Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Raptors Republic Game Thread: Raptors 93 - Knickerbockers 98 (F)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I went to the game last night and here are some observations:

* Not even anywhere close to a sellout. There were a LOT of empty seats.
    * Not much fanfare and the intro was kinda weak.
    * The sparse Knicks fans that were in attendance made more noise than the Raps fans
    * If we trade Reggie, we're screwed cause no one's gonna bring the sandpaper or toughness he does. His play allows guys to attack the rim because he clears space
    * I know it was just game one, but everyone was pretty awful aside from Reggie, Jack and Andrea.
    * Even though a lot of shots were flubbed by Andrea, I was happy to see him attack the rim
    * Once their shots start falling, the Knicks will be a better team. That many open looks and guys weren't draining them. They'll fall soon enough. What the hell happened to Anthony Randolph? Wasn't overly impressed with Stoudemire, but he made the tough shots when they were needed.
    * WHy is Barbosa forcing up a fadeaway 3 instead of passing it out. We would have been better served to try for a quick two then fouling.
    * A lot of guys looked lost. This is very much a work in progress. D needs to tighten up a lot
    * This is going to be a VERY long season

Comment

• don't forget the "daddy dancing crew"

that made me throw up in my mouth a little bit.

and the horribly homo-erotic half-time show

Comment

• MangoKid wrote: View Post
        I went to the game last night and here are some observations:

* The sparse Knicks fans that were in attendance made more noise than the Raps fans
        * If we trade Reggie, we're screwed cause no one's gonna bring the sandpaper or toughness he does. His play allows guys to attack the rim because he clears space
        * I know it was just game one, but everyone was pretty awful aside from Reggie, Jack and Andrea.
        * Even though a lot of shots were flubbed by Andrea, I was happy to see him attack the rim
        * Once their shots start falling, the Knicks will be a better team. That many open looks and guys weren't draining them. They'll fall soon enough. What the hell happened to Anthony Randolph? Wasn't overly impressed with Stoudemire, but he made the tough shots when they were needed.
        * WHy is Barbosa forcing up a fadeaway 3 instead of passing it out. We would have been better served to try for a quick two then fouling.
        * A lot of guys looked lost. This is very much a work in progress. D needs to tighten up a lot
        Cheers brutha. Was the beer still overpriced?

Reggie's active hands/arms kept us in the game. Eventhough he didn't score a point, his rebounding and defence was stellar and I still think he was our MVP last night. (with honourable mention to both Andrea and Jack)

Comment

• heinz57 wrote: View Post
          don't forget the "daddy dancing crew"

that made me throw up in my mouth a little bit.

and the horribly homo-erotic half-time show
          I didn't mind the daddy dancing crew. In Dallas and Chicago, their big fat male dancers are revered.

The half-time show.. it takes talent to do the stuff they were doing. You gotta have a ton of body control. I sat in my seat for it. Although, it would have been better to have the kids out there playing ball at the half.

I have to say, I was pretty appauled and disappointed to see people purposely go out of their way to get 18 t-shirts from the seats.

Comment

• Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
            Cheers brutha. Was the beer still overpriced?

Reggie's active hands/arms kept us in the game. Eventhough he didn't score a point, his rebounding and defence was stellar and I still think he was our MVP last night. (with honourable mention to both Andrea and Jack)
            The beers are always overpriced Doc, that's why you always do the caribbean thing - bring beer in the trunk at all times and drink in the underground lot

I love Reggie. BC needs to bring that guy back. The only way he should get dealt is if it nets us a nice piece that we can go forward with, who makes ultimately makes us better.

Comment

I'm not because he blows at attacking the rim. He always settles for extremely hard well covered shots instead of powering his way to the rim. Just look at his FG%. When he didn't attack he made more baskets at a higher average.

Comment

I have to say, I was pretty appauled and disappointed to see people purposely go out of their way to get 18 t-shirts from the seats.
                DUDE! We left our shirts on our seats at halftime for the duration of a pee break... came back, and our whole row had been taken. i thought it was MLSE being cheap.

Comment

• heinz57 wrote: View Post
                  DUDE! We left our shirts on our seats at halftime for the duration of a pee break... came back, and our whole row had been taken. i thought it was MLSE being cheap.
                  I saw people with multiple shirts. It was pretty sickening. You would have thought that the shirts were bars of gold.

Comment

• RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
                    I'm not because he blows at attacking the rim. He always settles for extremely hard well covered shots instead of powering his way to the rim. Just look at his FG%. When he didn't attack he made more baskets at a higher average.
                    When your shots aren't falling, you attack the rim and even if you don't make the shot, hopefully you get the foul call. Plis the percentages are higher attacking the rim. If he was just shooting jump shots, people would have complained how soft he was/is. It was nice to see him go to the rim.

Comment

If they don't fill up the ACC seats this season will BC still be retained???????

Comment

When your shots aren't falling, you attack the rim and even if you don't make the shot, hopefully you get the foul call. Plis the percentages are higher attacking the rim. If he was just shooting jump shots, people would have complained how soft he was/is. It was nice to see him go to the rim.
                        He got near the rim but he never actually properly attacked it. There was bunch of time where he would take a well covered low percentage turn around jumper. I want to see him use his size and dunk the ball.

Comment

• SirChillyMost wrote: View Post
                          If they don't fill up the ACC seats this season will BC still be retained???????
                          Raps will still finish in the top half in attendance, so he'll probably still be retained.

Comment

• RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
                            He got near the rim but he never actually properly attacked it. There was bunch of time where he would take a well covered low percentage turn around jumper. I want to see him use his size and dunk the ball.
                            I would love for him to take the ball and dunk it too, but you have to admit that a shot closer to the rim has a higher percentage of going in than one from longer range. It seemed like shots weren't falling all night.

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

Working...
                                X