No announcement yet.

Everything Gridiron

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looks like it might be the year of the QB. A whopping SIX QB's going in the top 15 in CBS Sport's latest mock.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/...aquon-barkley/

I'll leak top secret info here right now. With Wentz & Jimmy G on lock down I'm not taking a QB in the Dynasty draft.

Comment

• Is Sherman getting traded????

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
        Is Sherman getting traded????
        Bennett was... Thomas and Sherman next, amongst others I'm sure.

Comment

• <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">As I reported on <a href="https://twitter.com/NFLTotalAccess?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@NFLTotalAcces s</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/nflnetwork?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@nflnetwork</a> ... the Seahawks plan to release Richard Sherman in the next couple of days. If he doesn't land a big deal elsewhere they are open to bringing him back at a lower salary. <a href="https://twitter.com/AroundTheNFL?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@AroundTheNFL</a></p>&mdash; Michael Silver (@MikeSilver) <a href="https://twitter.com/MikeSilver/status/971546051998969857?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">March 8, 2018</a></blockquote>

EDIT: It says they're going to release Sherman.

Comment

• I hope the Packers swoop in after he's cut. Obviously.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
              I hope the Packers swoop in after he's cut. Obviously.
              It sucks that Dallas never has any money to spend on FA's. I used to love this time of year but now I couldn't care less since I know we're not getting anybody of significance. Uncle Jerry is only 75, he ain't goin' nowhere anytime soon either...

Comment

• Well for me it's sucked in the past because TT believed in building through the draft no matter the circumstance and for the most part was unwavering in that stance. With him axed things might open up and finally Rodgers might have the supporting cast he needs to get back to the Super Bowl. He's 34 and who knows when the decline will begin so they need to be in win now mode.

Comment

• An FYI for all those Fantasy Football nuts out there:
                  Quarterback Rankings

1. Aaron Rodgers – Has finished No. 1 or 2 among fantasy quarterbacks in 7 of the past 10 years.
                  2. Tom Brady – Entering his age-41 season. Led NFL in passing yards per game (286.1) at age 40.
                  3. Russell Wilson – Top-3 fantasy QB in 3 of last 4 years. Led NFL in touchdown passes (34) in ’17.
                  4. Drew Brees – Ceiling lowered in 2017, but still led NFL in completion rate (72.0) and YPA (8.1).
                  5. Cam Newton – Top-4 fantasy QB in 5-of-7 seasons. How will Norv Turner fare as Newton’s OC?
                  6. Deshaun Watson – In Weeks 2-8, outscored all QBs by 6.0 PPG (!). Has torn ACL twice since ‘14.
                  7. Carson Wentz – Last year’s overall QB2 before Week 15 ACL/LCL tear. Questionable for Week 1.
                  8. Marcus Mariota – Easy bounce-back QB under Matt LaFleur with positive TD regression coming.
                  9. Matthew Stafford – Top-10 fantasy QB in 4 of last 5 years with arrow up on pass-catcher corps.
                  10. Jimmy Garoppolo – Was QB7 in Weeks 13-17 with little help. Shredded Bears, Jags, and Rams.
                  11. Ben Roethlisberger – Ben has quietly been a top-8 fantasy QB just once in the last ten years.
                  12. Jared Goff – Broke out as last year’s QB12 with room for growth in year two with Sean McVay.
                  13. Philip Rivers – High-floor option has finished as a top-12 fantasy QB in 8 of the last 10 seasons.
                  14. Matt Ryan – Good LRQB bounce-back bet after getting hit hard by 2016-to-2017 regression.
                  15. Kirk Cousins – Landing spot is everything. Best-case scenario: Minnesota with Thielen & Diggs.
                  16. Dak Prescott – Top-10 fantasy QB in each of first two years took concerning late-season slide.
                  17. Jameis Winston – Shoulder injury ruined 2017 before fast finish. All key pass catchers are back.
                  18. Patrick Mahomes – Arm-athleticism phenom offers high-end QB1 upside in Andy Reid offense.
                  19. Derek Carr – Good bet for positive TD regression. 2015-16 TD Rate: 5.4%. 2017 TD Rate: 4.3%.
                  20. Alex Smith – Regression lock regardless of team after career year. Solid QB2 in Washington.
                  21. Blake Bortles – QB1 overall in Weeks 12-16. Jags embraced using Bortles as a running threat.
                  22. Mitchell Trubisky – Inconsistent rookie year but “flashed.” Bears need to get Trubisky WR help.
                  23. Andy Dalton – Has settled in as mid/late QB2. Needs everything around him perfect to excel.
                  24. Andrew Luck – Will rise if confidence builds in his arm. Risk outweighs his reward for now.
                  25. Joe Flacco – Top-12 fantasy QB once in 10 years. BAL needs another pass-catcher overhaul.
                  26. Eli Manning – If Giants draft quarterback at No. 2, only matter of time before Eli gets benched.
                  27. Ryan Tannehill – Tannehill’s knee health, Dolphins commitment to him are ongoing concerns.
                  28. Sam Darnold – Early fave for No. 1 overall pick. Would be youngest Week 1 starting QB ever.
                  29. Josh Rosen – Early fave for No. 2 pick? Darnold and Rosen are prototype “look the part” QBs.
                  30. Baker Mayfield – Early on, Mayfield appears to be battling Josh Allen to be third QB drafted.
                  31. Tyrod Taylor – Almost certainly done in BUF. Has shown fringe QB1 ability whenever he starts.
                  32. Lamar Jackson – Hot-button prospect offers monster dual-threat upside if he can get on field.
                  http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/nf...ll-qb-rankings

Personally the light is going out on basketball right now and my focus is starting to go back to football with the draft and FA coming up.

I'm happy to hear that the Eagles think Wentz will be ready for week 1, that's a huge boost to my dynasty team but then again, I now have Jimmy G as a backup and Drew Brees of course. I'm bursting at the seems at QB.
                  Last edited by Apollo; Fri Mar 9, 2018, 08:26 AM.

Comment

• LeBron is off to the browns

Comment

• OBJ

Comment

• New general manager Brian Gutekunst said he wants the Green Bay Packers to be involved in just about every free agency deal. So far he’s making good on that promise.

Former Jets defensive lineman Muhammad Wilkerson has already visited with the Packers, and now the team has “preliminary interest” in former Seahawks cornerback Richard Sherman, according to ESPN’s Josina Anderson.
                        https://lombardiave.com/2018/03/10/p...-unlikely/amp/

Comment

• "It's a new day in Lambeau. The Packers are among the teams that have reached out to TE Jimmy Graham's reps, sources tell me and @TomPelissero. Hey now."
                          https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/sta...46544999743488

Comment

• Jordy is being released and Apollo is shedding a tear. I just hope the Cowboys don't do the same to Dez.

Edit* but looks like they're signing Jimmy Graham for 3 years.
                            Last edited by Mack North; Tue Mar 13, 2018, 04:39 PM.

Comment

• Yeah, I'm not happy about it but I get it. I wonder if restructuring was offered? He's lost a step but can still be a good #2.

Happy to welcome Graham. He should do great with Rodgers.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                                Yeah, I'm not happy about it but I get it. I wonder if restructuring was offered? He's lost a step but can still be a good #2.

Happy to welcome Graham. He should do great with Rodgers.
                                Just reading GB signed Muhammed Wilkerson. Good start to FA for you.

Comment

Working...
                                X