Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• planetmars wrote: View Post
    That guy Chris Paul is pretty good though.. might even be better than Lowry this year. If Cleveland didn't have Lebron would they make the playoffs? I'm pretty sure Houston would without Harden.
    Yeah but the league is stupid sometimes. Regardless of Paul, Harden could win it just because he deserved it last year and didn't get it. Last year's Rockets team would've been lucky to win 25 games without him. His team finished with a significantly better record than OKC, and beat OKC in a head to head playoff matchup. But Westbrook padded his stats all year and got it.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
      I wonder how many more years he sees himself playing? He could add another 4500 points to his total in the next 3 years pretty easily, I would think.. That could move him up to around 27000 points. Ahead of Tim Duncan, Hakeem, and Oscar Robertson. Pretty heady company.
      Unfortunately your math is off by 10,000 points. DeMar is at 12,455 career points. At 17,000 points he'd be in the Dumars/Worthy/Sprewell/Bosh bucket. It's another 10,000 from there to get past Duncan, Hakeem, and Oscar. That's one reason those guys are basically top 8-12 players all time.

If after this year he's at say 13,250, add
      3 yrs x 70 games x 22ppg = 4,620 (age 29, 30, 31 at start of season)
      3 yrs x 70 games x 18ppg = 3,780 (32, 33, 34)
      2 yrs x 70 games x 14ppg = 1,960 (35, 36)

That would put him at 23,610. He might play another year or two after that since his game is now more about craftiness and angles and footwork, but we won't include it to account for injuries or whatnot.

That would put him knocking on the top 30, just behind AI, Barkley, and Ray Allen. Pretty amazing to think about, but it's a long road with a lot of uncertainty.

Comment

• Almost all hockey fans know the NHL MVP wins the Hart Trophy. Anyone know the name of the NBA MVP Trophy? I didn't until I googled it.
        If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
          Almost all hockey fans know the NHL MVP wins the Hart Trophy. Anyone know the name of the NBA MVP Trophy? I didn't until I googled it.
          I knew it but I didn't. Like I've definitely seen it called Maurice Podoloff, but I didn't remember until I looked.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
            That guy Chris Paul is pretty good though.. might even be better than Lowry this year. If Cleveland didn't have Lebron would they make the playoffs? I'm pretty sure Houston would without Harden.
            You could probably give the award to LeBron every year. That guy is truly unreal. Stick him on any team in the league and he could carry them to the playoffs

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
              Unfortunately your math is off by 10,000 points. DeMar is at 12,455 career points. At 17,000 points he'd be in the Dumars/Worthy/Sprewell/Bosh bucket. It's another 10,000 from there to get past Duncan, Hakeem, and Oscar. That's one reason those guys are basically top 8-12 players all time.

If after this year he's at say 13,250, add
              3 yrs x 70 games x 22ppg = 4,620 (age 29, 30, 31 at start of season)
              3 yrs x 70 games x 18ppg = 3,780 (32, 33, 34)
              2 yrs x 70 games x 14ppg = 1,960 (35, 36)

That would put him at 23,610. He might play another year or two after that since his game is now more about craftiness and angles and footwork, but we won't include it to account for injuries or whatnot.

That would put him knocking on the top 30, just behind AI, Barkley, and Ray Allen. Pretty amazing to think about, but it's a long road with a lot of uncertainty.
              I wonder what the heck I was looking at? I remember seeing career totals. Screwed up during the transition from reading to typing. Oh well, if highly trained professionals can blow an out of bounds call during the last minute of a highly contested ball game, I guess a blowhard mumbling in a fan forum cam be forgiven for screwing up.

Comment

• Demar DefeelinIt

https://www.instagram.com/p/BeBWuqaH9xo/
                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• DeMar is starting in the all star game, as expected. But the cool thing is that in addition to the fan vote, he was also number 2 in both the players and media voting, which goes to show just to show how much he's solidified his reputation. Last year he was 3/3/2.

Comment

• One time all-star lmao

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
                    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                      One time all-star lmao

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
                      You going back to a comment from three yeas ago?

And you knew DeMar would progress the way he has??? Did you mention his 3pt shooting three years ago?? I don't remember. Just wondering.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                        Almost all hockey fans know the NHL MVP wins the Hart Trophy. Anyone know the name of the NBA MVP Trophy? I didn't until I googled it.
                        I would've guessed The Mengke Bateer Trophy.

Comment

• During halftime of yesterday's game, Sam Mitchell mentioned DeRozan and the hall of fame.

2 years ago i mentioned here that if DeRozan keeps improving and keeps playing the way he's been playing the next 7 years, he has a LEGIT shot of making the hall of fame.

5 more years of seasons like this and he's pretty much a lock.

DeRozan btw is only 28.
                          Mamba Mentality

Comment

• I'd be extremely surprised if DD doesnt end up a HOFer.

Comment

• Assuming DeMar stays healthy he'll easily join the 20K points club. If he continues to have some good playoff runs and rack up all-star appearances, I think he's for sure going to get into the Hall. Not to mention he'll likely hold several Raptors records (I mean he already has a bunch) when he retires.

Comment

• No player has made 7 or more all-stars and not been in the hall. 3 more to go.
                                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Working...
                                X