Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best breakdown of LeGone James

Easy come, easy go for King James. by Adrian Wojnarowski

As the worst idea in the history of marketing unfolded, James looked trapped somewhere between despondence and defiance. His bumbling buddy Maverick Carter had walked him into the public execution of his legacy, his image, and there was a part of James that clearly wished he could turn back through the doors and hide. Only, it was too late. No going back now. James goes to the Miami Heat, Cleveland goes into a basketball Hades and LeBron’s legacy becomes that of a callous carpetbagger.

“His brand is [bleep] now,” one high-level NBA official said late Thursday. “He’s destroyed everything.”

The Championship of Me became the Championship of Flee, because LeBron James doesn’t believe he can be the centerpiece of a title team. He needed Dwyane Wade, a closer, far more than Wade needed him.

I prefer this take:

http://www.cavstheblog.com/?p=2604

Comment

Total bull... once they start winning big everyone will jump on the wagon...

Comment

Try to watch Lebron's announcement back-to-back with Gretzky's press conference when he was traded to LA, with his support (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4nE58aXXjU). The differences? Gretzky cared about the fans he was leaving and respected the game. Gretzky had already brought multiple championships to Edmonton. Gretzky ultimately gained respect of all fans, even in Edmonton and Canada because he respected the fans. Lebron, not so much....

Comment

If Lebron truly wanted to set himself apart from all the greats of the past he should have stayed in Cleveland. There is no question in my mind that he would have won a championship there. He is inarguably the most talented and physically gifted basketball player ever. Even if he had not won as many championships as MJ or Kobe that fact would not have been challenged. BB after all is a team game and dependent on many for victories. Staying in Cleveland in my view would have elevated him to true iconic status (because of the very real economic conditions which exist today) because he would have shown he was above the needs of basketball players lesser in talent than him. His "brand" would have become more valuable and he would have still had HIS team.

Warren Buffet lives and works in Omaha, Nebraska. Bill Gates in Redmond, Washington. James could have done the same in Cleveland, Ohio.

I believe he has diminished himself on many levels. I suppose this is another way of what is meant as "winning at all costs".

Comment

Working...
          X