No announcement yet.

The Toronto Blue Jays/MLB Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can't see Ezequiel making the Opening day roster.

Pearce/Grandy seem to be a platoon.
    If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• Craig Edwards at Fangraphs with some positivity on the Jays offseason.

https://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/blue...-jaime-garcia/
      If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
        I can't see Ezequiel making the Opening day roster.

Pearce/Grandy seem to be a platoon.
        Yeah.. he kinda sucks as a defensive outfielder but he is at least above the mendoza line as a hitter ...
        BUT
        he makes 1.9M and is 30
        Grandy makes 5 and is 36
        Pearce makes 6 and is 34....

I dunno 3... hold your nose and vote liberal seems to be the answer here..
        Last edited by Demographic Shift; Wed Feb 21, 2018, 07:14 PM.
        There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
        - TGO

Comment

• Zeke could make the roster as an extra outfielder, but I'd be surprised if he was a regular.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Oh signed. Zeke DFA'd.

Comment

Oh signed. Zeke DFA'd.
              Can't wait for the brilliant pun headlines for Oh. I can see em now...

Oh No!
              Oh Canada!
              Oh Baby!
              Oh shines, despite Blue Jays O(or vice versa)

Etc etc etc.. oh man, should be fun.

Comment

• Mack North wrote: View Post
                Can't wait for the brilliant pun headlines for Oh. I can see em now...

Oh No!
                Oh Canada!
                Oh Baby!
                Oh shines, despite Blue Jays O(or vice versa)

Etc etc etc.. oh man, should be fun.
                I see that Ontario MRI's are more accurate that Texas one's? Hope so.

Comment

Oh signed. Zeke DFA'd.
                  Oh my lord.... not that Zeke is a big loss... but I have bad dreams about Pearce watching fly balls drop in for doubles last year when he was out in LF....

Guess this opens up an oppty for one of Anthony Alford or Teoscar Hernandez....
                  - TGO

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                    Oh my lord.... not that Zeke is a big loss... but I have bad dreams about Pearce watching fly balls drop in for doubles last year when he was out in LF....

You must not remember Zeke very clearly if you think this move increases the number of fly balls dropping in for hits.

Could't stand Zeke (in terms of watching him play). As it is he'd have been, what, the 5th outfielder anyway?
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

I'd like to see Teoscar, he had a nice finish to last year.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                        You must not remember Zeke very clearly if you think this move increases the number of fly balls dropping in for hits.

Could't stand Zeke (in terms of watching him play). As it is he'd have been, what, the 5th outfielder anyway?
                        There as that one stretch last year where LF was costing them games. They were putting out Pearce...a callup from AAA ..Smith Jr and Zeke. It was really really heart wrenching...
                        Fly balls fell in
                        Fly balls got lost in the lights.
                        Singles turned into doubles and triples when the ball scooted under iron gloves.
                        They threw behind runners allowing them to advance or missed cutoff men and runs scored.
                        Heart rendering ....

Pearce bless his heart should never see the outfield...and Zeke is gone..which leaves Grandy andmaybe Alford or Hernandez.
                        Here’s hoping one of those three can play the position ...
                        - TGO

Comment

• Mack North wrote: View Post
                          I'd like to see Teoscar, he had a nice finish to last year.
                          Hernandez was crushing home runs during September.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
                          "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
                            Hernandez was crushing home runs during September.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
                            Just saw he was 2-3 today. We need a good young outfielder that can hit... enough of these old men that only hit bombs.

Comment

• https://www.theglobeandmail.com/spor...click=sf_globe

A fairly negative view from Cathal Kelly on the Blue Jays pending ride to obscurity in the AL and the AL East....but it has its merits... He pretty much doesn't talk about the strength of this years team .. its starting pitching ... in that he doesn't mention Sanchez and Strohman or Estrada to make his argument... but make it he does ...

I agree with him on the summary though... that if this team has its usual April slow start and are sub 500 by Victoria Day....that the spectre of 15 thousand people in the stands is very very real... and the ire of the fans which has been welling up for a while... for logical reasons or not... will be taken out on Mark Shapiro....

Opening Day this coming Thursday.. the 29th...... Buckle up....
                              Last edited by Demographic Shift; Sat Mar 24, 2018, 10:43 PM.
                              - TGO

Comment

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/spor...click=sf_globe

A fairly negative view from Cathal Kelly on the Blue Jays pending ride to obscurity in the AL and the AL East....but it has its merits... He pretty much doesn't talk about the strength of this years team .. its starting pitching ... in that he doesn't mention Sanchez and Strohman or Estrada to make his argument... but make it he does ...

I agree with him on the summary though... that if this team has its usual April slow start and are sub 500 by Victoria Day....that the spectre of 15 thousand people in the stands is very very real... and the ire of the fans which has been welling up for a while... for logical reasons or not... will be taken out on Mark Shapiro....

Opening Day this coming Thursday.. the 29th...... Buckle up....
                                Cathal Kelly exemplifies the worst of Toronto. An aura of preening arrogance shrouding a crippling insecurity delivered with exceeding cynicism posing as worldly sophistication.

Hey asshole, you don't live in London, Moscow, Paris or Singapore and you aren't from Manhattan. Get over yourself.

Comment

Working...
                                X