Likes Likes:  8,590

View Poll Results: Are you content with last season production for Demar's new salary?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • More money, more production

4 44.44%
  • Was worth the money last season, so repeat that

5 55.56%
Page 1148 of 1152 FirstFirst ... 148 648 1048 1098 1138 1146 1147 1148 1149 1150 ... LastLast
Results 22,941 to 22,960 of 23026

Thread: Everything Demar Derozan

Raptors Republic Starter
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote JimiCliff wrote: View Post
    If Masai can land Doncic for Demar and some parts, it's statue time.
    Which kind of brings us to the problem with this offseason. Most of these trades proposed are either:
    a) Unrealistic (any trade in which Demar brings back a top 5 pick, Demar for Ingram+pieces, Philly giving up on Fultz for 2 years of Lowry) or
    b) High risk and probably an overall bad calculation (Demar for Wiggins and the 18th pick)

I just don't know if there's a good move to make this summer to move away from the core.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Why in the world would a rebuilding team like Phx or Sac trade their pick for DeRozan? it's not realistic, specially with all the Ayton and Doncic hype. People call Doncic, Ben Simmons with a jump shot. And Ayton as a David Robinson type player.

Hell the Hawks tanked all year so that they can pick high in the draft. They are not trading a chance to draft Bagley so that they can land a 29 year old player.

The team in the top 5 that might trade their pick is Dallas - mainly because Mark Cuban is always in win now mode.

3. Likes Other Scott, DanH, Just Is liked this post
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote TRex wrote: View Post
    Why in the world would a rebuilding team like Phx or Sac trade their pick for DeRozan? it's not realistic, specially with all the Ayton and Doncic hype. People call Doncic, Ben Simmons with a jump shot. And Ayton as a David Robinson type player.

Hell the Hawks tanked all year so that they can pick high in the draft. They are not trading a chance to draft Bagley so that they can land a 29 year old player.

The team in the top 5 that might trade their pick is Dallas - mainly because Mark Cuban is always in win now mode.
    I think even Dallas is a pipe dream. Dallas is way too many pieces away from contending, it's better just to suck up the full rebuild so that everyone's timeline aligns.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Other Scott wrote: View Post
    I think even Dallas is a pipe dream. Dallas is way too many pieces away from contending, it's better just to suck up the full rebuild so that everyone's timeline aligns.
    Btw, i wouldn't trade DD for the #5 pick. Who's going to be there? Porter has back issues. Bamba? is he really a franchise changer type of talent? Trae Young? high risk high reward type of talent. I'd rather hold onto DD.

Raptors Republic Superstar Puffer's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Btw, i wouldn't trade DD for the #5 pick. Who's going to be there? Porter has back issues. Bamba? is he really a franchise changer type of talent? Trae Young? high risk high reward type of talent. I'd rather hold onto DD.
    New coach makes DD play adequate defense. And uses a system that is suited for the players he has, and tailored for the team the Raptors are facing.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

While I generally agree, I wouldn't write off Sacramento. Unstable owner with a desire to win - short sighted moves from Sac wouldn't really be a surprise.
    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

Raptors Republic All-Star big boi's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Abbas wrote: View Post
    But again, How many series did he win. Stats don't mean shit unless you win

Iggy won MVP cuz his team won regardless off LeBron averaging 35/10/10 or some shit
    So you're saying you'd prefer to have Iggy than Lebron? is that your logic? Recall, the context was either a preference for one of Demar or Butler or as another poster mentioned, no preference. I'm not sure you've added much nuance to that conversation.

Raptors Republic All-Star big boi's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Puffer wrote: View Post
    New coach makes DD play adequate defense. And uses a system that is suited for the players he has, and tailored for the team the Raptors are facing.
    While Demar has shown little interest in defending, he has also not remotely demonstrated that he can play even adequate defense. Ever. He has chosen to ignore that half of the game and has never been held to account for it. You don't just wake up one day and go from being a horrible defensive player to adequate, just because the coach tells you to. I guess a coach could ask him to care. But I think it's too late for that.

