Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mess wrote: View Post

And Gordon H will probably be 20 spots higher than DD on ESPN too. Crazy.
    Because he's a Celtic now. But DeRozan is a better player than Hayward.
    Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
      I struggle with this. It depends on what your team needs. They are very close in ability.

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
        I struggle with this. It depends on what your team needs. They are very close in ability.
        Like whether they need a SG or a SF?

I mean it's eerie how similar their stats are - except DeMar scores a lot more. He even had a higher AST% than Gordon which I was surprised by. The eye test is better for Gordo (going to assume) but any numbers can't be trusted because you can't fully remove the Gobert factor.
        Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

Btw, ESPN just ranked DD #39. Some of the players that are ahead of him - Middleton, Crowder, Turner, Walker.
          Crowder too?????????????

I'm done trying to rationalize this shit.. lol

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
            Crowder too?????????????

I'm done trying to rationalize this shit.. lol
            It's bias towards us because were in a "Canadian Market" & a lot of these guys don't watch our games on a regular basis. If they did, DeRozan becomes properly rated & gets massive respect.
            Axel wrote:
            Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
            KeonClark wrote:
            We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
            KeonClark wrote:
            I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• Same thing with Patterson. Now that he's not a Raptor media is talking about him
              Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Btw, ESPN just ranked DD #39. Some of the players that are ahead of him - Middleton, Crowder, Turner, Walker.
                Walker yes, but Middleton, Crowder and Turner? I can only reason that they put a tonne of value on Lowry and believe he carries this team on his own.

Comment

• Meh, it's also the effect of love for the new NBA, 3+D are obviously being weighted heavily for wing players (Middleton) and it's just as hip to mock volume scorers as it is to make fun of Coldplay.

Interestingly, weak D at any other position seems to be much less of a concern than at SG/SF. Players are being judged against trendy archetypes rather than on their own actual merits.
                  "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Hayward was a beast in the playoffs. I think the perception/reality that Lowry and DD don't show up in the playoffs is hurting them a lot. That's where reputations are made.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                      Hayward was a beast in the playoffs. I think the perception/reality that Lowry and DD don't show up in the playoffs is hurting them a lot. That's where reputations are made.
                      They can both shut the doubters up by showing up in the playoffs. Of course it would help if Casey actually came up with a few twists for the playoffs. It's not all on Casey, but when you can point to two players on the team who are going to face constant double teams, as a coach you need to ensure there are outlets available.

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                        Meh, it's also the effect of love for the new NBA, 3+D are obviously being weighted heavily for wing players (Middleton) and it's just as hip to mock volume scorers as it is to make fun of Coldplay.
                        And it's stupid. Give me DeRozan over Crowder anyday of the week and twice on sundays lol. This is like a no brainer. Not even an argument.
                        Last edited by The Great One; Wed Sep 13, 2017, 10:09 PM.
                        Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Carmelo Anthony is another one. ESPN ranked him #64 lol. There are not 63 players better than Carmelo Anthony. Ahead of him are guys like Danny Green and Jrue Holiday etc...lol
                          Mamba Mentality

Comment

Carmelo Anthony is another one. ESPN ranked him #64 lol. There are not 63 players better than Carmelo Anthony. Ahead of him are guys like Danny Green and Jrue Holiday etc...lol
                            The worst is putting rookies like Lonzo Ball ahead of Carmelo. Just the height of disrespect in my opinion

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                              Meh, it's also the effect of love for the new NBA, 3+D are obviously being weighted heavily for wing players (Middleton) and it's just as hip to mock volume scorers as it is to make fun of Coldplay.
                              The guys at ESPN, at least, are big on OnCourt impact. But, people more focused on how a player impacts his team's record than his individual skills don't disparage "volume scorers" in general. It's inefficient volume scorers that they often don't rate as highly. You don't see advanced analytics having a problem with LeBron or Westbrook or Steph Curry - they are always at or near the top of RPM.

DD is without question a tremendous individual scorer and an above average offensive player over-all. Draws lots of free-throws, which is very valuable. But, he doesn't shoot the three well or spread the court for teammates. He gets trapped and commits a lot of turnovers for both himself and teammates and is not a good passer for a guard. Most importantly his defence is way below what it should be (although I blame most of that on mollycoddling by Casey and Ujiri)

Over-all, I would say his rankings are reasonable, given that he is a marquee player who sells tickets and merchandise. As far as generating wins, I would rank him lower.
                              Last edited by BrieflySpeaking; Thu Sep 14, 2017, 02:10 AM.

Comment

• If this logic applies in the 90's they'd probably rank 3D Dennis Scott ahead of guys like Allen Iverson. Lol. What a joke.
                                Mamba Mentality

Comment

Working...
                                X