Likes Likes:  242
Page 135 of 135 FirstFirst ... 35 85 125 133 134 135
Results 2,681 to 2,700 of 2700

Thread: Everything Gridiron

  1. #2681
    Super Moderator Apollo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    22,272
    Likes (Given)
    2410
    Likes (Received)
    3173

    Default

    Quote Axel wrote: View Post
    NFL and boat parties - a seemingly long standing tradition in NFL scandals.

    I sadly can't say I'm surprised by any aspect of this story.
    This is different but I agree it's the same sort of mindset.

  2. #2682
    Super Moderator Axel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    14,313
    Likes (Given)
    4897
    Likes (Received)
    6267

    Default

    Quote Mack North wrote: View Post
    In other sad news, goodbye #82. Helluva career and one of my all-time faves. I don't think anyone can say a bad word about him.

    He played for the Cowboys. There, that wasn’t even a challenge.
    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

  3. #2683
    Super Moderator Apollo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    22,272
    Likes (Given)
    2410
    Likes (Received)
    3173

    Default

    Quote Mack North wrote: View Post
    In other sad news, goodbye #82. Helluva career and one of my all-time faves. I don't think anyone can say a bad word about him.

    Seems like a good move for him. The Cowboys offense keeps taking a pounding. Rodgers might not need to come back after half time this season against the Cowboys!

  4. #2684
    Super Moderator Mack North's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Home of the 905
    Posts
    8,082
    Likes (Given)
    2244
    Likes (Received)
    1979

    Default

    Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    Yeah, these girls signed up for professional dancing and not exotic dancing or escorting. They probably have a viable sexual harassment legal case. With the #Metoo movement in full force I'm surprised this isn't making headlines everywhere.
    Imagine, they get to Costa Rica and think they're gonna have a great time and a fun shoot, then they're told to take their tops off or just wear body paint - then they bring in 30 of these pigs to watch.



    That would be awful.

  5. #2685
    Super Moderator Mack North's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Home of the 905
    Posts
    8,082
    Likes (Given)
    2244
    Likes (Received)
    1979

    Default

    Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    Seems like a good move for him. The Cowboys offense keeps taking a pounding. Rodgers might not need to come back after half time this season against the Cowboys!
    O-line will be back to 2014-2016 form and Zeke is there all season. I just worry about the passing game, but we can ground and pound and keep the D off the field like 2016. Defence should be improved as well, I'm quite optimistic.

  6. #2686
    Super Moderator Mack North's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Home of the 905
    Posts
    8,082
    Likes (Given)
    2244
    Likes (Received)
    1979

    Default

    Quote Axel wrote: View Post
    He played for the Cowboys. There, that wasn’t even a challenge.
    Seems to get everyone the top gig in broadcasting. I expect some big FA signings in the future for this reason alone

  7. #2687
    Super Moderator Apollo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    22,272
    Likes (Given)
    2410
    Likes (Received)
    3173

    Default

    Quote Mack North wrote: View Post
    Imagine, they get to Costa Rica and think they're gonna have a great time and a fun shoot, then they're told to take their tops off or just wear body paint - then they bring in 30 of these pigs to watch.



    That would be awful.
    But it didn't end there. Then nine of these guys picked out the ones they liked most and those girls were forced to be escorts. Yikes.

  8. Likes Mack North liked this post
  9. #2688
    Super Moderator Apollo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    22,272
    Likes (Given)
    2410
    Likes (Received)
    3173

    Default

    • Brandon Browner arrested in charged with attempted murder, as well as five other charges.
    • Marquez White arrested for felony assault.
    • Brandon Pettigrew arrested for punching a police officer.
    • Shady McCoy accused of beating up an estranged girlfriend, beating his child, beating his dog and of juicing.


    The dog days of summer are here. The fans may need to take a kneel when the players come out of the locker room if this continues.

