Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TRex wrote: View Post
    1. He's definitely not a #1 or a franchise player like Vince. He's really more of a #2 guy. Not sure if he's overpaid because a lot of B level stars like hom are making the same kind of money.

2. Not Casey's fault. The player has to take accountability.

My stance on DeRozan has not changed. He's a damn good player. Perennial all star. But he's also not a guy that you can win with if he's your #1. I would move him for the RIGHT price and that is a good young player + a lottery pick(top 10). Basically what the Bulls got for Butler.
    I have similar views, I think you can for sure win 50-60 games with will as a number 1 option but if we're talking chapionships, He is best suited for being a number 2 option.

Hopefullyraptorscan get that number 1 option somehow
    Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

• Abbas wrote: View Post
      honestly, If we can somehow get a number 1 option beside DeRozan I think that will make him an even better player. Someone like Durant, Curry, Leonard, paul, etc... will make Demar better than he is. His shooting will rise from 45-46% to 50-52% I think due to the lesser defenders that will be guarding him and less double teams. Also, since he will be working less on offense, he may actually play better defense ...

also, I just realized that Demar now has the same career All-NBA teams as Vince
      The ideal scenario is the Raps find a #1 guy and DeRozan becomes the #2.
      Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Abbas wrote: View Post
        I have similar views, I think you can for sure win 50-60 games with will as a number 1 option but if we're talking chapionships, He is best suited for being a number 2 option.

Hopefullyraptorscan get that number 1 option somehow
        I also have similar views, but I’d argue it’s hard to get that guy when you’re paying out $30mill per in this cap environment to Derozan . Like you’re either hoping OG or Siakam or a late round pick turns into a star or you’re f—-d.

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
          1. He's definitely not a #1 or a franchise player like Vince. He's really more of a #2 guy. Not sure if he's overpaid because a lot of B level stars like hom are making the same kind of money.

2. Not Casey's fault. The player has to take accountability.

My stance on DeRozan has not changed. He's a damn good player. Perennial all star. But he's also not a guy that you can win with if he's your #1. I would move him for the RIGHT price and that is a good young player + a lottery pick(top 10). Basically what the Bulls got for Butler.
          I never thought I'd see the day I would like a T-rex post, but yeah, that is right

Comment

• Other Scott wrote: View Post
            Very debatable whether Andrew Wiggins on a max contract is "a good thing"
            Not now (at least it appears to be the case).
            Last year? Had somebody proposed Wiggins for DD swap last year, MOST of us would have been beyond extatic. Now? Not sure, though the idea of exactly that floating around might at least be intriguing.

Comment

• Rudy Bargnani wrote: View Post
              I also have similar views, but I’d argue it’s hard to get that guy when you’re paying out $30mill per in this cap environment to Derozan . Like you’re either hoping OG or Siakam or a late round pick turns into a star or you’re f—-d.

Not a lot of other options to get "An elite" talent.
              Draft (and drafting usually out of lottery, like lately) -better luck out or else.
              Trades: Looking at a number of elite players traded last 2 years is as high as ever(PG13, CP3, Cousins, Buttler...). Why no Masai?
              He has done well as a GM in trades. Time for more magic (bring on the Knicks & Kings);
              Somehow MU will have to parlay Ibaka & Norm (with some youths) into a solid starter. I think he is up to task.
              This year there are several all stars that have been rumoured "on the move" where either player (Kahwi) or team (Minnesota with KAT & Wiggins) are not happy.
              Its also 2 years after large overspend on FAs. With only a year or 2 left, is there a swap that might work?
              Not a suggestion of a potential trade, just an idea: Say Noah & NY 1st for Ibaka. Stupid?

Comment

• What happened?

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
                  What happened?
                  Since getting 2nd team All-NBA, nothing.
                  Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Mapko wrote: View Post
                    Not now (at least it appears to be the case).
                    Last year? Had somebody proposed Wiggins for DD swap last year, MOST of us would have been beyond extatic. Now? Not sure, though the idea of exactly that floating around might at least be intriguing.
                    Its worth a shot, maybe a new team and new way of looking at his game will make him our own "Oledipo". After all, it took Oledipo 3 different teams until he figured things out and became the player he was expected to become.

Comment

• Let’s make sure posts are on topic otherwise they tend to get Jack Armstrong’d

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
                        Its worth a shot, maybe a new team and new way of looking at his game will make him our own "Oledipo". After all, it took Oledipo 3 different teams until he figured things out and became the player he was expected to become.
                        Oladipo was great this year but you have to think that building their offence around him is going to end up with a similar situation to ours, a high floor but not high enough ceiling. Works out great for Oladipo but not sure if building around him will be enough. Guess it depends on what the objective for the season is.

Comment

• DeRozan tends to stall the offense and doesn't hit the open man often times. Muscular build but plays soft on the defensive end.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                            Oladipo was great this year but you have to think that building their offence around him is going to end up with a similar situation to ours, a high floor but not high enough ceiling. Works out great for Oladipo but not sure if building around him will be enough. Guess it depends on what the objective for the season is.
                            Definitely higher ceiling to build with Dipo than DD because he can shoot the 3 and he’s an all-NBA defender. And he’s not intimidated by Lebronto. Swap DD for Dipo and we’re in the Finals this year, easy.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                              Definitely higher ceiling to build with Dipo than DD because he can shoot the 3 and he’s an all-NBA defender. And he’s not intimidated by Lebronto. Swap DD for Dipo and we’re in the Finals this year, easy.
                              No, no we're not.

Not sure how you think Oladipo swapping in for DeRozan makes up a +15 points per 100 possessions differential but sure mate.

Comment

• Putting harden on KD is a really good idea. We’ve seen Demar play good defence on Lebron for a possession or two. He’s strong and quick and it would be interesting to see how he works as the primary defender on Lebron. Have OG be the man that gets LbJ on switches and switch from smalls to bugs when either Lebron or love are in the post like Boston does. It’s an interesting idea. It may be a horrible idea but it couldn’t be worse than having CJ Miles guarding love and Lebron every possession.

Comment

Working...
                                X