No announcement yet.

Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow, huge congratulations to Demar on All-NBA 2nd Team. Pretty sure that's the first time we've had a player on the 2nd Team since Vince in 2001. Love it. Dude deserves it.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
      Wow, huge congratulations to Demar on All-NBA 2nd Team. Pretty sure that's the first time we've had a player on the 2nd Team since Vince in 2001. Love it. Dude deserves it.
      Bosh got it once

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
        People who post here have no patience, and I guess I can understand. We want it now, we want stuff to talk about. Masai plays the long game, and has a very high pressure job. He's not going to dump Derozan for the shit that's been suggested

You trade Derozan for pick, now you have to trade Lowry, and you're still at the cap because you had to take a bunch of crap back, and now you have a bunch of crap with no identity, still capped out, still like a .500 team with the bench plus the cap filler that came back, but yay you've got 1 late lottery pick this year!

Blow what up, exactly?
        No patience? We've been waiting five years for Masai to bring in a player that can raise the ceiling of this team.

What do you think this team should look like two years from now after the "window"?

When everything comes off the books we will likely have no high picks and OG/Poeltl/Siakam as our only assets.

You start the process now and you have a couple picks from trades and you improve the value of our own picks going forward. You also fast track the development of OG/Poeltl/Pascal by putting the ball in their hands.

But it's all moot. Chances are Masai wants to evaluate how the roster looks under the new coach and make minor tweaks. Nothing he has said indicates he thinks there are fundamental problems with the roster.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
          Wow, huge congratulations to Demar on All-NBA 2nd Team. Pretty sure that's the first time we've had a player on the 2nd Team since Vince in 2001. Love it. Dude deserves it.
          this will improve his chances on getting to the HOF one day. hopefully he can get a couple more All-NBA before retirement.

the hate for him on this page is ridiculous, it's almost like people want him to fail so they can hate.
          Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
            No patience? We've been waiting five years for Masai to bring in a player that can raise the ceiling of this team.

What do you think this team should look like two years from now after the "window"?

When everything comes off the books we will likely have no high picks and OG/Poeltl/Siakam as our only assets.

You start the process now and you have a couple picks from trades and you improve the value of our own picks going forward. You also fast track the development of OG/Poeltl/Pascal by putting the ball in their hands.

But it's all moot. Chances are Masai wants to evaluate how the roster looks under the new coach and make minor tweaks. Nothing he has said indicates he thinks there are fundamental problems with the roster.
            did not mean to like this post.

but you do know the in the last 6 years the only teams to win a championship were
            Spurs 1 time, and the others were a team with LeBron on it would GSW.

What if we tank and two super teams get developed again.What do we do then, tank again?
            Abbas wrote:

Comment

• 2nd in Estimated Wins Added.
              2nd in Value Added.
              4th in Player Efficiency Rating.

http://insider.espn.com/nba/hollinge...n/sg/sort/VORP
              Abbas wrote:

Comment

• DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post

Wow few guys from the East on this list, congrats to DeMar!
                Wow. He beat out Curry, Butler and PG. Like I’ve been saying: against anybody but Lebron and only in the playoffs.... DeMar is an NBA stud. He has huge trade value around the league for many teams.

@Scraptor: don’t see any Celtics on that list. Not even Kyrie. Raps have no talent. Lol.

Comment

• Abbas wrote: View Post
                  this will improve his chances on getting to the HOF one day. hopefully he can get a couple more All-NBA before retirement.

the hate for him on this page is ridiculous, it's almost like people want him to fail so they can hate.
                  I like Demar and I’m happy for him. I just want him to play some defense that’s not terrible.
                  It’s completely reasonable to see what’s available in a package for him. If there’s not value, don’t trade him.

I would argue that the Atlanta Hawks liked Paul Millsap and Horford and Teague and Carroll too. They all left for nothing eventually.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                    Then that's his value
                    ....said Billy King

Comment

• Rudy Bargnani wrote: View Post

I would argue that the Atlanta Hawks liked Paul Millsap and Horford and Teague and Carroll too. They all left for nothing eventually.
                      Nah, DeRozan is different from those guys. DeRozan is a legacy player - second greatest player in franchise history. The guys that you mentioned are nothing but role players/all stars.
                      Mamba Mentality

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                        Wow. He beat out Curry, Butler and PG. Like I’ve been saying: against anybody but Lebron and only in the playoffs.... DeMar is an NBA stud. He has huge trade value around the league for many teams.

@Scraptor: don’t see any Celtics on that list. Not even Kyrie. Raps have no talent. Lol.
                        Steph played just 51 games this season tho.

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                          Nah, DeRozan is different from those guys. DeRozan is a legacy player - second greatest player in franchise history. The guys that you mentioned are nothing but role players/all stars.
                          Fair enough. Wondering your opinion on two questions on Demar:
                          —Is he overpaid? More specifically can this team win with him as a $30mill/year man or do we need him to be a #2 scorer?
                          —His defense is awful. Is this Casey’s fault for lack of accountability and if not how do we reconcile this in today’s NBA when everyone is switching like crazy.

Again I like Demar. I really do. I just think there is some Ewing Theory at play with him and it’s time to kick tires on packages for him. And really, he’s 2 years away from potential free agency and (maybe) leaving for nothing.

Comment

• If it was between Demar of Westbrook for second team I don’t see how you don’t go with Demar. Westbrook shouldn’t even have made the all nba team considering guys like CP3 and even Kyrie we’re better than him.

Comment

• Rudy Bargnani wrote: View Post
                              Fair enough. Wondering your opinion on two questions on Demar:
                              —Is he overpaid? More specifically can this team win with him as a $30mill/year man or do we need him to be a #2 scorer?
                              —His defense is awful. Is this Casey’s fault for lack of accountability and if not how do we reconcile this in today’s NBA when everyone is switching like crazy.

Again I like Demar. I really do. I just think there is some Ewing Theory at play with him and it’s time to kick tires on packages for him. And really, he’s 2 years away from potential free agency and (maybe) leaving for nothing.
                              1. He's definitely not a #1 or a franchise player like Vince. He's really more of a #2 guy. Not sure if he's overpaid because a lot of B level stars like hom are making the same kind of money.

2. Not Casey's fault. The player has to take accountability.

My stance on DeRozan has not changed. He's a damn good player. Perennial all star. But he's also not a guy that you can win with if he's your #1. I would move him for the RIGHT price and that is a good young player + a lottery pick(top 10). Basically what the Bulls got for Butler.
                              Mamba Mentality

Comment

• honestly, If we can somehow get a number 1 option beside DeRozan I think that will make him an even better player. Someone like Durant, Curry, Leonard, paul, etc... will make Demar better than he is. His shooting will rise from 45-46% to 50-52% I think due to the lesser defenders that will be guarding him and less double teams. Also, since he will be working less on offense, he may actually play better defense ...

also, I just realized that Demar now has the same career All-NBA teams as Vince
                                Abbas wrote:

Comment

Working...
                                X