  10. #2689
    Super Moderator Mack North's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Home of the 905
    Posts
    8,082
    Likes (Given)
    2244
    Likes (Received)
    1979

    Default

    Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    • Brandon Browner arrested in charged with attempted murder, as well as five other charges.
    • Marquez White arrested for felony assault.
    • Brandon Pettigrew arrested for punching a police officer.
    • Shady McCoy accused of beating up an estranged girlfriend, beating his child, beating his dog and of juicing.


    The dog days of summer are here. The fans may need to take a kneel when the players come out of the locker room if this continues.
    NFL never fails. I wonder what the average is for off-season arrests/charges each year?

  11. Likes MACK11 liked this post
  12. #2690
    Super Moderator Joey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    18,753
    Likes (Given)
    11237
    Likes (Received)
    5508

    Default

    Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    • Brandon Browner arrested in charged with attempted murder, as well as five other charges.
    • Marquez White arrested for felony assault.
    • Brandon Pettigrew arrested for punching a police officer.
    • Shady McCoy accused of beating up an estranged girlfriend, beating his child, beating his dog and of juicing.


    The dog days of summer are here. The fans may need to take a kneel when the players come out of the locker room if this continues.
    Wouldn't be surprised if every one of them have CTE in some form. NFL needs to start treating that much more seriously. But they won't, because they know it will ultimately cost them everything.

  13. #2691
    Super Moderator Mack North's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Home of the 905
    Posts
    8,082
    Likes (Given)
    2244
    Likes (Received)
    1979

    Default

    haha you spoke so soon, Apollo.

    More Pacman, from this morning!

    http://www.tmz.com/2018/07/11/pacman...t-fight-video/


  14. #2692
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer TRex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Jurassic Park
    Posts
    13,769
    Likes (Given)
    849
    Likes (Received)
    2800

    Default

    Anyone here see the pic of McCoy's gf? fuckin disgusting. He should be in jail for that.

    I'm done with the NFL man. This league is full of thugs and criminals.

  15. #2693
    Raptors Republic Icon rocwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    25,940
    Likes (Given)
    2465
    Likes (Received)
    6115

    Default

    Cancel Mccoy

  16. #2694
    Super Moderator Apollo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    22,272
    Likes (Given)
    2410
    Likes (Received)
    3173

    Default

    Quote Joey wrote: View Post
    Wouldn't be surprised if every one of them have CTE in some form. NFL needs to start treating that much more seriously. But they won't, because they know it will ultimately cost them everything.
    I think they'd probably go the other way and require players agree to some sort of waiver of responsibility that is added to all rookie deals and then carried forward. The sport is violent and for it to be successful it will always need to be somewhat violent. So does it die or do the players who are willing to roll the dice for the millions roll the dice for the millions? This is what I think is the end game and its not outrageous. There are all sorts of dangerous activities which require a waiver to be signed.

  17. #2695
    Super Moderator Apollo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    22,272
    Likes (Given)
    2410
    Likes (Received)
    3173

    Default

    Quote Mack North wrote: View Post
    haha you spoke so soon, Apollo.

    More Pacman, from this morning!

    http://www.tmz.com/2018/07/11/pacman...t-fight-video/

    I don't know the circumstance that led up to that but Pacman won the fight and it was self defense... Well at first. He had the girl put hands on him and he didn't touch her but then the guy moved in with the swagger and started swinging for the fences.
    Last edited by Apollo; Fri Jul 13th, 2018 at 07:26 AM.

  18. #2696
    Super Moderator Apollo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    22,272
    Likes (Given)
    2410
    Likes (Received)
    3173

    Default

    Quote TRex wrote: View Post
    Anyone here see the pic of McCoy's gf? fuckin disgusting. He should be in jail for that.

    I'm done with the NFL man. This league is full of thugs and criminals.
    Is it confirmed that he did it? I mean there were reports that he was somewhere else, were those wrong?

    I haven't seen any pictures but one thing I learned about the NFL is they're far less forgiving when pictures or videos hit the Internet. That's the only time they really have a problem with this stuff. Ray Rice never played again. Maybe Shady is blacklisted too now. He deserves it if he did it. these guys are supposed to be role models.

