No announcement yet.

BC looking like a legit architect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Matt52 wrote: Is it just me or do the writing styles, hatred of BC, and idiocy of *****=Trife=Legalize closely resemble one another? I'm sure someone no one would have 3 handles for a Raptors blog.

I'm personally done with your posts. Feel free to respond with any insult you please. Your arguments once debated are weak, your insults tiring, your skirting of the subject sad, hatred of BC obvious, and inability to respond to any rational argument laughable.
    Agreed.

Trife76 wrote: Stop ur crying please...nobody cares what you think "looks" better.
    Evidence. Nice rebuttal.

Comment

Colangelo is a damned idiot. His Eurocentrism has destroyed the Raps.

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
        Thanks for making my point.
        You dont have one,quit ur bitchin..its effeminate

Comment

Legalize-It wrote: View Post
          not when you are siging free agents like klezia to patch up holes and hoping to win 30 games, that is not a rebuild.
          It's like he wanted to blow the MLE on something and Kleiza is all he could find. Just like Kapono, I would love to know what other offers Kleiza had on the table. Maybe Denver would've matched but it looks to me they had their eyes set on Harrington (after all, they let Kleiza go to Europe).

Still, too early to declare Kleiza a flop, he's still trying to figure out just what he's being asked to do on the team. Not sure anybody including Triano knows that. Maybe Triano should ask Colangelo, seriously.

Comment

Excellent post about Kleiza signing...how is that in line with rebuilding ?
            That should dead this whole argument...

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
              I just ripped your argument to shreads and you come back with this?

You are weak in debating. It is like dealing with a child who refuses to be rational and instead thinks by screaming the loudest, they are right.

All your questions have already been discussed. It is hilarious the teams you say the Raptors should emulate are WSH and OKC. WSH is going about a rebuild the worst possible way and OKC took 5 seasons. WSH got 1 draft pick (#30) for 3 starters and hardly any young players - just expiring contracts. OKC needed the #2, #5, #4, and #3 draft picks in 3 consecutive seasons to make the 8th seed of the playoffs and this year, 10 games in, with one of the best PG's and best scorers in the league they are 6-4 and in the 8th seed again.

I have never said BC was the best GM in the league as you referred earlier - I said he was one of the best and 2 Executives of the year awards in 9 seasons is pretty good proof of that.

Essentially I am saying BC is a very good GM who has made some mistakes like all GM's but made some very good moves as well. He is no longer working with a doomed situation in Bosh (who is useless next to LBJ and Wade, how did the Raptors ever have a chance?) so he deserves a season or two to turn it around. Look what he did with one season in Phoenix: 2003/04 (29 wins) to 2004/05 (62).

You are arguing BC has done nothing correct which is absurd or refuse to acknowledge he has done anything correct which is juvenille whereas I have acknowledged the guy has made mistakes.

As an aside, the front court of the Wizards is regressing according to Blatche playing 34 minutes, shooting 40% and only averaging 16 points a game. He has also been in the league for 5 seasons now. McGee has not blossomed this year as anticipated. Don't take my word for it though:

http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=17904

http://www.csnwashington.com/11/13/1...057&feedID=273

*EDIT* I should point out OKC would be the best case scenario. In the above I do not think this came through. The point is, they spent 2 years trying to win with non-franchise players (Lewis and Allen) missing the playoffs and being well below .500, three seasons at the bottom of the league, and 5 years after the last post season birth they are in 8th place last year and 8th again this year. Using this case of a 'good' rebuild, the Raptors still have 3 more seasons to even make the playoffs before anyone can start comparing the two teams in their rebuilding efforts.
              it's amazing to see someone drunk on mlse kool-aid

so we are rebuilding AND re-tooling AND competing for a playoff spot at the same time ??

also, trading for a injured j.o. is not being creative... its like if a team traded for gilbert, that team is not creative, they're just stupid.

clearly you disagree...

also, no one said anything about emulating the wizards on their plans on how to rebuild, if you read correctly, the wizards situation was used simply to show that when you decide to rebuild you try to get rid of as many big contracts and old players as you can...

btw, how did blatche play last nite ?

Comment

I just ripped your argument to shreads and you come back with this?

You are weak in debating. It is like dealing with a child who refuses to be rational and instead thinks by screaming the loudest, they are right.

All your questions have already been discussed. It is hilarious the teams you say the Raptors should emulate are WSH and OKC. WSH is going about a rebuild the worst possible way and OKC took 5 seasons. WSH got 1 draft pick (#30) for 3 starters and hardly any young players - just expiring contracts. OKC needed the #2, #5, #4, and #3 draft picks in 3 consecutive seasons to make the 8th seed of the playoffs and this year, 10 games in, with one of the best PG's and best scorers in the league they are 6-4 and in the 8th seed again.

I have never said BC was the best GM in the league as you referred earlier - I said he was one of the best and 2 Executives of the year awards in 9 seasons is pretty good proof of that.