Raptors Republic Veteran Barolt's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

There is an opportunity cost here. There's basically one chance left to try to make the case that DeMar can be turned into an adequate defender. If the Raptors choose to burn that chance themselves, and fail, then making that case to a team trading for him gets harder.
    twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

11. Likes big boi, DanH, Just Is liked this post
    Raptors Republic Starter Truth Teller's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote JimiCliff wrote: View Post
    If Masai can land Doncic for Demar and some parts, it's statue time.
    LOL Thats never happening. We should just give Masai a statue even if the Raptors never win. Doncic is a 19 yr old prodigy who plays at THE legendary Real Madrid.

I would probably trade Derozan, Lowry, Ibaka, JV and OG for him...

Raptors Republic Starter Truth Teller's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Would anyone trade Derozan for Kuzma and Ingram? We would have to take back Deng's contract and most likely ask for a right to swap picks in next years draft.

Raptors Republic All-Star ebrian's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

How? The only way a new coach is going to make DD play adequate defense is if we hire Aang, The Last Airbender, and he uses blood-bending on DD. And that's still iffy because who knows if Aang is even good at basketball, although who am I kidding of course Aang is good at basketball.
    your pal,
    ebrian

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Truth Teller wrote: View Post
    Would anyone trade Derozan for Kuzma and Ingram? We would have to take back Deng's contract and most likely ask for a right to swap picks in next years draft.
    Don't think Magic gives you both of them for DeMar unless LeBron agrees to go there and tells him he wants DD.

Raptors Republic Veteran planetmars's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Draft looks pretty weak this year.. but I would swap DD for Matthews and Mikal Bridges. I think Bridges is going to be a stud in the right environment. Almost like Donovan Mitchell.

Raptors Republic Superstar The Claw Reborn's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote big boi wrote: View Post
    While Demar has shown little interest in defending, he has also not remotely demonstrated that he can play even adequate defense. Ever. He has chosen to ignore that half of the game and has never been held to account for it. You don't just wake up one day and go from being a horrible defensive player to adequate, just because the coach tells you to. I guess a coach could ask him to care. But I think it's too late for that.
    Quote Barolt wrote: View Post
    There is an opportunity cost here. There's basically one chance left to try to make the case that DeMar can be turned into an adequate defender. If the Raptors choose to burn that chance themselves, and fail, then making that case to a team trading for him gets harder.
    Well said.

A NINE YEAR VETERAN can not just learn how to demonstrate sound defense over a summer and under a new coach.

Defending is a process, starts with very good foundation/ fundamentals in college, high BBIQ and relentless commitment.

When he gives up blow byes and corner threes then shoot clunkers outside of 22 feet in return, thatís when he becomes most vulnerable and the whole team suffers.

So stop this nonsense and let us all move on.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Axel wrote: View Post
    While I generally agree, I wouldn't write off Sacramento. Unstable owner with a desire to win - short sighted moves from Sac wouldn't really be a surprise.
    If Doncic goes #1, I could see it.

Raptors Republic All-Star Bonus Jonas's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Truth Teller wrote: View Post
    Definitely wonít get the pick swap.

But I could see it, but only if the Lakers land a star first.

If they manage to sign Paul George I could see them trading for Demar.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
    Definitely wonít get the pick swap.

But I could see it, but only if the Lakers land a star first.

If they manage to sign Paul George I could see them trading for Demar.
    There's a few scenarios where after the big name free agents choose a destination, depending on where they land, the markets for DeMar and Lowry could change pretty drastically. Will be an interesting summer.

Raptors Republic All-Star Bonus Jonas's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote DanH wrote: View Post
    There's a few scenarios where after the big name free agents choose a destination, depending on where they land, the markets for DeMar and Lowry could change pretty drastically. Will be an interesting summer.
    Agree.

Personally not on the camp of trading Lowry since I think heís a championship caliber second option, but the right price is always the right price.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
    Agree.

Personally not on the camp of trading Lowry since I think he’s a championship caliber second option, but the right price is always the right price.
    What good does this do you if you can't get/don't have a championship caliber 1st option?

If we can't parlay DeMar and other assets into Kawhi (who is the only superstar who's remotely available at the moment) a rebuild should be top priority.

Thread Information