No announcement yet.

Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowry and Serge have to show up for us to win. I have no doubt that the Raptors will be pumped and ready for this game. They have to lock them down from the get go. No trading buckets in the first, make the Rockets feel you on both ends of the court.

Comment

• This dude should be in the MVP conversation - top 5 maybe even top 3. And I think the way he's played this year, he should be in the second All NBA team.
      Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
        This dude should be in the MVP conversation - top 5 maybe even top 3. And I think the way he's played this year, he should be in the second All NBA team.

Top 5 forsure especially with AD injury. Guards ahead of him for All NBA: Harden, Westbrook, Curry...Butler is ehhh and Irving should be a no based on standings. He's got a real shot, 3rd team forsure

Incredible that these are even sentences. He's a straight alpha dog now.
        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• DeRozan should be #2 in the MVP conversation right now. Harden is obviously #1, Curry and Durant are disqualified because of how stacked their team is. DeRozan has been the best player on the next best team after Houston and Golden State. Tbh if we were the Knicks, he would win MVP this season.

Comment

• second team for sure.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
              Top 5 forsure especially with AD injury. Guards ahead of him for All NBA: Harden, Westbrook, Curry...Butler is ehhh and Irving should be a no based on standings. He's got a real shot, 3rd team forsure

Incredible that these are even sentences. He's a straight alpha dog now.
              He's got an argument to be over Westbrook based on team success, but that probably won't happen. It will likely be Harden and Curry on the first team, and DeMar vs Irving for a spot on the second team alongside Westbrook
              The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• The Ringer show with a bit about DeMar MVP and a bunch on the Raptors, about 9 minutes total.

https://www.theringer.com/2018/3/8/1...-anthony-davis
                If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• How valuable has DD been to the Raptors compared to James to Cleveland or Harden to Houston? DD's been great, but isn't it a bit of everything that makes the Raptors go? I mean take away our bench and what do you have?

To me its a race between Lebron and Harden. You take Harden away from Houston and they still have a pretty good team, but no where close to the best team in the league (Paul is super awesome, but to me they are the Clippers without Harden). You take James away from Cleveland and they are a lottery team. DD's value can't compare to the value these two are bringing to their respective teams.

So if we want to consider DD the 3rd most valuable player in the league you could argue that. Although I would probably rank it like this:

1. Harden
                  2. Lebron
                  3. Davis
                  4. DeRozan
                  5. Irving

NOLA was basically hovering around 10-7 all season long in the West. Cousins goes down, and now you have NOLA in 4th place in the West. That's home court in the first round all on Davis' shoulders.

** Curry/Durant cancel each other out so are disqualified.

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
                    DeRozan should be #2 in the MVP conversation right now. Harden is obviously #1, Curry and Durant are disqualified because of how stacked their team is. DeRozan has been the best player on the next best team after Houston and Golden State. Tbh if we were the Knicks, he would win MVP this season.
                    Too simplistic. We have the best bench in the NBA and 3 top 50 players starting alongside him

Comment

• Dr. James Naismith wrote:
                      Doug's mighty peeved this morning. Thinks Antoine should be the starter over DeMar and Weems be the first wing off the bench. Wants to see how that would work for the last 13 games of the season.

Thoughts?

Source - Click here
                      This post is so hilarious 8 years later

Comment

• Amazing what a 42 point game on ESPN will do for a guy trying to earn some respect.

Sent from my LG-H933 using Tapatalk
                        "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                          Amazing what a 42 point game on ESPN will do for a guy trying to earn some respect.

Sent from my LG-H933 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Was Demar 3rd team last year or 2nd
                            Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

• Abbas wrote: View Post
                              Was Demar 3rd team last year or 2nd
                              3rd

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                                How valuable has DD been to the Raptors compared to James to Cleveland or Harden to Houston? DD's been great, but isn't it a bit of everything that makes the Raptors go? I mean take away our bench and what do you have?

To me its a race between Lebron and Harden. You take Harden away from Houston and they still have a pretty good team, but no where close to the best team in the league (Paul is super awesome, but to me they are the Clippers without Harden). You take James away from Cleveland and they are a lottery team. DD's value can't compare to the value these two are bringing to their respective teams.

So if we want to consider DD the 3rd most valuable player in the league you could argue that. Although I would probably rank it like this:

1. Harden
                                2. Lebron
                                3. Davis
                                4. DeRozan
                                5. Irving

NOLA was basically hovering around 10-7 all season long in the West. Cousins goes down, and now you have NOLA in 4th place in the West. That's home court in the first round all on Davis' shoulders.

** Curry/Durant cancel each other out so are disqualified.
                                I'm not giving a fucking MVP award to LeBron or Davis for teams that aren't even on pace for 50 wins right now.

There needs to be some bare minimum standard of team success.

Comment

Working...
                                X