Essentially I am saying BC is a very good GM who has made some mistakes like all GM's but made some very good moves as well. He is no longer working with a doomed situation in Bosh (who is useless next to LBJ and Wade, how did the Raptors ever have a chance?) so he deserves a season or two to turn it around. Look what he did with one season in Phoenix: 2003/04 (29 wins) to 2004/05 (62).

You are arguing BC has done nothing correct which is absurd or refuse to acknowledge he has done anything correct which is juvenille whereas I have acknowledged the guy has made mistakes.

As an aside, the front court of the Wizards is regressing according to Blatche playing 34 minutes, shooting 40% and only averaging 16 points a game. He has also been in the league for 5 seasons now. McGee has not blossomed this year as anticipated. Don't take my word for it though:

http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=17904

http://www.csnwashington.com/11/13/1...057&feedID=273

*EDIT* I should point out OKC would be the best case scenario. In the above I do not think this came through. The point is, they spent 2 years trying to win with non-franchise players (Lewis and Allen) missing the playoffs and being well below .500, three seasons at the bottom of the league, and 5 years after the last post season birth they are in 8th place last year and 8th again this year. Using this case of a 'good' rebuild, the Raptors still have 3 more seasons to even make the playoffs before anyone can start comparing the two teams in their rebuilding efforts.
                can anyone find the point to this post ?

i cant find ONE valid point... you just criticize bosh and the wizards.... which has nothing to do with anything.

and where did i say BC has done nothing correct ? i guarantee you cannot find a single post where i have said that...

so this goes back to your usual habits of just making stuff up...

Comment

For all the BC-haters, what would you have done differently?
                  I wouldn't draft a 7 foot centre whose game is extremely similar to the All-Star I just re-signed for the next 5 years. There's no hindsight here. Either a person gets it or they don't. You don't draft the same type of player that you already have and expect success out of it. Everything that happened after that, whether good or bad, was patchwork with no direction. This year we're seeing the same thing too. Instead of just rebuilding and developing the young talent so that we know where the team stands this guy comes in with his "re-tooling" philosophy BS. Orlando needs retooling. So does San Antonio. Toronto has barely any tools to do any of that.

Comment

nubreed000 wrote: View Post
                    I wouldn't draft a 7 foot centre whose game is extremely similar to the All-Star I just re-signed for the next 5 years. There's no hindsight here. Either a person gets it or they don't. You don't draft the same type of player that you already have and expect success out of it. Everything that happened after that, whether good or bad, was patchwork with no direction. This year we're seeing the same thing too. Instead of just rebuilding and developing the young talent so that we know where the team stands this guy comes in with his "re-tooling" philosophy BS. Orlando needs retooling. So does San Antonio. Toronto has barely any tools to do any of that.
                    hahah nicely put... BC still hasnt learned though... cuz what does he do in 2010 ? draft ANOTHER PF when bargs plays PF.

some people here probably think isiah thomas is a good GM cuz he won a few awards like 20 years ago...

Comment

nubreed000 wrote: View Post
                      Hindsight is such a wonderful thing. It's so blissful. If I asked you who would have drafted, you probably would have said Roy (who's knees are now hamburger, but that's besides the point), which is complete rubbish. Bargnani was considered a top-5 selection for that particular draft.
                      Last edited by MangoKid; Wed Nov 17, 2010, 05:10 PM.

Comment

hahah nicely put... BC still hasnt learned though... cuz what does he do in 2010 ? draft ANOTHER PF when bargs plays PF.

some people here probably think isiah thomas is a good GM cuz he won a few awards like 20 years ago...
                        Considering Davis was scheduled to go top-10 in a lot of mock drafts, Colangelo selecting him at 13 was a no brainer. You always take the best player available, especially where we were drafting.

Comment

Who said anything about Isiah Thomas?

Comment

MangoKid wrote: View Post
                            Who said anything about Isiah Thomas?
                            i did... in the top left corner you can see the name of the poster...

Comment

Bargnani plays power forward? Since when? If you can make one single convincing argument that Bargnani is a PF, I'll never bring it up again.

And Davis was easily the best player available. If you're suggesting that Colangelo should have picked someone less talented simply because he played a different position, I will point you to the fact that Portland passed on Michael Jordan because they already had Clyde Drexler. A less earthshattering example is when Babcock passed on a more talented Iguodala because they already had Vince Carter. In other words, don't criticize someone for doing something smart.
                              Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                              Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
                                Bargnani plays power forward? Since when? If you can make one single convincing argument that Bargnani is a PF, I'll never bring it up again.

And Davis was easily the best player available. If you're suggesting that Colangelo should have picked someone less talented simply because he played a different position, I will point you to the fact that Portland passed on Michael Jordan because they already had Clyde Drexler. A less earthshattering example is when Babcock passed on a more talented Iguodala because they already had Vince Carter. In other words, don't criticize someone for doing something smart.
                                i dont think it's possible for anyone to convince you of anything -

to tell you the truth, im not even sure why you even join an internet forum b/c in your head you know everything and are always right...

Comment

Working...
                                X