I would trade both

3 team deal

Timberwolves get
    - Kawhi, Jakob, and Lowry

Raptors get
    - Wiggins, salary fillers

Spurs get
    - KAT, Raps 2nd rounder, Timberwolves 2nd

With this trade, Raptors get rid with Lowry's horrendous contract (essentially untradeable like Ibaka) and get a young star in the making back. We unfortunately lose Jakob but I think wiggins is worth it.

I see wiggins a better version of Rudy Gay / Demar DeRozan in his absolute prime. Some like a 26/6/4/2/0.5 guy with decent percentages (47%, 38%, 85%) and above average defense (hopefully it develops)
    Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

• Abbas wrote: View Post
      I would trade both

3 team deal

Timberwolves get
      - Kawhi, Jakob, and Lowry

Raptors get
      - Wiggins, salary fillers

Spurs get
      - KAT, Raps 2nd rounder, Timberwolves 2nd

With this trade, Raptors get rid with Lowry's horrendous contract (essentially untradeable like Ibaka) and get a young star in the making back. We unfortunately lose Jakob but I think wiggins is worth it.

I see wiggins a better version of Rudy Gay / Demar DeRozan in his absolute prime. Some like a 26/6/4/2/0.5 guy with decent percentages (47%, 38%, 85%) and above average defense (hopefully it develops)
      Wiggins contract is way worse than Lowry's. This trade is pretty awful for the Raptors.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
        Wiggins contract is way worse than Lowry's. This trade is pretty awful for the Raptors.
        Don’t be surprise, poster is a Derozan lifer so any trade including the kitchen sink but Derozan. Lol.

To say that Derozan is an above average defender says it all, haha.

Comment

• I want Kawhi to be completely honest MU ain’t good enough to get him tho

Comment

• grindhouse wrote: View Post
            I want Kawhi to be completely honest MU ain’t good enough to get him tho
            I'm not sure if you mean, "completely honest" (about getting Leonard) or "completely honest" (about Masai not being good enough) so I'll just respond to both.

We have very little chance to land Leonard; it's a pipe dream. This has nothing to do with Masai, rather the simple fact that the Spurs are proven roster builders and perennial contenders. If anything, they will be considering a tank themselves and if that is the case, will be looking to retool with picks or young talent. The Spurs' pedigree is that of consistent roster moves designed to fit their system and style of play. We just don't have the assets to offer that particular team. The other posts targeting draft picks and terrible salaries are far more plausible.

What exactly has Masai done to earn your negative evaluation? The team has steadily improved under his guidance (something it has never done) resigned two All-Stars (something it historically struggled to do) and gave us a legitimate chance to emerge from the East for the first time ever (not his fault the team Shit the bed). He has done a great job with the hand he was dealt and continues to make solid, if not flashy, roster decisions. Worst case scenario we are a competitive team with this core until our large contracts disappear in 2020 - just two short years away - then have the cap room to do what we wish. I'm not saying you need to agree or enjoy the state of the team as I do, but at least give the man some props for his success.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
              Interesting thoughts on a DD for Wiggins trade from a Wolves fan base perspective. The main theme is that Wiggins contract is an albatross, while Demar is a bonafide top 20 talent in the NBA. They suggest that the Raps could unload Ibaka in the same deal. Demar has a ton of value around the league to a lot of teams..... except vs Lebron in the playoffs.

https://dunkingwithwolves.com/2018/0...n-trade/amp/1/
              I also think derozan might be more dangerous as a third option. I always thought the problem for him was he’s too high up on the totem pole here because there’s no one else who can handle that volume

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
                I also think derozan might be more dangerous as a third option. I always thought the problem for him was he’s too high up on the totem pole here because there’s no one else who can handle that volume
                The problem with this theory is that he's not an off-ball threat, at all. So when he's out there while someone else is initiating the offense, he is providing no value and in fact collapsing the floor for that other creator.
                twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
                  The problem with this theory is that he's not an off-ball threat, at all. So when he's out there while someone else is initiating the offense, he is providing no value and in fact collapsing the floor for that other creator.
                  He doesn't need to be an off ball threat to fit well on good teams though. The Cavs have struggled mightily because they only have one guy who can create, give them Demar as a second option and they would excel imo. Thats why I kind of like the Memphis trade, even at their peak they needed another great creator on offense. Also why I think that saying his best use is 6man is overstating his faults too much, teams need guys who can create.

Comment

• DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
                    He doesn't need to be an off ball threat to fit well on good teams though. The Cavs have struggled mightily because they only have one guy who can create, give them Demar as a second option and they would excel imo. Thats why I kind of like the Memphis trade, even at their peak they needed another great creator on offense. Also why I think that saying his best use is 6man is overstating his faults too much, teams need guys who can create.
                    No, they wouldn't excel. LeBron is at his best with 4 shooters around him, this has been true his entire career. DeMar isn't a shooter.

You really want to take the ball out of LeBron's hands so DeMar can iso?

Comment

• DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
                      Well on Memphis DeMar would be the #1 option because Gasol is getting old and Conley was never much of a pure scorer, being more of a typical 2-way PG. DeMar would have the ball in his hands a lot, much like in Toronto.

In other situations he would be an awkward fit. He is just not a good off-the-ball player. Being a below average shooter is a real problem if you're going to be a wing and play off the ball. It wouldn't be like when Irving was in Cleveland, as he could shoot the ball. It would be like a much worse version of the first year of Miami LeBron. Prime Wade was a much better player than DeMar, and the fact that there wasn't enough shooting around LeBron was still a big enough problem that it was a big reason they lost in the Finals that year.

Comment

• Sacramento may actually be a better fit than Memphis for DeMar. Closer to LA and his dad.. plus he can be the man in Sacramento like he was in Toronto. The Kings would love a character guy like DeMar representing them. Complete 180 from the days when Cousins was there.

ZBo/Bogdan/Giles for DeMar/Norm + #2.

Gives Masai a lot more options at the 2 in the draft and not have to settle for a bad contract like Parsons.

ZBo would be a great veteran mentor to have especially in the playoffs as well.

Comment

No, they wouldn't excel. LeBron is at his best with 4 shooters around him, this has been true his entire career. DeMar isn't a shooter.

You really want to take the ball out of LeBron's hands so DeMar can iso?
                          Entire career? Lebron had 4 straight finals and 2 chips with Wade as his sidekick. DWade pretty much a direct comparable to DeMar. If anything, you always hear Lebron moaning about how the Cavs need to sign another playmaker every year right before the trade deadline. You can easily see how badly Lebron misses Kyrie this year.

Comment

Doesn't have to be a catch and shoot player to be a 3rd option. There have been many teams where secondary and tertiary options weren't really off-ball guys at all.

The main problem with DeMar is we have him in the superstar role when he isn't a superstar.

Comment

Entire career? Lebron had 4 straight finals and 2 chips with Wade as his sidekick. DWade pretty much a direct comparable to DeMar. If anything, you always hear Lebron moaning about how the Cavs need to sign another playmaker every year right before the trade deadline. You can easily see how badly Lebron misses Kyrie this year.
                              Barolt has a serious agenda so he can't even think past DeRozan being useless on any kind of winning team.

I could easily see DeRozan thriving next to LeBron in the role that Kyrie and even Wade had. Neither of those guys are very good off-ball players, nor were they particularly good defenders when they played with LeBron (Wade was ok but declined during the Heatles era, Kyrie around DeMar's level).

Comment

Do you seriously believe this part? That DeMar is on the same level as Heat Wade?

Comment

Working...
                                X