Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Puffer wrote: View Post
    If this goes down I will be very sad to see him go. However, it turns out for the Raptors. I wonder what he says when they tell him they are going to retire his jersey here?
    I think it goes without saying that he will but it won't be for some time.

I literally was pushing for this trade but everything from the outside basketball perspective isn't happy with it. I'm not really sure the Spurs were in a place of leverage in negotiations but at the same time; most any other offer would have beat ours.

I'm gonna miss this dude off the court.
    Last edited by Just Is; Wed Jul 18, 2018, 08:28 AM.
    "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
    "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• DeMar DeRozan Appreciation Thread

Just want to show some love to DeMar. He's a son of the city and a Raptor for life.

From 2014:

All-time Raptors leaderboard:

All the best in San Antonio, I hope you grow your game even more under probably the greatest coach of all time.

Comment

• special1 wrote: View Post
        Still here!

I check in every once in a while.

Waiting to see what happens. I hear the rumours and I hope we don’t give up too much for a rental. Hopefully, we don’t get desperate and give away our future picks/young players and all-star for someone who’s determined to be in LA next year.....

This just doesn’t feel right to me. It could be a grave mistake. Masai would get some sort of commitment right???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Hey brotha, where you been? Yeah, really mixed emotions floating all around - gonna be a crazy few days just absorbing it all.
        But you have to give Masai & Webster credit for having the balls to go for it. Could be Webster pushing Masai out of his comfort zone with the fearlessness of brash youth.

Comment

• YEEEEES

Kawhi, Green,

for DD JP and a 1st!!!!!

Comment

• Wow, both Casey and DeRozan, two of the main faces of this organization get moved in the same off season. Can't say it isn't Masai's team anymore.

Comment

• GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post
              YEEEEES

Kawhi, Green,

for DD JP and a 1st!!!!!
              We get Green too?! Nurse got some guns now.

Comment

• Holy crap, I will miss what this guy represented to this organization.

Comment

• Haven't felt like this since Jose or Amir, but this feels worse.

Comment

• Dear DeRozan

Dear DeMar Darnell DeRozan,

A four-time all-star, All-NBA 2nd team, one of the best scorers in the league and a future Hall of Famer. Thank You for the countless memories you left behind. You accepted the mission to put the entire city of Toronto behind your back and motivated the youth who are aspiring to one day be like you. A family man, who tattooed the words “Loyalty” on your body. You did not even agree to take an interview with another team when you finally became an unrestricted free agent. Regardless of where you reside, Toronto will forever be your home. There are only a handful of players in NBA history that are as hardworking as you. Straight out of Compton, all the way to the gym. If some had the love and desire you have for Basketball in all facets of life, they would be twice as better as they are now. From averaging 8 points to nearly 28 points and dishing out an assist a game to 5-6 regularly, you showed us what hard work can get you. Thank you again, you will forever be a Raptor in the heart of all Toronians. All the best in San Antonio, I’m sure you will strive in their system and like you said “prove em”. Prove all them doubters, naysayers, and haters wrong like you do every single season. Thank You.

Best Regards
                    - Raptor Fan
                    Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

• heartbroken
                      Abbas wrote:

Comment

• I don't post often (if ever) during the summer, but I gotta pay my tributes to Demar. Hands down the loyalest player the Raptors have ever had. It's been an absolute pleasure to see Demar grow from a raw athlete from year 1 to a bonafide All-Star. I hope to see Demar's jersey retired in Toronto someday. Wish the best of luck to this fine young man!

Comment

• I will absolutely miss this guy. Met him and his daughter quite a few time at 905 games so I know how genuinely nice this guy is. I've got nothing but love for this man and even more for how open he's been about his depression. I really hope glad that the team he's going to is the Spurs so I don't necessarily have to be upset about the destination. I think he can shock people under Pops.

I do think that we have to informally make sure that no one can wear 10 here again.
                          "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                          "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• https://forums.raptorsrepublic.com/s...6-Dear-DeRozan

dont forget my Dear DeRozan thread
                            Abbas wrote:

Comment

• man im in tears, i cant handle this shit lol
                              Abbas wrote:

Comment

• GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post
                                YEEEEES

Kawhi, Green,

for DD JP and a 1st!!!!!
                                Meant for this post to have been in the offseason thread.
                                Apologies to the Demar thread.
                                Nothing but love and respect.

Comment

Working...
                                X