This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Talk is Cheap, It’s Time for Action."

This according to Doug and I couldn't agree more. Police are on standby with the G20 Summit, but if Colangelo sits idle tonight and does nothing then they might have another group to worry about. Rioting Raptors fans.

There is no question that the next month or so will be the defining period of Colangelo’s tenure as the Raptors general manager. He’s got a star to make something of in a sign-and-trade transaction, he’s got Turkoglu who still has value around the league whether you believe it or not. He’s got bits and pieces and a team that was not successful at all and the fans, and even some people in the organization, think he has to start making moves right away.

We’ve heard for weeks about the willingness to buy a pick or make a move or acquire some piece for the future.

The talk is cheap, it’s time for action. I’m not proposing some significant giveaway of talent but if this day ends with Toronto simply making the 13th pick in a so-so draft, people will feel it’s been a failure.

Me included.
    Source - Click here

I think Doug Smith is one of the biggest suckups to the Raptors and Management (although i enjoy his articles and still send in questions, hehehe). To see him express his frustration and disgust now, just goes to show how bad/messed up this team has become. If he, who has inside access to the Raps and should be understanding how the Raps operates is now getting pissed, what more us fans who are only on the outside looking in.

I think were at the point of extremes. Either get the pieces now and contend for the title, or trade everybody and rebuild. No more barely making the playoffs. No more middle ground. We have to get in there and contend. Period.

Comment

Wow, way to support the Raps regardless.. Why be desperate and make a deal just because its the draft? If BC doesn't make a trade, what good is being angry going to do? You just gotta trust BC, and come next season support the shit out of the Raps regardless.

Comment

I'm not getting the same feelings of frustration and disgust that you guys are. Not to the same degree anyway.

I think it's true though, if nothing happens today other than them picking at #13 it would be a failure. I don't think you're bashing BC or the Raptors by stating that. I imagine they would feel the same way.
        Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

That just seems weird to me Mess, you don't even know what direction the team is gonna go, so why is anything imminent? Just be patient, I mean what are you expecting?

Comment

Look, the way I see it is if he doesn't make a major move today to get us ANYTHING valuable then I consider him and this organization a pathetic failure.

Comment

matt wrote: View Post
              Look, the way I see it is if he doesn't make a major move today to get us ANYTHING valuable then I consider him and this organization a pathetic failure.
              Sounds legit. I guess BC better get on the horn, and fast!

Comment

The action they need is for Doug Smith to leave Toronto and write for some newspaper in Newfoundland
                Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
                Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Nick wrote: View Post
                  That just seems weird to me Mess, you don't even know what direction the team is gonna go, so why is anything imminent? Just be patient, I mean what are you expecting?
                  I'm expecting a lot of trades throughout the league today. I'll be shocked if thats not the case.

I guess the Raptors can wait and see where everyone is at when the dust settles. But they obviously need to do something and they can't afford to let any opportunity pass them by.

Comment

The problem is the Raptors have to wait for CB4 to make his free agent decision before they can officially move foward. Therefore to expect big things coming draft day is a tad premature. Evaluate things in the end of summer not after the draft.

Comment

That's not what BC said though. No matter what CB does, you need to get rid of Turk and probably one PG.

Comment

Mess wrote: View Post
                        I'm expecting a lot of trades throughout the league today. I'll be shocked if thats not the case.

I guess the Raptors can wait and see where everyone is at when the dust settles. But they obviously need to do something and they can't afford to let any opportunity pass them by.
                        Yah your absolutely right!

Comment

I think Colangelo will most definitely ATTEMPT to make some moves today. In the end, though, it takes two teams to make a move. If he can't find a deal he likes, then there's no point in doing anything.
                          Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                          Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Working...
                          X