed when DeMar had the ball during the last minute with Kawhi guarding him. He was slowly initiating near the bench and three point line with Kawhi giving him a ton of room and being casual on D. DeMar went hard at the rim all of a sudden and Kawhi didn't look to have great position which led to another Raptor needing to help near the paint which led to a kick out and open three from Belinelli. Did not like Kawhis game last night.

Comment

• Spurs @ Raps, 2/22/19

Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
      Lol the DeRozan slander is hilarious. Shows how much some of you guys hated him while he was here. If JV was hanging around the locker room after us beating Memphis you'd think it was cool or cute.
      I say that about anyone. If Kyle hung out with DD in the Spurs locker room after we got beat, I’d be annoyed, but he hung out with him and Rudy outside of the arena. Same applies to JV, Lebron, anyone.

But sure, go ahead and make your random assumptions.

Comment

• I went to the game last night. Amazing vibe. Thought Ibaka looked great in person as did Lowry.
        The refs have a hard job, during the timeout when Nurse got ejected Popovich was screaming at the other referee about something else. Lol.

Comment

• Two of Gasol's fouls were were bullshit calls and that kinda took him out of the game. The last one he had his arms up a mile away from the spurs player who was scuffling at the sideline to to try to get past him. The only part touching the guy was Gasol's stomach while he was standing still vertically. If it is humanly possible to foul someone with your belly while you're stationary with your arms up then I don't know if it's possible to play defence on this league anymore.

A sign of good officiating is when the refs are invisible throughout the game. Refs were way too visible on this one (for both sides). The NBA needs to have some sort of quality control for for the zebras. This year (and last) have been really bad for it.

Comment

• The furry thread starter ( whatever he is called now ) has the most consecutive wins this year. Keep up the little work you do because it seems to be working. Discuss.

Comment

• Jangles wrote: View Post
              He grabbed the board and they didn't call a TO so who knows what they would have wanted to do there.

Something I noticed when DeMar had the ball during the last minute with Kawhi guarding him. He was slowly initiating near the bench and three point line with Kawhi giving him a ton of room and being casual on D. DeMar went hard at the rim all of a sudden and Kawhi didn't look to have great position which led to another Raptor needing to help near the paint which led to a kick out and open three from Belinelli. Did not like Kawhis game last night.
              A couple of points: I will have to look at the replay of that sequence where DD brings the ball up. My recollection is he wanted to initiate the play (probably the last play w/15 secs left) and got trapped. His handle had never been his best talent. In terms of the dynamics of the game ...I thought both DD and Kawhi were taking it personal and pressing so taking unadvised shots sometimes (first half for Leonard. I dont blame them.... they both had something to prove (Kawhi got smoked in SA his 1st game back). Not sure if Anyway, I thought someone like DD should have handed it off to Mills or even Bellinelli while getting into a set for the last shot. Ironic he coughs up the ball there ...something we used to rail about here or missing the big shot. On one level I feel sorry for him but we won and Kawhi showed how he can impact a game. He is a closer.

Comment

• Yuri Gagarin wrote: View Post
                I wish it wasnt so close but ya a wins a win

DD was hangin inside the Raptors locker room post game. Dude move on. You dont go in opposing teams locker room in an elementary school game and you dont do it im the nba. Disrespectful to his spurs team too
                A.I wrote: View Post
                Agreed. You just basically lost your team the game by turning it over, probably not the best time to hang out with your ex-teammates. Do it at Lowry’s house or someplace outside of the arena, not in the locker room.
                Yuri Gagarin wrote: View Post
                JV wouldnt.
                G__Deane wrote: View Post
                Wow that's crazy.
                I get that he and Lowry are gonna head for beers or something after the game but I think even that should be away from the sports media out fo respect for the franchises and their current teammates.......smh
                G__Deane wrote: View Post
                I don't hate DD, I love the guy.
                But the point is that JV (or Poeltl) WEREN'T "hanging around the locker room"

You think Jak and Siakam didn't hang out for whatever time they could after the game? But Poeltl didn't knock on the locker room door and ask if Pascal could come out to play .....

Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Lol

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post

Absolutely destroyed. Fucking hypocrites.

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
                      Absolutely destroyed. Fucking hypocrites.
                      Breathe. This isn’t war. This is very select group of well paid men getting played to play basketball. 5 games ago, Gasol was a Grizzly. People switch teams. They’re allowed to be a fraternity over the course of a six month regular season. The playoffs are a different beast. If you can’t separate the guy you might respect from the guy you really want to dominate in the game, I don’t think you’d last too long.

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
                        Breathe. This isn’t war. This is very select group of well paid men getting played to play basketball. 5 games ago, Gasol was a Grizzly. People switch teams. They’re allowed to be a fraternity over the course of a six month regular season. The playoffs are a different beast. If you can’t separate the guy you might respect from the guy you really want to dominate in the game, I don’t think you’d last too long.
                        I think you're confused.

All those posters The Great One quoted were criticizing DeMar for going into the locker room post game. He then posted a tweet that showed Danny Green did the EXACT SAME thing when we played in San Antonio and not one of them made a sound.

So you should be telling all of them to "breathe" not me. I had no issue with DeMar going into the locker room to see his friends, just like I had no issue with Green doing it. I am consistent, they are not because they hate DeRozan.

Comment

• well no wonder Raps got destroyed last time against Spurs. so mushy mushy
                          Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
                            I think you're confused.

All those posters The Great One quoted were criticizing DeMar for going into the locker room post game. He then posted a tweet that showed Danny Green did the EXACT SAME thing when we played in San Antonio and not one of them made a sound.

So you should be telling all of them to "breathe" not me. I had no issue with DeMar going into the locker room to see his friends, just like I had no issue with Green doing it. I am consistent, they are not because they hate DeRozan.
                            You are assuming everyone thinks Green doing it was okay. I view both as inappropriate. Not a big deal either way but I don’t think it’s professional behaviour.

Comment

• rightsideup wrote: View Post
                              it seems our backup point guards tend to become our sixth man quickly and are trade-able like Joseph was
                              This is largely true, but I think there was some hope FVV would replace Lowry in a year or two. At this point I don’t think thats very likely, but he could become an average starter still.

Comment

• Truth Teller wrote: View Post
                                Lin has been maybe slightly better than FVV (much better using PnR). Which brings to the question: Why even give backup PG a big deal? We can get players on vet min.
                                you realize lin was getting paid 12 million a year before his buyout? what FVV is average to a little below average for what a backup pg/ 6 man get paid. FVV contract is fine its only for 2 years
                                To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

Working...
                                X