Everything Gridiron

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I missed the anthems. Parenting.

I know it didn't show on the boxscore but damn, Wentz is a very good rookie QB. I don't know if he's on the level Andrew Luck was in his rookie year but he's pretty good. The boxscore would have been really nice if Jordan Mathews didn't choke so much under pressure.

This is the QB golden age so of course the Browns trade out of position when they could have had Wentz. Because, you know, it's not like their whole offense is built around the need of a talented QB or anything. I was rooting for a RGIII comeback because I like underdogs and redemption stories but it was risky to go all in.

In other news Jay Cutler sucks.

Comment

• Here's the pic from the score of the anthem dude

Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
        This is the QB golden age so of course the Browns trade out of position when they could have had Wentz. Because, you know, it's not like their whole offense is built around the need of a talented QB or anything. I was rooting for a RGIII comeback because I like underdogs and redemption stories but it was risky to go all in.
        The Browns are the epitome of inept. They fired half their veteran scouts just before the draft (word is those scouts were very high on Wentz and had him as the top rater QB over Goff).

There have been rumblings that the Browns are employing the NBA tanking strategy (rarely seen if ever in NFL) which they have denied. Hard to claim you are competing when they cut several talented vets and kept over a dozen rookies. They took a gamble on RG3 but at least it was a low cost high reward one.

Their owner is a corrupt business man and their front office personnel lack football knowledge. Hue Jackson seems like a good coach who took a bad spot because he somehow ended up with a bad rep from the Raiders fiasco.

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

In other news Jay Cutler sucks.
          Cutler has ligament damage in his right (throwing) thumb; may require surgery. Hurt it in week 1 and appears to have aggravated it last night.

QBs are dropping like flies.

Comment

• For the record, he sucked before last night. He sucked before week one too.

Cutler needs to learn how to throw it away. Which is funny given how good he is at doing this without intentionally trying it.

Comment

For the record, he sucked before last night. He sucked before week one too.
              Oh I agree but in addition to sucking, he's hurt and they will have to turn to...(Google...) Brian Hoyer.

Interesting tidbit, if the Bears cut Cutler after the season, they save $14M in cap space from his $16M deal. Considering the aforementioned suckage, he could be done in the Windy City.

Comment

• They are now calling Cutler day to day.

Comment

• Dexter McCluster signing with SD to help off set Woodhead's season ending injury.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                    Oh I agree but in addition to sucking, he's hurt and they will have to turn to...(Google...) Brian Hoyer.

Interesting tidbit, if the Bears cut Cutler after the season, they save $14M in cap space from his $16M deal. Considering the aforementioned suckage, he could be done in the Windy City.
                    Hoyer looked ok last night. I mean they got whooped but the Browns can only dream about someone like Hoyer.

Comment

• AP is out for "months" with that torn meniscus. Sucks for Minny.

Comment

• Mack North wrote: View Post
                        AP is out for "months" with that torn meniscus. Sucks for Minny.
                        Plus he's on the books for $18M next year despite not running that well this year (obviously in limited snaps). Might be the end of AP in Minnesota.

Comment

• - 31 year old RB.
                          - Playing poorly this year.
                          - Contract year.
                          - Out 3-4 months at best.

Speculative add in all fantasy leagues for McKinnon. He's a super athlete and catches the ball out of the backfield better than AP. He may lose goal line work but he has potential to put up stats. Jury is out on whether he helps the Vikings win games. Talk about bad luck for them though. First Teddy and now this.

Comment

• CLEVELAND, Ohio — The Browns suffered another huge blow Wednesday when first-round pick Corey Coleman broke a hand in practice, a league source told cleveland.com.

He was injured when he caught a pass and someone came down on the hand. Practice is only open to the media for the first 20 minutes and it happened after that.

It's not yet known which hand was injured or its severity. He underwent X-rays after practice, which confirmed the break.

"An X-ray late this afternoon on Corey Coleman's hand revealed a fracture," the Browns said in a press release early Wednesday night. "He was a full participant in today's practice. The injury is being further evaluated in order to determine when he will return to play."

The injury is another in a series to afflict the Browns at the start of this season. In Sunday's loss to the Ravens, Josh McCown suffered a left shoulder injury, Cam Erving a bruised lung and Carl Nassib a broken hand that required surgery on Wednesday.
                            http://www.cleveland.com/browns/inde...broke_his.html

And now they lose their stud WR rookie. They get Gordon back in a couple weeks but their season is pretty much over anyway. They should try to trade Gordon before the deadline if their true goal is to tank it NBA style.

Comment

• Sooo... Is Gronk playing tonight?

Comment

• Wow Brock was bad. I said it when he signed, the Texans made a mistake.

Comment

Working...
                                X