Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• golden wrote: View Post
    I don't see the MVP dis-respect, because it really has been more of a team effort this year, than DeMar elevating the team. Now, if you look at what Anthony Davis is doing... that's a classic MVP type of candidate. Raps are all about system, talent depth and kumbaya. You can't give DeMar too much credit for that.
    the thing is though, if the raps existed anywhere south of the border, demar would be getting serious MVP consideration no doubt. Plus Demar has improved almost every aspect of his game this season, and that has helped the team get to where they are. You can't give too much credit to the role players...teams go the way of their stars, and we've seen that first hand in the playoffs in previous seasons.

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
      Couldn't believe that either but was too frustrated to post it. Harden/Lebron/Curry/Davis? Sure. Maybe Giannis but he's putting up all these stats on an 8th place team. Lillard is doing the same. Irving may be doing it for a second place team...but what about the guy in 1st?! Troll job i believe.
      Portland is 9-1 in their last 10 and looking great, Lillard is a true candidate bud

Comment

• Superjudge wrote: View Post
        Portland is 9-1 in their last 10 and looking great, Lillard is a true candidate bud
        see above

Comment

• Kinda funny how we get so outraged that we don't get noticed because we're not a big hype team, then a bunch of us do the same for Portland because they're not a big hype team.
          If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
            Too simplistic. We have the best bench in the NBA and 3 top 50 players starting alongside him
            You put JV in the top 50? I agree completely and bless your heart!

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
              Kinda funny how we get so outraged that we don't get noticed because we're not a big hype team, then a bunch of us do the same for Portland because they're not a big hype team.
              In fairness, i think they were in 6th or 7th a few games ago. The west, not unlike the east, is so bunched up in the middle that you can sneeze and jump four places

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
                In fairness, i think they were in 6th or 7th a few games ago. The west, not unlike the east, is so bunched up in the middle that you can sneeze and jump four places
                That's kinda my point. The only team with a longer winning streak than us is Portland. And Lilliards numbers are as good as or better than DD's. But people ( not just you) don't notice because they're not a hype team and Lilliard is more snub than hype.
                If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• Yep, Lillard is a quiet, no shit kinda guy. Love the guy really. The NBA doesn't like him though.,

Comment

• That ESPN MVP ranking is a joke. But then again they ranked DeRozan as the 36th best player in the NBA back in the offseason.

If DeRozan or Lillard was a Laker, all the media hype guys will put them up there with Harden in the MVP convo.

When the Celtics were in 1st place earlier in the year, everyone was talking about Kyrie as Harden's biggest rival for the award. He was consistently in the top 3. Raps are now in 1st and DeRozan did not even crack the top 8? lol
                    Mamba Mentality

Comment

• IMO it should be:

Harden
                      LeBron
                      DeRozan
                      Lillard
                      Davis

The 2 Warriors players and Irving have no business being in this conversation.
                      Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                        That ESPN MVP ranking is a joke. But then again they ranked DeRozan as the 36th best player in the NBA back in the offseason.

If DeRozan or Lillard was a Laker, all the media hype guys will put them up there with Harden in the MVP convo.

When the Celtics were in 1st place earlier in the year, everyone was talking about Kyrie as Harden's biggest rival for the award. He was consistently in the top 3. Raps are now in 1st and DeRozan did not even crack the top 8? lol
                        This is exactly my issue. It's not like Kyrie is elevating Boston the way LeBron elevates Cleveland or Davis elevates the Pelicans. They have a great system like we do because of Stevens and maximize all their role players (especially on defense). Despite that he was still the clear #2 for the award, and I even saw places that were ranking him #1 when Boston had the best record.

DeRozan is in that exact same position right now, so he should get the same ranking. It's just clear, blatantly biased commentary.

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
                          This is exactly my issue. It's not like Kyrie is elevating Boston the way LeBron elevates Cleveland or Davis elevates the Pelicans. They have a great system like we do because of Stevens and maximize all their role players (especially on defense). Despite that he was still the clear #2 for the award, and I even saw places that were ranking him #1 when Boston had the best record.

DeRozan is in that exact same position right now, so he should get the same ranking. It's just clear, blatantly biased commentary.
                          i am not disagreeing with what your saying but i think playing with kyle may hurt if voters use the curry / Durant model of thinking

Comment

• rightsideup wrote: View Post
                            i am not disagreeing with what your saying but i think playing with kyle may hurt if voters use the curry / Durant model of thinking
                            Yeah it's not like Boston also had two all stars...
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                              Yeah it's not like Boston also had two all stars...
                              Horford BARELY counts.

Comment

• Mamba Mentality

Comment

Working...
                                X