No announcement yet.

Everything Gridiron

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If he wasn't already before, it's now an inarguable fact that Brady is the GOAT.

Comment

• Not even close today.
      Thought the zebras were a little too much into the game in the 1st half, much to the detriment of the Chiefs, but in the end it didn't matter.
      Tampa throttled KC tonight.

Prop bet winner is Planet Mars with 3 outta 4.

There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
      - TGO

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
        Not even close today.
        Thought the zebras were a little too much into the game in the 1st half, much to the detriment of the Chiefs, but in the end it didn't matter.
        Tampa throttled KC tonight.

Prop bet winner is Planet Mars with 3 outta 4.

Some bad call but also lots of undisipline play by the chiefs d. Dont know what the he the honey badger was thinking you dont trash talk the GOAT dude diced him up and made him look like an idiot. Brady was good that defense was unreal.
        hard to blame mahomes but dude has an array of weapons and wasnt able to break any big play. Reid also kinda shit the bed should have got the ball into hardman and hills hands even by handing the ball off. Those dudes are electric. Gotta get the ball In there hands however you can
        To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• Pretty fun game last night.. Tampa's defense was just too good.. and I should have saw that coming although it was hard to bet against KC's fire power. There was really only one penalty that was egregious and that was the pass interference play.. but from first glance I thought the defender tripped the guy.. it was only in the replay that showed that wasn't the case. KC should have challenged.. that's their fault that they didn't.

Either way.. KC only put up 9 points with 0 touch downs. Can't do that in the superbowl. Kind of a humiliating loss for those guys.. feels good actually. KC's ego was too much. Felt like GSW losing to Cleveland and Lebron there (but if it was a sweep).

I haven't watched football long enough to have a fair comment on the GOAT (within the 4 major NA sport leagues) debate.. but I still think Wayne Gretzky is #1 (even though he only has 4 rings compared to 7 or 6). Brady is probably over MJ now, but a QB unlike a basketball player only plays on one side of the field (Gretzky didn't play defense either).

What I get out of Brady though is he's a coach/GM/player all in one.. like Lebron is now. MJ never had that power. Gretzky had a bit of that but not really. His leadership is a reason why that team gelled like they did. He doesn't play defense, but he got his defense to play for him and give him a chance with the ball back. 7 chips is pretty remarkable, especially when you have 30+ teams and a one and done playoff format.

Also the half time show was pretty dope. I only know one of that guys songs, and it was way overplayed. But the overall presentation was cool. And what I really appreciated was that the guy wasn't twerking on a stripper pole.

Comment

• Quite the run for him this year. He knocked out three future hall of fame QB in the playoffs, all probably top ten greats when it's all said and done.

The Bucs outclassed the Chiefs on both sides of the ball though. Brady didn't need to do anything heroic or great to win that game and yet he still played really well.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
              Quite the run for him this year. He knocked out three future hall of fame QB in the playoffs, all probably top ten greats when it's all said and done.

The Bucs outclassed the Chiefs on both sides of the ball though. Brady didn't need to do anything heroic or great to win that game and yet he still played really well.
              241 days till next kickoff.

Till then.. we got the Raps and Leafs and Blue Jays to help pass the time.

Stay well boyo's.

- TGO

Comment

• Cowboys vs Bucs to open the season, Thursday September 9. I'm predicting this will be the highest rated Thursday Night game in history. Cowboys offense will be back in full effect, excited to see what Dan Quinn can do with the defense and the new additions.

Packers vs Saints - who will be the QB for either team??

Steelers vs Bills - Were the Bills a one-season wonder?

Jets vs Panthers - Did the Jets make the right move in dealing Darnold?

Browns vs Chiefs - Must see TV at 4:25pm eastern

Ravens at Raiders - SNF, the end zone club in Vegas will be poppin'!

Comment

• I no longer believe a lot of the Aaron Rodgers stuff is true. Schefter admitted he didn't have a source and everything since then is a bunch of "experts" answering questions about what they know to be fact with "I think, I think, I think". There's no award winning journalism going on in the NFL. Credible journalism might be a pipe dream.

So, Rodgers v. Winston. That's my guess.

Comment

• Mack North wrote: View Post
                    Cowboys vs Bucs to open the season, Thursday September 9. I'm predicting this will be the highest rated Thursday Night game in history. Cowboys offense will be back in full effect, excited to see what Dan Quinn can do with the defense and the new additions.

