Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favourite Teams Of All Time?

This is just a light forum question.

What has been your favourite team to watch of all time and why?

Pardon this for sounding like a crappy gym assignment, but still, a question is a question.

Thanks

RAW

Mine are defiantly the "big bad" pistons. Those games were always the best to watch.

Comment

90s Sonics.. in particular, the 96 team that made it to the finals.. kemp, payton, detlef schrempf, nate mcmillan, sam perkins.. just awesome.... til MJ destroyed them... but WC Finals vs. the Jazz was epic

Comment

heinz57 wrote: View Post
        90s Sonics.. in particular, the 96 team that made it to the finals.. kemp, payton, detlef schrempf, nate mcmillan, sam perkins.. just awesome.... til MJ destroyed them... but WC Finals vs. the Jazz was epic

Oh they were awesome, kemp was beast.

Comment

97-98 Grizzlies for me.

Bryant Reeves getting 18 and 8, Shareef pulling in 22 and 7. 19 wins (which was good for Vancouver).

Believe it or not I watched every chance I got.

I'm a glutton for punishment.

Comment

RecklessIndifference wrote: View Post
            97-98 Grizzlies for me.

Bryant Reeves getting 18 and 8, Shareef pulling in 22 and 7. 19 wins (which was good for Vancouver).

Believe it or not I watched every chance I got.

I'm a glutton for punishment.
            really? I never really watched them, like how i didnt watch the nets this year, they lost too many games so i never was interested, i am going to check them out on youtube

Comment

*All Time Favorite- Payton, Kemp led Sonic teams

*Close second- Sidney Moncrief, Terry Cummings led Buck teams

Comment

I liked:

The Bulls: The Jordan/Pippen era

The Knicks: The Ewing era

The Sonics: The Kemp/Payton era

The Celtics: The Bird era

The Lakers: The "Magic" era

The Suns: The Amare/Nash Era

Comment

and the embarassing admission

the clippers right through the 90s..

they were just SO BAD that waiting for them to win a game... any game.. was like checking your lottery ticket

or hoping for the day the tooth fairy didnt have change for a $20

Comment

heinz57 wrote: View Post
                    I loved it when Payton would get into his crouch, rocking from side to side waiting for the opposing PG to bring up the ball
                    Last edited by Paradigm Shift; Fri Aug 13, 2010, 07:54 PM.

Comment

I know you're talking pro but my favourite basketball team of all time was the St. John's Redmen of the mid-80s: Chris Mullin, Walter Berry, Mark Jackson, Bill Wennington.... and Lou Carnesecca as coach. They could never seem to get by Georgetown but man what a great rivalry!

Comment

Paradigm Shift wrote: View Post
                        I know you're talking pro but my favourite basketball team of all time was the St. John's Redmen of the mid-80s: Chris Mullin, Walter Berry, Mark Jackson, Bill Wennington.... and Lou Carnesecca as coach. They could never seem to get by Georgetown but man what a great rivalry!
                        Oh nothing beats faragut hs

Ronnie Fields (my fav player of all time) and KG in HS

Comment

I've been around for a bit. I loved the old Red Auerbach Celtics (1960's version) with guys like Bill Russell, Tommy Heinsohn,John Havlicek, Sam Jones, K.C. Jones. Even back to the 50's and the days of Bob Cousy and Bill Sharman.

To me that is an era which will never ever be replicated.

Wow, I just seriously aged myself!
                          Twitter:@coachclement

The best way to predict your future is to create it - Peter Drucker

Comment

BCsMaBoi wrote: View Post
                            I've been around for a bit. I loved the old Red Auerbach Celtics (1960's version) with guys like Bill Russell, Tommy Heinsohn,John Havlicek, Sam Jones, K.C. Jones. Even back to the 50's and the days of Bob Cousy and Bill Sharman.

To me that is an era which will never ever be replicated.

Wow, I just seriously aged myself!

That was such a wicked era because of Russell, Baylor, and Wilt...those three guys were the biggest pros ever
                            and then there was the logo in there too

Comment

I am sure all three could more than hold their own in any era.

Logo? Jerry West?
                              Twitter:@coachclement

The best way to predict your future is to create it - Peter Drucker

Comment

Working...
                              X