• Show
Clear All

• TRex wrote: View Post
    Was Reggie Miller a superstar player?
    Nope.

Comment

Was Reggie Miller a superstar player?
      Not even close. 18-3-3 career average, 5 all stars, highest mvp vote: 13th. No 2nd team all stars.

Amazing leader, iconic playoff memories..but hell demar derozan has had a higher regular season peak
      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Reggie averaged over 24 points once, and usually hovered around 21. Those aren’t superstar numbers.

Comment

• I think Reggie Miller was a superstar/franchise player. He was a PERENNIAL 20+ppg scorer in his prime. His ppg were significantly down in his last 3-4 years hence the 18ppg career average. But that man has over 25000 points. He singlehandedly carried the Pacers to the Finals in 2000. He would've won a ring if not for Shaq and Kobe.

Vince Carter btw has a 17/4/3 career average. Vince in his prime was a superstar player. I don't think anyone would argue that.
          Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Abbas wrote: View Post
            Let me guess, you think 2nd team ALL NBA is meaningless as well right?
            Yes
            Yup
            Si
            Oui
            Ja
            Shah
            Ken
            Hai
            Ha’an
            Oo
            Bale
            Haa
            Hanji
            Igen
            Da

Comment

I think Reggie Miller was a superstar/franchise player. He was a PERENNIAL 20+ppg scorer in his prime. His ppg were significantly down in his last 3-4 years hence the 18ppg career average. But that man has over 25000 points. He singlehandedly carried the Pacers to the Finals in 2000. He would've won a ring if not for Shaq and Kobe.

Vince Carter btw has a 17/4/3 career average. Vince in his prime was a superstar player. I don't think anyone would argue that.
              Carter was a star no doubt, but he was no superstar.

Duncan, Garnett, Shaq, Kidd and Kobe were the superstars of early 2000s

Carter was a level, or two (can even argue 3) below these 5 guys
              Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

• Abbas wrote: View Post
                Carter was a star no doubt, but he was no superstar.

Duncan, Garnett, Shaq, Kidd and Kobe were the superstars of early 2000s

Carter was a level, or two (can even argue 3) below these 5 guys
                Crazy how you sounded with such quantifiable conviction with use of due diligence by stating such.

Though you also projected same conviction when u said that Derozan has an above average defense.

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post
                  Crazy how you sounded with such quantifiable conviction with use of due diligence by stating such.

Though you also projected same conviction when u said that Derozan has an above average defense.
                  Quote me?
                  Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

I think Reggie Miller was a superstar/franchise player. He was a PERENNIAL 20+ppg scorer in his prime. His ppg were significantly down in his last 3-4 years hence the 18ppg career average. But that man has over 25000 points. He singlehandedly carried the Pacers to the Finals in 2000. He would've won a ring if not for Shaq and Kobe.

No 2nd team all stars, never voted higher than 12th in mvp voting. If he's a superstar then so is Bradley Beal let's be real

Reggie is more famous for moments. Super clutch. But he was never a top 10 player over an entire season

Comment

• Reggie was a team leader, fierce competitor, and franchise guy without putting up superstar numbers. He was the backbone of a very good team that made a Finals and was one of the top teams in the league for several seasons. If he played now he'd be jacking 8-10 3's a game and getting better numbers.

Anyone who thinks Vince wasn't a superstar in the early 00's is nuts.
                      "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Everyone will have a different take on what a superstar means. It's more than an MVP in my opinion. It's someone that you can place on 29 other teams and make them contenders over night.

Look at a sad sack group like the Knicks. If you put player X on that team.. are they legit championship contenders? That's how I would qualify it.

So my short list for current players that are superstars are Lebron, Durant, Steph, Harden, Davis and a healthy Kwahi.

Reggie Miller would not qualify in my opinion. His Pacer's teams were quite solid near the end of his tenure. But that team reminded me more of our Raptors than anything else. They had a lot of solid pieces. Miller was like Lowry to be frank. No chance against Jordan like we had against Lebron.

Vince is a good debate point. He was never in real MVP consideration. The team only got through 1 round once and that was with a 5 game series. No more than 47 wins in a year which isn't that great. His peak was too short. And at his best he may have been more Dominique than Jordan. Would probably still give him that super star card.. but that's probably only because he was so fucking awesome as a Raptor, and I'm a Raptors fan.

Comment

• Vince was a superstar. Miller was not.

Part of my definition of superstar is the amount of hype and excitement they generate. Vince was a legit rock star with the Raps... Miller never had that kind of drawing power.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
                            Vince was a superstar. Miller was not.

Part of my definition of superstar is the amount of hype and excitement they generate. Vince was a legit rock star with the Raps... Miller never had that kind of drawing power.
                            Tim Duncan was a superstar.. and he was as boring as they come.

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                              Reggie was a team leader, fierce competitor, and franchise guy without putting up superstar numbers. He was the backbone of a very good team that made a Finals and was one of the top teams in the league for several seasons. If he played now he'd be jacking 8-10 3's a game and getting better numbers.

Anyone who thinks Vince wasn't a superstar in the early 00's is nuts.
                              Reggie Miller has over 25000 points. He's top 25 i think all time in scoring. How is that not superstar numbers?
                              Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
                                Vince was a superstar. Miller was not.

Vince was a star player but superstar draw/hype..it was once a dead heat with kobe or maybe even Vince ahead..but he didn't keep working to take that final leap...needless to say, kobe did.

Comment

Working...
                                X