Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TRex wrote: View Post
    You wouldn't trade him for LeBron? lol ok now i've really seen it all. Smfh.

As I wrote... Being a fan is for me more emotional than based on success. I don‘t expect you to understand this.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
      I’d rather he be a better basketball player than a good person. I don’t know him personally. I root for him as a fan of the Raptors.
      Me too. I root for him as the player he is and not as the player I wish him to be. That‘s not only true for Demar but all Raptors player. That‘s what matters for me when I‘m a fan.

Comment

• Derozan’s Defense is terrible. Needs to improve.

Last year it was Tony Snell, this year it’s kyle Korver. As the league evolves, ball movement and 3 point shooting will continue to grow in importance and Derozan can’t let his man look like Steph Curry.

Comment

• Rudy Bargnani wrote: View Post
          Derozan’s Defense is terrible. Needs to improve.

Last year it was Tony Snell, this year it’s kyle Korver. As the league evolves, ball movement and 3 point shooting will continue to grow in importance and Derozan can’t let his man look like Steph Curry.
          It's always been a problem. Not sure it ever improves. There's a reason guys like Henderson and McDermott always go off on us. DeMar hasn't even been asked to play D since basically his rookie year. It's on him though. As much as I love finding reasons to shit on Casey, and yeah, sure, he should have been holding DeMar accountable...It also shouldn't take the coach to make your Kobe-wannabe give a crap about D.

If you're going to take possessions off on D, you better be a Curry or Harden level of offensive player. As good as DeMar is, he's not close to being in their league still.
          Last edited by white men can't jump; Sun May 6, 2018, 09:02 PM.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
            It's always been a problem. Not sure it ever improves. There's a reason guys like Henderson and McDermott always go off on us. DeMar hasn't even been asked to play D since basically his rookie year. It's on him though. As much as I love finding reasons to shit on Casey, and yeah, sure, he should have been holding DeMar accountable...It also shouldn't take the coach to make your Kobe-wannabe give a crap about D.

If you're going to take possessions off on D, you better be a Curry or Harden level of offensive player. As good as DeMar is, he's not close to being in their league still.
            I don't think it would be a stretch to think that it goes beyond that. One year at USC (not exactly a Coach K or Tom Izzo program) and high school probably didn't do much defending either. Habits are hard to break and Demar's defence has been ingrained in him for years. I would take a really strong voice (new coach) and a real commitment from Demar to have a chance.
            Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• gk17 wrote: View Post
              Perhaps Europeans have another idea of being a fan... a more emotional than based on success. I wouldn‘t want to swap. When Liverpool-fans sing „you‘ll never walk alone“ it comes from their heart. „We the north“ seems to be more of a marketing slogan.
              WeTheNorth is 100% a marketing slogan.

Comment

Perhaps Europeans have another idea of being a fan... a more emotional than based on success. I wouldn‘t want to swap. When Liverpool-fans sing „you‘ll never walk alone“ it comes from their heart. „We the north“ seems to be more of a marketing slogan.
                Nilanka wrote: View Post
                duh

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                  But it is also used differently. Just one example:

Comment

But it is also used differently. Just one example:

This tweet is simply proof that the marketing campaign is working

Comment

This tweet is simply proof that the marketing campaign is working
                      But for this guy it's not only a marketing slogan.

Comment

• Comment

But for this guy it's not only a marketing slogan.
                          That's what I mean. The marketing campaign worked. It's convinced a bunch of people to think it means something more than an overrated basketball team.

The #WeTheNorth era is hanging by a thread. As soon as this core is broken up, I don't think we'll see much of it during the rebuilding years. We'll eventually have new uniforms, with a brand new marketing campaign, allowing us to look back at #WeTheNorth with as much fondness as playing basketball in the SkyDome.

Comment

That's what I mean. The marketing campaign worked. It's convinced a bunch of people to think it means something more than an overrated basketball team.

The #WeTheNorth era is hanging by a thread. As soon as this core is broken up, I don't think we'll see much of it during the rebuilding years. We'll eventually have new uniforms, with a brand new marketing campaign, allowing us to look back at #WeTheNorth with as much fondness as playing basketball in the SkyDome.
                            You could be right, but I'm not sure. I think, people would love a home-grown/drafted Raptors team.

Comment

You could be right, but I'm not sure. I think, people would love a home-grown/drafted Raptors team.
                              Myself included. But I'm ready for the next chapter of home grown heroes.

Comment

Myself included. But I'm ready for the next chapter of home grown heroes.
                                I would love to see it too. But I'm not ready to give up a home-grown guy like Demar (or Jonas, or Powell,...).

PS: That may sound weird as I'm from Austria ;-)

Comment

Working...
                                X