Cowboys vs Bucs to open the season, Thursday September 9. I'm predicting this will be the highest rated Thursday Night game in history. Cowboys offense will be back in full effect, excited to see what Dan Quinn can do with the defense and the new additions.

Bucs win 42 to 31. Jerrys teams can score but can't stop nuthin.

Aaron Charles Rogers starts for the Pack
                    and
                    The Gunslinger...The most unpredictable exciting QB to ever get the keys to a serious team... Jameis Winston gets the start for the Saints.
                    Can't wait for the first Jameis game where he passes for 429 yards and 6 TDS. 4 to the guys wearing the same colour shirts as him and two to the guys who aren't. The Saints win though 38 to 28 and Sean Payton orders a pallet load of Zantac.

No chance.. The Bills go 12 and 4.
                    Pittsburgh is a high wire act .. They could go 11 and 5 or 5 and 11.

Set it in stone... Sam Darnold goes 24 for 31.... 322 yards and 4 TDs...
                    Adam Gace will never coach in the league again.

The Browns are for real.. but the Magician in KC wins by 10.

The Raiders find a way and win the opener against a top 3 team in the AFC before losing the next 3 in a row.
                    Last edited by Demographic Shift; Sat May 15, 2021, 08:57 PM.
                    - TGO

Comment

• Jacksonville.. despite winning the lottery and getting one of the highest rated QB prospects since Andrew Luck still has the Urban Meyer factor to contend with.

Over Under for Jax wins is set by Vegas at 6.5 wins

I am going to say under only because of Meyer.
                      - TGO

Comment

• I just started really paying attention for a couple of years now, so still a big time noob to the sport. But, is it just me or has the NFL's off season put the NBA's to shame?

Tyreke Hill got traded to the Dolphins today. That's crazy, but I should have expected it with all the money Mahones is going to be getting. The Chiefs just took a giant step backwards and I love it.

The AFC West is a monster of a division. I don't think the Chiefs get into the playoffs next season.

I go Chargers > Raiders > Broncos > Chiefs in that division.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                          I just started really paying attention for a couple of years now, so still a big time noob to the sport. But, is it just me or has the NFL's off season put the NBA's to shame?

Tyreke Hill got traded to the Dolphins today. That's crazy, but I should have expected it with all the money Mahones is going to be getting. The Chiefs just took a giant step backwards and I love it.

The AFC West is a monster of a division. I don't think the Chiefs get into the playoffs next season.

I go Chargers > Raiders > Broncos > Chiefs in that division.
                          This is an usual offseason. Stud QBs rarely change teams. Trading superstar WRs in their prime is practically unheard of.

The Chiefs are paying the price for having a franchise QB on his second contract. As soon as the second contract rolls around the odds of winning go down a lot because the cap allocation to QB spikes to $40-50/yr. The Bills need to win right away or they're going to look like the Chiefs in a few years. This is the same reason why the Packers have a hard time retaining guys and have watched pro bowler after pro bowler leave. A major reason why they pissed off Adams and had to trade him was because they didn't have the money and didn't know where to find the money until it was too late... The Cowboys got almost nothing for Amari Cooper because they had to let him go because Dak makes so much money.

I don't believe in the Raiders. They're better but they're not Champ tier and they're not better than the Chiefs. I don't believe Carr can outduel Mahommes or Russ. The Chargers are stacked and also have a possible future HOF gun slinger under center. A crazy good division.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post

This is an usual offseason. Stud QBs rarely change teams. Trading superstar WRs in their prime is practically unheard of.

The Chiefs are paying the price for having a franchise QB on his second contract. As soon as the second contract rolls around the odds of winning go down a lot because the cap allocation to QB spikes to $40-50/yr. The Bills need to win right away or they're going to look like the Chiefs in a few years. This is the same reason why the Packers have a hard time retaining guys and have watched pro bowler after pro bowler leave. A major reason why they pissed off Adams and had to trade him was because they didn't have the money and didn't know where to find the money until it was too late... The Cowboys got almost nothing for Amari Cooper because they had to let him go because Dak makes so much money.

I don't believe in the Raiders. They're better but they're not Champ tier and they're not better than the Chiefs. I don't believe Carr can outduel Mahommes or Russ. The Chargers are stacked and also have a possible future HOF gun slinger under center. A crazy good division.
                            Very interesting, and if young/starting caliber QB's are making $40M+ a year than this will be a norm, unless the NFL increases each teams' cap. Josh Allen could take a pay cut to keep his team together. He seems to be that kind of dude. The Bills just gave a lot of money to Miller too.

Comment

Working...
                            X