Raptors Announce 2010-11 Broadcast Schedule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raptors Announce 2010-11 Broadcast Schedule

Here's the TV breakdown for those who don't want to count it yourself. TSN will cover 23 games, TSN2 will do 24 games, Sportsnet will do 12 games and the Rogers exclusive Sportsnet One will cover 23 games next season.

TSN and TSN2 will televise 47 Raptors contests across Canada during the 2010-11 campaign. TSN2 has the season opener against Amar’e Stoudamire and the New York Knicks on October 27 from Air Canada Centre. They will also broadcast the first matchup with Kobe Bryant and the defending NBA Champion Los Angeles Lakers on November 5 from the STAPLES Center. TSN2’s schedule also features the first meeting with rising star Kevin Durant and the Oklahoma City Thunder on December 3 as well as two contests against Dwyane Wade and his Miami Heat on January 22 and February 16.

TSN’s schedule is highlighted by its opening broadcast of the season November 13 from AmericanAirlines Arena in Miami when the Raptors make their first visit to face the Heat. TSN will be the home for the only Toronto visit from Bryant and the Lakers on December 19 and road games in Boston (January 7), Orlando (January 21) and Phoenix against Steve Nash and the Suns (March 23).
    Rogers Sportsnet and its new national sports channel Sportsnet One will be the home for 35 Raptors regular season games. It will also air a minimum of 35 NBA US regular season contests and have the broadcast rights to 22 NBA playoff games, as well as feature programming NBA Action and NBA XL.

Sportsnet will be the place to see NBA history March 4 when the Raptors face the New Jersey Nets in the league’s first regular season game played in Europe at The O2 arena in London, England. Other marquee match-ups on the Sportsnet schedule include a November 21 Sunday matinee contest versus the Eastern Conference Champion Boston Celtics, the Toronto debut of John Wall, the first overall pick in the 2010 NBA Draft, on December 1 as the Raptors play host to the Washington Wizards, and a road contest against Derrick Rose and the Chicago Bulls on January 4.

Sportsnet One will air both contests versus Dirk Nowitzki and the Dallas Mavericks (December 28 and February 27), Chris Paul and the New Orleans Hornets (January 17 and March 1) and Blake Griffin and the Los Angeles Clippers (February 13 and March 26). Sportsnet One will also televise the season finale against the Heat on April 13 from Air Canada Centre.
    For a sixth consecutive season, all 82 Raptors telecasts will be produced by Raptors NBA TV. Veteran play-by-play voice Matt Devlin will call all the action for a third season. He will be joined by Canadian National Team head coach Leo Rautins for broadcasts on Sportsnet and Sportsnet One and “The Coach” Jack Armstrong will lend his expertise as the analyst on TSN and TSN2 telecasts.

The FAN 590 will once again be the radio home for Raptors broadcasts. For a sixth season Paul Jones will handle the play-by-play duties with Eric Smith serving as the analyst.
    Source - Raptors.com

Full Raptors Broadcast Schedule - Click here

I wonder if I can listen to the FAN590 radio broadcasts over the internet.

Were they broadcast over the Net last season?
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
      I wonder if I can listen to the FAN590 radio broadcasts over the internet.

Were they broadcast over the Net last season?
      no they weren't

Comment

Man I don't have rogers/ their stupid sports net channel. I guess I'm streaming half the games in shitty quality. oh joy.

Comment

the_aftermath wrote: View Post
          I guess I'm streaming half the games in shitty quality. oh joy.
          I'm with you.

oh well the Raptors will suck this year anyway's, some games are better to be missed then to be suffered watching.

Comment

Rogers can go fuck themselves. it was bad enough when TSN2 came out now this shit, i have expressvu & am very pissed off!! i switched from rogers cause they like to screw there long time customers over & and some how they still find a way to screw us over. these pricks need some better regulations against this type of bullshit cash grab!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Long live Rogers! This is payback for all you Bell snobs who were rubbing TSN2 in our faces last year. Now the tables have turned and the channel is only available to Rogers subscribers.

Comment

i hate all this bullshit now i gotta have 4 F@#$*!g channels just to watch them regularly? this is getting outta line

Comment

any games on cbc? just wondering

Comment

To the InterWeb for live streams : )
                    What if... Blazers had drafted both Drexler, Jordan?

From 1992 Beginner's Guide to the NBA Finals, The Oregonian's special section. Published 6/3/1992.

Michael Jordan was the #3 pick in the 1984 draft, after Portland selected Sam Bowie second.

Comment

Brilliant Job

Sounds like a well thought out plan to ship over 1 quarter of the televised games to a channel that many Raptors fans cannot even get. Kudos to Rogers and the Raptors for another beautifully strategized move.
                      Deadallus

Comment

weemsfan wrote: View Post
                        any games on cbc? just wondering
                        Nope. CBC and the Score don't have any Raptors games at all this season. Just TSN and Sportsnet.

Comment

Wow so now I gotta purchase ANOTHER channel to watch the Dinos!!!!!

And the majority I still won't be able to watch in HD. This blows.

Still, the regular season can't get here soon enough.

Comment

Why bother watching the season to miss 45 games? I don't feel like paying for these channels.

Comment

My middle-finger goes out to Roger SportsNet One. Missing out 24 games because of this bullsh@% channel and Ms. Calderon will not see her husband play for those 24 games.

Comment

Working...
                              X