Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Celtics Talking To Antoine Wright - Should Raptors Replace Him?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Celtics Talking To Antoine Wright - Should Raptors Replace Him?

http://www.boston.com/sports/basketb...llen_head.html

Allen's exit from Boston appeared cinched when O'Neal signed for the full midlevel contract -- $5.75 million -- while the Celtics seemed reluctant to give Allen the years or money he desired.

What's next for the Celtics? They are not interested in Orlando free agent Matt Barnes, who likely won't return to Orlando. They have reached out to Toronto free agent Antoine Wright and could have interest in Minnesota's Damien Wilkins.
    Do the Raptors need to get a defensive-minded player like Antoine Wright if Linas Kleiza's offersheet is not matched? The Raptors are over the cap so any incoming player would have to come in via trade or minimum contract. I'd like to have another wing (instead of Kleiza actually) but don't see it happening.

I hope we re-sign him TBH. He played rather well last year and was fun to watch.

Comment

Arsenalist wrote: View Post

Do the Raptors need to get a defensive-minded player like Antoine Wright if Linas Kleiza's offersheet is not matched? The Raptors are over the cap so any incoming player would have to come in via trade or minimum contract. I'd like to have another wing (instead of Kleiza actually) but don't see it happening.
      I can just see you cringing and hear you muttering and typing when Kleiza and Johnson are on the court together
      Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
      Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

if they traded somebody off there roster maybe. but, meh.
        If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

i don't get why people hate on Kleiza.........

Kleiza is a good player

Comment

I like Wright, but I think Kleiza is a huge upgrade on both sides of the floor. I also think that this team will be significantly better defensively next season with Bosh and Hedo gone so I think we'll be ok without Mr. Wright's services.
            "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

Tony Allen was that player. Need a better coach to handle Wright. Allen would have been perfect for Toronto. Allen was a huge pick up for the price for Memphis, IMO.

Memphis could surprise a lot of people next year.
              "Never compromise. Not even in the face of Armageddon."
              ~Rorschach

Comment

Haven't seen enough of Klieza to make a call on him. I AM a little worried, though.
                "Never compromise. Not even in the face of Armageddon."
                ~Rorschach

Comment

No let Boston have him the guy is so inconsistant
                  "Hello, Hello !.....You Play to Win the GAME!!"

Herm Edwards

Comment

I want to see them land Ronnie Brewer. As far as I know he hasn't been signed yet.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                      I want to see them land Ronnie Brewer. As far as I know he hasn't been signed yet.
                      Brewer is the guy I wanted from the beginning as well, but it looks like we have a bit of a log jam at the 2 so I doubt he's in the mix.

Comment

Brewer plays the 2 and 3. He can guard both positions. If Kleiza isn't signed I think they need to make him an offer ASAP.

Comment

Working...
                        X