Bryan Colangelo Is A Baaaaad Man!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
    Colangelo has had a tough timeline. He was considering a genius in Phoenix and started great it toronto. Then bosh left, then he got desperate, then he got replaced by masai who's looked at as godlike and turned it around. Then he replaced hinkie also looked at godlike and was in a lose lose spot. Then he his collars became a meme. And now this and he himself has become a meme. He may never work again but he is in my opinion definitely an above average gm and could help a lot of teams
    Colangelo is however his own worst enemy and this was part of a history of a GM as well as this scandal. The drafting of Bargnani first overall and Bosh leaving were his two biggest blunders in Toronto amongs other things. In Philadelphia it seems that his biggest blunder (in a very short period) was trading his pick to move up and not grabbing Tatum with it (playing into Ainge hand) , as well as shipping off Okafor and Noel for peanuts. Once again with Colangelo you get the good with the bad, the yin & yang, the beautiful with the ugly etc...one step forward and two steps back.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
      I am married. Same girlfriend for 10 years lived together 6 so yeah basically lol

It's negligent. I tell my girlfriend about my boss and co workers that pissed me off, but she doesn't post about it on social media. And I'm a Joe shluff, it would even more due diligence if I made millions and my job is covered by espn and has millions of people watching my every move. Two succesful people in their early 50s should have that understanding
      No man is complete till he is married.
      Then..he’s finished.
      There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
      - TGO

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
        The sad reality is that this might be the end of Colangelo as a public figure. No one in the NBA will hire him for a leading role.
        As much as I joke I feel sad for him too. If it was his wife’s burner accounts this could possibly destroy his career and his marriage. Getting fired makes sense but I feel for the guy.

On the other hand at least his wife was defending him. My wife would probably create a burner account to make fun of me lol.

Comment

• Rudy Bargnani wrote: View Post
          As much as I joke I feel sad for him too. If it was his wife’s burner accounts this could possibly destroy his career and his marriage. Getting fired makes sense but I feel for the guy.

On the other hand at least his wife was defending him. My wife would probably create a burner account to make fun of me lol.
          I echo this as well. I met him once, back in his Raps days. I was flying into an airport in NYC and he was sitting there...(texting/tweeting?? on his phone) I went up to him and said I was a huge Raptors fan and he chatted with me for a few moments, he was very gracious and seemed really interested to hear from me. ....There are lives involved. His professional one is likely over.

That said, if he had a hand in all this, or knew his wife was doing it, it's an egregiously stupid error on his part. But if his wife was doing this behind his back, what an incredible betrayal of trust.

(And man, how many people's ghosts will be uncovered by A.I.?? Is this the first? .... wild times.)

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
            The sad reality is that this might be the end of Colangelo as a public figure. No one in the NBA will hire him for a leading role.
            You'd think Bargnani would have done that to him long ago, but nah.

Comment

• He drafted fultz over Tatum so they found a way to remove him. They would have been set for the next decade

Comment

• grindhouse wrote: View Post
                He drafted fultz over Tatum so they found a way to remove him. They would have been set for the next decade
                Fultz was suppose to go 1. I cant blame him for that.

I would blame him for trading next years kings pick and the third overall from this year for Fultz.

Imagine 76ers with Luka Doncic...

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                  You'd think Bargnani would have done that to him long ago, but nah.
                  Well, it kind of did. He only has this job because the NBA installed his father to move the 76ers away from Hinkie's tanking stuff.
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

He drafted fultz over Tatum so they found a way to remove him. They would have been set for the next decade
                    Here's a defense ...the Sixers needed a pg but not one with a hitch in his stroke. They already had Saric so Tatum (pre '17-18) was a duplication. 2 GMs passed on Fultz (LA & Bos).

Having said this BC was no genius at making great draft picks (at least with the Raps) and was not a patient gm (opposite to MU or Ainge eg).

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
                      Here's a defense ...the Sixers needed a pg but not one with a hitch in his stroke. They already had Saric so Tatum (pre '17-18) was a duplication. 2 GMs passed on Fultz (LA & Bos).

Having said this BC was no genius at making great draft picks (at least with the Raps) and was not a patient gm (opposite to MU or Ainge eg).
                      Point guards are a dime a dozen and magic will be fired soon too

Comment

• The more things change.... the more they stay the same.

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post

BC gambled too much and when that failed he became conservative in his last 2 seasons (cause he knew his job was on the line in TO) and instead of gambling on Drummond, he decided to pick T-Ross. The man used his intuitions too much over data to make decisions and it burned the Raptors.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                            Well, it kind of did. He only has this job because the NBA installed his father to move the 76ers away from Hinkie's tanking stuff.
                            And he (wife?) had the gall to call Masai a trustfund baby lol without his dad BC wouldnt be in this business to begin with. Man how I wish my father was GM/president of a basketball franchise and gave me a job working for the company as soon as I graduated from University.

Comment

Fultz + a 1st for Tatum could end up being one of those top 10 worst NBA trades of all time. I didn’t really understand it at the time. Fultz was a “nice” player coming out of college, but he didn’t scream ‘superstar’ and certainly not somebody to blow a 1st round pick on. And there’s a glut of great PGs in the league which continues to grow, so it was a head scratcher, for sure.

But Raptor fans know well that BC is always eager to overpay to make that bold, splashy move to appear relevant and get attention around the league. Give him capspace, picks, and other valuable assets and he’s going to spend them quickly like a drunken sailor. Too bad BC is probably going to be fired..... there goes our chance to foist Lowry or DD onto the Sixers for a king’s ransom.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                                Fultz + a 1st for Tatum could end up being one of those top 10 worst NBA trades of all time. I didn’t really understand it at the time. Fultz was a “nice” player coming out of college, but he didn’t scream ‘superstar’ and certainly not somebody to blow a 1st round pick on. And there’s a glut of great PGs in the league which continues to grow, so it was a head scratcher, for sure.

But Raptor fans know well that BC is always eager to overpay to make that bold, splashy move to appear relevant and get attention around the league. Give him capspace, picks, and other valuable assets and he’s going to spend them quickly like a drunken sailor. Too bad BC is probably going to be fired..... there goes our chance to foist Lowry or DD onto the Sixers for a king’s ransom.
                                Regardless of this (bold), maybe there is a silver lining in BC getting fired.
                                I've felt whole season that James is likely going to 76ers. Does this change that?

Comment

Working...
                                X