Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DanH wrote: View Post
    Not for garbage. For good things.
    Well, MOST of the trade proposal here are DeRozan for garbage players/picks. So....
    Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
      Well, MOST of the trade proposal here are DeRozan for garbage players/picks. So....
      Then that's his value
      Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Blow. It. Up.

Comment

• Sonny wrote: View Post
          Blow. It. Up.
          Wouldn't stop you from complaining and talking shit about the team every single day
          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• DeRozan wet the bed against CLE. But he's still a great player. And i don't care what Barolt say, DeRozan was the Raps best player in the reg season not Lowry. Everyone who watches the game can see that. DeRozan being named 2nd All NBA team proved that.

You just don't trade that player for role players or the 10th overall pick LOL. I wouldn't even trade him for the 4th overall pick. This draft is a crapshoot after the top 3.
            Mamba Mentality

Comment

DeRozan wet the bed against CLE. But he's still a great player. And i don't care what Barolt say, DeRozan was the Raps best player in the reg season not Lowry. Everyone who watches the game can see that. DeRozan being named 2nd All NBA team proved that.

You just don't trade that player for role players or the 10th overall pick LOL. I wouldn't even trade him for the 4th overall pick. This draft is a crapshoot after the top 3.
              People who post here have no patience, and I guess I can understand. We want it now, we want stuff to talk about. Masai plays the long game, and has a very high pressure job. He's not going to dump Derozan for the shit that's been suggested

You trade Derozan for pick, now you have to trade Lowry, and you're still at the cap because you had to take a bunch of crap back, and now you have a bunch of crap with no identity, still capped out, still like a .500 team with the bench plus the cap filler that came back, but yay you've got 1 late lottery pick this year!

Blow what up, exactly?

Comment

Not for garbage. For good things.
                Very debatable whether Andrew Wiggins on a max contract is "a good thing"
                That is a normal collar. Move on, find a new slant.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                  People who post here have no patience, and I guess I can understand. We want it now, we want stuff to talk about. Masai plays the long game, and has a very high pressure job. He's not going to dump Derozan for the shit that's been suggested

You trade Derozan for pick, now you have to trade Lowry, and you're still at the cap because you had to take a bunch of crap back, and now you have a bunch of crap with no identity, still capped out, still like a .500 team with the bench plus the cap filler that came back, but yay you've got 1 late lottery pick this year!

Blow what up, exactly?
                  Who here is suggesting we trade both DeMar and Lowry and do that for one late lotto pick? That would be super dumb.

There are several directions to go in with a DeMar trade, some of which would necessitate a Lowry trade (though not necessarily immediately) and some of which would not. And no one should be advocating for DeMar being traded for substandard return. Don't frame the discussion here around OldSkool's post. That's an outlier, even among those who are open about wanting to tear the team down.
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Other Scott wrote: View Post
                    Very debatable whether Andrew Wiggins on a max contract is "a good thing"
                    Yes, it is. And a debate that's worth having.

Of course, I haven't proposed a straight up DeMar for Wiggins trade either.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Wow few guys from the East on this list, congrats to DeMar!

Comment

• Would the Warriors, Pacers, T-Wolves or OKC trade their third team player for DeRozan? Nope.
                        your pal,
                        ebrian

Comment

Who here is suggesting we trade both DeMar and Lowry and do that for one late lotto pick? That would be super dumb.

There are several directions to go in with a DeMar trade, some of which would necessitate a Lowry trade (though not necessarily immediately) and some of which would not. And no one should be advocating for DeMar being traded for substandard return. Don't frame the discussion here around OldSkool's post. That's an outlier, even among those who are open about wanting to tear the team down.
                          What scenario could you keep Lowry? First off, he's most likely gonna be extremely disgruntled, as he is at the best of times. Secondly, even if we wasn't disgruntled, if we trade Derozan and get back salary filler that's gonna play on the exact same team minus Derozan, we're gonna win 40 some games and what did we even accomplish?

The only reasonable Demar trade at this franchises fork in the road (which I am all for) is a lateral move to another team that needs a shakeup...a Beal, a McCollum type, a package for Leonard in a pipe dream, etc..

Comment

What scenario could you keep Lowry? First off, he's most likely gonna be extremely disgruntled, as he is at the best of times. Secondly, even if we wasn't disgruntled, if we trade Derozan and get back salary filler that's gonna play on the exact same team minus Derozan, we're gonna win 40 some games and what did we even accomplish?

The only reasonable Demar trade at this franchises fork in the road (which I am all for) is a lateral move to another team that needs a shakeup...a Beal, a McCollum type, a package for Leonard in a pipe dream, etc..
                            Again it depends on the trade. Wes Matthews + #5 was brought up. Wes is older and injury prone. But he's a pretty good defender and 3pt shooter. Two qualities this team needs (assuming we continue to play the offense we had last season). If we win, Lowry will be happy. If we lose Lowry will want out. I don't think that makes us that much worse. Maybe we'd be a 50'ish win team over a 59'ish win team.

But in the playoffs I think we'd be better off.

Now if we do a DD for Parsons + #4 pick that is what would be bad. Parsons only plays like 40% of his games. And I don't see him as a starter more like a decent backup. We'd be a 45'ish team maybe.. and Lowry would pout.

I think winning matters more than DD's friendship for Lowry. And I think a draft pick with the right players in a DD trade could continue our winning ways.

Comment

What we accomplished is we got a high draft pick or other high upside return for DeRozan.

I agree that a package for Leonard would be very nice. A deal for Beal would certainly be interesting. I disagree that those are the only reasonable trades to make.

Where is this certainty that Lowry needs to be moved? Lowry has been disgruntled for like half his career here. If a Lowry return would be very good, you move him. If it's not, what is the downside of not moving him? Worried his disgruntled play will make the team even worse than your projected 40 wins? Wouldn't that accomplish exactly what you are saying wouldn't have been accomplished by a DeMar trade?

You try to move players when their value is highest in trade relative to their value to the team. So, to answer your question, the scenario where you could keep Lowry is every scenario. Players can't actually force their way out (outside of the most super of superstars), and I don't believe for a second that Lowry would try to just because DeMar was traded. Nor do I believe Masai is the sort to capitulate if Lowry were to try something.

In any case, even if you do try to find Lowry a landing spot in the scenario where DeMar is traded for a pick, in other middle ground scenarios there is no reason to. Trade DeMar for a Wiggins type return, you can still sell Lowry on the new coach and a young star coming in, enough to buy you a year to try it, anyway. Trade DeMar for a lateral move and the sell for Lowry is obvious. All of these are options and none of them really force the team's hand anywhere else. Certainly in no scenario do you trade Lowry for limited to no value as implied by your post. If you are going to do that, and the only alternative is Lowry poisoning the locker room (again, a scenario I simply don't see as probable), you just tell him not to report and carry his contract as dead weight.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

DeRozan wet the bed against CLE. But he's still a great player. And i don't care what Barolt say, DeRozan was the Raps best player in the reg season not Lowry. Everyone who watches the game can see that. DeRozan being named 2nd All NBA team proved that.

Exactly. He’s not good enough in the superstar 1A role but he’s a fucking second team all nba swingman in his prime. You can get real value for that you don’t just dump him because he can’t 3+d like a moron.

Comment

Working...
                                X