No announcement yet.

Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wonder how much effect Demar's continued improvement to age 29 will have on other players?

He effectively destroys the idea that "you are what you are." He hasn't improved his athleticism very much, if at all. He has improved his strength for sure. But his big improvements in shooting, footwork and ball handling seem to have simply (as if it's simple) come about through the unrelenting, focused repetition of the moves and form he wanted to learn. Virtually anyone can improve like that if they are willing to put in the time and effort.

It seems to me that the Raptors have been drafting based, to a significant degree, on character. Work ethic would be an important aspect of character that they look at. Powell, VV, Delon, OG, Siakim and Jake would all seem to have big doses of work ethic. This has to be a strategy that Masai is following. It would seem that Stackhouse is doing the same with the 905. I believe this is a conscious decision Ujiri has made to maximize production from the lower ranks of the draft.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
      No player has made 7 or more all-stars and not been in the hall. 3 more to go.
      especially if its consecutive.

Comment

• Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
          I have been hard on DeRozan over the years, but this is even more reason why I don't want the Raptors to have anything to do with Vince Carter (ie: jersey retirement, HOF with a Raptors jersey, etc...). Assuming DeRozan remains a Raptor for the rest of his career, he has earned the right to become the first Raptor to be honored in that sort of way.

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
            I have been hard on DeRozan over the years, but this is even more reason why I don't want the Raptors to have anything to do with Vince Carter (ie: jersey retirement, HOF with a Raptors jersey, etc...). Assuming DeRozan remains a Raptor for the rest of his career, he has earned the right to become the first Raptor to be honored in that sort of way.
            I wonder what Derozan thinks of Vince?

Comment

• Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post

Did he like the shot-clock lady though?

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
                    I wonder how much effect Demar's continued improvement to age 29 will have on other players?

He effectively destroys the idea that "you are what you are." He hasn't improved his athleticism very much, if at all. He has improved his strength for sure. But his big improvements in shooting, footwork and ball handling seem to have simply (as if it's simple) come about through the unrelenting, focused repetition of the moves and form he wanted to learn. Virtually anyone can improve like that if they are willing to put in the time and effort.

It seems to me that the Raptors have been drafting based, to a significant degree, on character. Work ethic would be an important aspect of character that they look at. Powell, VV, Delon, OG, Siakim and Jake would all seem to have big doses of work ethic. This has to be a strategy that Masai is following. It would seem that Stackhouse is doing the same with the 905. I believe this is a conscious decision Ujiri has made to maximize production from the lower ranks of the draft.
                    it's interesting you mention footwork. Keven Durant has be said to admire and study demars footwork to incorporate in to his game.

Comment

• Mamba Mentality

Comment

Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

Awesome article
                          OG is our king

Comment

• Mark Kreigel is a great writer. His book on Pete Maravich is excellent.

Comment

• Last week's Open Gym on DeMar was probably in here somewhere, I only just watched it:

https://youtu.be/bYO_CTLsoD4

Sent from my LG-H933 using Tapatalk
                              "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• I hope he's OK

"Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

Working...
                                X