  19. #2697
    Super Moderator Mack North's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Home of the 905
    Posts
    8,082
    Likes (Given)
    2244
    Likes (Received)
    1979

    Default

    Quote TRex wrote: View Post
    Anyone here see the pic of McCoy's gf? fuckin disgusting. He should be in jail for that.

    I'm done with the NFL man. This league is full of thugs and criminals.
    She was smoking hot before the beating, but those after pics are brutal, I won't bother posting it.

    If he did that, he needs to be locked up for a long time. I'm not making any snap judgments though, a lot of these allegations end up being false.

  20. #2698
    Super Moderator Mack North's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Home of the 905
    Posts
    8,082
    Likes (Given)
    2244
    Likes (Received)
    1979

    Default

    Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    I don't know the circumstance that led up to that but Pacman won the fight and it was self defense... Well at first. He had the girl put hands on him and he didn't touch her but then the guy moved in with the swagger and started swinging for the fences.
    It wouldn't be the offseason without a Pacman arrest. I believe the chick was with him, but yea, he won the fight with a backpack on while being a half-foot shorter than the dude!

  21. #2699
    Super Moderator Apollo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    22,272
    Likes (Given)
    2410
    Likes (Received)
    3173

    Default

    One last ride for Sproles: https://officialize.com/@darrensprol..._medium=social

    Does he make the hall is the question? I think, yes, he has to be in there. He wasn't defined by a positions, put up huge numbers and appears to be an good person who represented the sport with class.

  22. #2700
    Super Moderator Apollo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    22,272
    Likes (Given)
    2410
    Likes (Received)
    3173

    Default

    Meanwhile...
    FORT WORTH, Texas -- Michael Irvin agrees with the Pro Football Hall of Fame's decision not to acknowledge Terrell Owens individually during enshrinement weekend in Canton, Ohio, next month.

    "We can't spend this moment for all these other guys talking about the guy that is not here," the Hall of Fame wide receiver said Saturday at the National Fantasy Football Convention. "You cannot do that and take that away. He's doing his own thing wherever he's doing his own thing, and God bless him. And when they mention the class they'll mention him, but why should you steal those other guys' moment because of the decision of this one?

    "I think it's the right move. They're not saying he's not going to have a bust in the room. They're not saying he's not getting his jacket. They're saying, 'We're honoring his wish. He doesn't want to be here with us, we're going to mention him as little as possible.' I think it's the right move."

    Hall of Fame executive director Joe Horrigan told the Talk of Fame Sports Network of the decision Thursday. Horrigan said Owens' name will be included when the whole class is announced, and his photograph will appear in materials about the weekend. The Hall will mail him his gold jacket -- which is usually presented on Friday night -- first thing Saturday morning.

    Owens announced last month that he would not attend the ceremonies, scheduled for Aug. 3-4, and would instead give a speech at his alma mater, the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga, on Aug. 4.
    "I was disappointed that we will be cheated as a Hall of Fame team, one of our teammates, that he took that decision [to skip the ceremonies]," Irvin said. "Of course everybody says, 'He has the right to make the decision.' Yes, he does and we have the right to say we don't like it. It is what it is. And I'm also disappointed because, you know, we fought for T.O. It wasn't like T.O. had said that it didn't matter, 'I don't care about being in the Hall,' or, 'I don't care about that at all.' Then everybody wouldn't have invested emotions and feelings into it and we did. ... We talked about it, tried to get him in. We talked about it on air because he rightfully belongs in there. Then he gets in and he makes that decision, I was absolutely disappointed about it."
    http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...nement-weekend

    I remember Owens' third season very clearly. It was the first season I played Fantasy Football. I drafted him because I didn't know what I was doing and then cut him for a scrub... Because I didn't know what I was doing. He blew up immediately after I cut him of course. Fantasy Football is rough when you're new.

    Anyway, he had an amazing career. I don't get his decision. This is supposed to be the capstone.
    Last edited by Apollo; Mon Jul 16th, 2018 at 06:43 AM.

Page 135 of 135 FirstFirst ... 35 85 125 133 134 135

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 3 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 3 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •